• Disney Memory Maker

Question Help Name My Website

Okay, I am about to get a domain (.com) for my website. Problem is, I don't know what to name it. My site's official name is Mickeyfans Website. Recently though, I shortened it to MFW. Here are my ideas:

1) http://www.MickeyfansWebsite.com (a bit long, but makes the most sense)
    2) http://www.MFWeb.com (short, but doesn't really say that it is a Disney site)
    3) http://www.MyMFW.com (short, keeps the MFW name, but still doesn't portray it's a Disney site).
    4) Change my site's name. Possible Choices...
    http://www.MickeyWeb.com
    http://www.DisneyEnquirer.com
    http://www.ExpeditionDisney.com

(My favorites are in bold)

I also thought that I could still incorperate Mickeyfans Website even if I "rebrand" it. I could have something like "Expedition Disney: A Mickeyfan's Website."

So what do you guys think? Any of my thoughts sound good or do you have some suggestions? (or did you not understand a single word of this post?) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Help Name My Website

I like Disney Enquirer myself.

Nice layout Mike, I really liked the Best Of awards for 2005, although I disagree with SGE. ROFL

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Nice layout Mike, I really liked the Best Of awards for 2005, although I disagree with SGE. ROFL
    Thanks for the comments (and yes, if I had to redo that category, Soarin' would probably just win over SGE (although I like both)).

I like Disney Enquirer myself.
    Right about now, I am either going for DisneyEnquirer or ExpeditionDisney. Namewise, I think DisneyEnquirer is much better. On the other hand, there's something about it that bugs me. Also, should I call it the DisneyInquirer or the DisneyEnquirer? If I use 'I', I can shorten it to the D.I. (which I think sounds better than D.E.). On the other hand, enquirer would alude to the National Enquirer. So many choices.

Either way, I will probably go for inquirer/enquirer in the end, but I thank you for your comments (and still would appreciate comments from anyone else).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Thanks for the comments (and yes, if I had to redo that category, Soarin' would probably just win over SGE (although I like both)).

Right about now, I am either going for DisneyEnquirer or ExpeditionDisney. Namewise, I think DisneyEnquirer is much better. On the other hand, there's something about it that bugs me. Also, should I call it the DisneyInquirer or the DisneyEnquirer? If I use 'I', I can shorten it to the D.I. (which I think sounds better than D.E.). On the other hand, enquirer would alude to the National Enquirer. So many choices.

Either way, I will probably go for inquirer/enquirer in the end, but I thank you for your comments (and still would appreciate comments from anyone else).
    For me, the variants that use "Expedition" evoked thoughts of the new Everest ride. I would agree with the Enquirer choice. And definitely go with the "E" spelling, mainly because it does allude to the supermarket rag. "DisneyEnquirer" should give you more accidental hits via Google.

• Disney Memory Maker

For Expedition, yes...the only reason I thought of that was because of EE.

Inquirer/Enquirer: Again, thanks for the suggestions. I think the easiest decision would be just to get both (all I need is to post 600 more times in this one forum to get the 2nd one) and pick one for the name. And being that I am going to have to redo the graphics/theme either way, it will be a while before I "officially" rename my site. Here are my thoughts on the pros and cons of "Enquirer"

Pros
    -Like you said, the relationship with the National Enquirer might bring in more people (who stumbled upon it by accident).
    -For some reason, I think Disney Enquirer (with spaces) visually looks better.

Cons
    -"Enquirer" is not actually a word in Webster's dictionary (only a little detail though)
    -For some reason, I think DisneyInquirer (with no spaces) visually looks better.

-Michael

• a pirate's life for me...

Can you not get "mickeyfans.com"?
    everybody has a laughin' place...

• Disney Memory Maker

Can you not get "mickeyfans.com"?
    No, it is already registered to someone (and won't expire until at least Jan 1, 2007). Also, the main reason I want to rename my site is because it has nothing to do with Mickey anymore (in fact, I don't even think I have a picture of Mickey anywhere on it ). It used to have to do with Mickey, but no longer does.