Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I agree, just because you are a cm doesn't mean that you are suppossed to be some kind of perfet AA with no emotions that aren't pleasant. We are paid to make magic happen and provide personal service and experiances to the guests. Such personal involvement means that you are going to encounter stupid things and people trying to take advantage of you. Without a forum to vent and gain some perspective on the more frustrating aspects of the job, I can tell you there would be a lot more complaints at city hall about rude CM's. We are human too!

The kicker about it is that many of the stupid things guests do get them or others hurt and ruin the parks for others. Just because you bought a ticket doesn not give you the right to do or say or behave however you want and many people seem to forget that. A little curtosy would go a long way and it is not just the CM's who should remember that!
    Last edited by dramaqueen; 03-20-2005 at 08:42 AM.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Magical Memories fanzine

Lets be honest here Wickedqueen, its not a site just anybody is going to go look at, only Disney geeks like all of us would and I see no harm in showing examples of beahvior if only to show us better how we as a guest should act and the kind of crap CM's go through. I will grant you some of the people who post there perhaps go just a bit overboard, but I applaud that they have such a place to vent I think it makes them a better CM in the park rather than being a pressure cooker about ready to explode. And really honestly the company doesnt provide that kind of "safety valve" for CM's feelings that it once used to; they used to have cast parties on a regular basis, and at least once a year nights where only cast members and their families were allowed and the management had to take a turn at running the park for that night. The company used to really take care of its "family" in small ways that it never does now, so its a small wonder they need a place to vent more than ever.

If push really comes to shove, CM's are paid to be the nice polite people that are supposed to be in the parks, Disney doesnt have, nor should they have any kind of monopoly on how they should act outside the park. That would be like expecting someone who works at mcdonalds to ask everyone outside of work "would you like fries with that?" (yes I am aware they are not forced to "upsize" orders anymore its an anology).

• Banned User

Angry Re: Ever wonder what Cast members think?

Quote Originally Posted by HMMaid2001
    ^ Noooooo!!! I had this famous Smiley incident that happened to me. A while back, before they changed the no food/no drink policy...again... these guidelines weren't allowed in attractions..so, one nite, Smiley came in the attraction. i told him that he drinks weren't allowed in, and that he can wait until he was finished. He told me that he always took his drink, and that it was ok for him to bring it in. I told him about the new guidelines.Then, he drank it like it was a shot, threw it on the floor, and stomped on it with his foot! He threw it away, and went on the attraction. When he exited, he lfted the lap bar up so hard, that it made a loud sound, and took off, kicking the trashcans!
    Now, that is what I consider being a pompous, pampered , spoiled BRAT!!!!!

• Minion

Re: Ever wonder what Cast members think?

Yesterday a CM on the back of the tram heading to the mickey parking lot was yelling the whole way there. Everyone was laughing and swearing at her. She probably yelled at every guest on that tram. When we got off people where flipping her off. I'm a Cm and I understand having a bad day but being like that, it probably was her last day or week at work.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Some folks want to go out with a BANG!

What part of the Park do you work at?

We'll be there next week. We'll come by and say Hi!

• Minion

I work in DCA at Wine Country Trattoria resturant

• A Pirate's life for me!

That sounds like a cool place to work.

See you there!

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie2786
    I work in DCA at Wine Country Trattoria resturant
    Oh give it a few weeks .... you're gonna get pulled to the Blue Bayou kitchen to polish our silver all day while I host host host away!

They always pull you poor DCA hosts to us, and you get all excited because you think you'll be hosting at the Bayou, but no, you just end up in the kitchen. :P
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Minion

but I'm going to be a server soon.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie2786
    but I'm going to be a server soon.
    What? Oh man, time to pull some seniority and ****.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• insufferable know-it-all

(Mod note: Guys, there's a forum for this kind of stuff. If you're going to advertise another site, please put that thread in the Community Outpost. Thank you.)

(puts posting hat back on)

I love some of the stories on that site!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234