Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    Speaking of band banned, ..........
    :confused:
    Last edited by Malibu Minion; 03-16-2005 at 11:05 PM.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    Speaking of band banned, ..........
    I am kinda sorry about that. Makes me think back to my.. uh... bad days.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Hooterville, USA

I was sitting in City Hall one fine day, when a man came in fuming! I said, "this is going to be good". He was irate over the Queen of Hearts scaring his child not once, but 4 times. Me being a smart a**, thought about asking him why he was stupid enough to subject his child not once, but 4 times! Noting how big and mad this man was, I chose to keep my lip zippered. Wise choice by the way. He then proceeded to cuss at the lady who was taking his complaint, and he wanted the Queen to be dealt with. He asked the CM if she would get back to him with the decision. That, made me chuckle. He did get a meeting with a lead though. I hope it gave him satisfaction. Those poor people at City Hall. They get all the complaints for no extra pay.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Do I seem familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    More like what to Costumed CMs thing. Us Non-Costumed folk have a completely different perspective. =)
    Hey... are you pulling rank?! (Kidding!)

But really, can you help me get an entry-level job at TDA? (Kidding again. Not really, but hey, it was worth a try!)

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

I would like to go on record saying, NOT ALL CAST MEMBERS (COSTUMED OR NOT) think the things that are posted on that website! I also want to apologize on the behalf of some of my fellow cast members for things that are said on that web site. People need to think before they write some things. Also, please keep in mind that most of the cast members that post on there, do it thinking that ONLY other cast members are going to read it!

• Minion

LOL wickedqueen you are wrong they are fully aware that other people read it mostly because some AP's are on there as well. >=) Goes to show, im not the only demon at the park.
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDemona
    LOL wickedqueen you are wrong they are fully aware that other people read it mostly because some AP's are on there as well. >=) Goes to show, im not the only demon at the park.

You really think so ... I am sorry ... but I think that is wrong! I love Walt and his dream and I hate that others have to ruin what he had in mind for us! It is one thing to go home and vent to your mom, grandmother, or DOG! But to type it up on a site where anyone can see it ... it destroys all of the magic that each of us cast members are supposed to uphold! We should be proud of what we do. Yeah sometimes standing in City Hall and being yelled at for an 8 hour day sucks! Or picking up trash just to have teenagers run in front of you and throw popcorn on the groud, just so they can watch you sweep it up, makes you wanna scream. Or having parents yell at you because Snow White needs to powder her nose, I am sure makes you wanna pull your hair out. But vent about it at home, or CALL up your friends!! You know?? Am I the only one that feels this way?? I think it is soooo wrong!

Well they are STOCKHOLDERS after all.

David H

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    While I was a day custodial CM, I can to the conclusion that if you had Harvard Alumni Day at Disneyland, the park would still be full of complete and utter morons. I swear- every guest thinks they are the only ones in the park.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen
    You really think so ... I am sorry ... but I think that is wrong! I love Walt and his dream and I hate that others have to ruin what he had in mind for us! It is one thing to go home and vent to your mom, grandmother, or DOG! But to type it up on a site where anyone can see it ... it destroys all of the magic that each of us cast members are supposed to uphold! We should be proud of what we do. Yeah sometimes standing in City Hall and being yelled at for an 8 hour day sucks! Or picking up trash just to have teenagers run in front of you and throw popcorn on the groud, just so they can watch you sweep it up, makes you wanna scream. Or having parents yell at you because Snow White needs to powder her nose, I am sure makes you wanna pull your hair out. But vent about it at home, or CALL up your friends!! You know?? Am I the only one that feels this way?? I think it is soooo wrong!
    Really? I think it's great. I don't usually encounter Guests at work but I think for those who do, it is a good forum. It lets other CMs and guests know not to act like a complete dip-sh*t.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Senior Minion

Sounds like someone slipped through the screening process at the interview. I
    can't stand the fact that there are CM'S who think it is funny or there "right" to go and negatively talk about all there rotten experiences with people, maybe you shouldn't be a CM.

You have no patience and no tolerance. And you are jaded by those bad experiences, you need to deal with those "Grudges" you have kept.
    Get out of working for Disney if you cannot put up with those petty things that you describe. People are funny and HUMAN.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    In defense of the people that post there, they are doing themeselves a great service. I worked for years answering technical questions in a phone bank. I was always nice to the people on the phone and gave them great service, but when I was off the phone I was ragging on them. Let's be honest, there is just so much stupid you can take in one day. If you don't vent, you blow.
    I have spent hours on that board reading their post and I think, to bad some of the offenders don't read this stuff. The first rule when you are a guest at Disneyland is A. don't check your brain at the lockers outside the gate and B. Remember you are a guest and not the owner of the damn place.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by Metal God
    Thats really not fair though. I treat cast members as well as my family. I dont throw the " but Im a passholder" crap in their face and quite frequently I say thank you sir or maam.

Then you are one of few.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Sounds like someone slipped through the screening process at the interview. I
    can't stand the fact that there are CM'S who think it is funny or there "right" to go and negatively talk about all there rotten experiences with people, maybe you shouldn't be a CM.

You have no patience and no tolerance. And you are jaded by those bad experiences, you need to deal with those "Grudges" you have kept.
    Get out of working for Disney if you cannot put up with those petty things that you describe. People are funny and HUMAN.
    As a former CM, I agree with where you're coming from but at the same time if you didn't vent you'd go crazy. Just think of it this way, as a CM you are paid to be EXTREMELY nice, helpful, and patient. You aren't allowed to be gruff, bossy, or even a bit bitchy. If you are people complain and you get written up for losing your cool. It gets to be some what frustrating and people can be so infuriating. Rude too! You'd be surprised at how rude and mean people can be at the Park. I had people tell me to go ******* myself because I told them they couldn't stand some where. I had a lady start screaming in my face and calling me name when I told her she had to take her baby out of the stroller or get off the tram. Yes people are human but you still gotta complain.

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

I agree .. people can complain ... but not on a board where ANYONE can read it. Espically with the Disney name attached to it. It just seems wrong. There is no secret that people who are working at DL aren't doing it for the money! If you don't enjoy your job ... more the 50% of the time .. QUIT! The cast members who are bitter just make the park less enjoyable for the other guests and their fellow cast members. Go work at In-N-Out and get paid more for doing less! I admit, I complain about some of the guests that upset me ... but I do it at home to my family, not somewhere where someone can read it. It tarnishes the Disney name! Walt would be sooooo mad! It comes with the job ... people need to learn to suck it up! <My 2 cents ... again>

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen
    I agree .. people can complain ... but not on a board where ANYONE can read it. Espically with the Disney name attached to it. It just seems wrong. There is no secret that people who are working at DL aren't doing it for the money! If you don't enjoy your job ... more the 50% of the time .. QUIT! The cast members who are bitter just make the park less enjoyable for the other guests and their fellow cast members. Go work at In-N-Out and get paid more for doing less! I admit, I complain about some of the guests that upset me ... but I do it at home to my family, not somewhere where someone can read it. It tarnishes the Disney name! Walt would be sooooo mad! It comes with the job ... people need to learn to suck it up! <My 2 cents ... again>
    Um we aren't doing it for the money? Hello, I am so doing it for the paycheck as well as the fun. For the record there is a big yellow building out back just full of people who are in it for the money... lets be realistic!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast