Hey everyone! I'm new to MiceChat (although I've been an avid reader for the last three years or so). I was wondering if there was anyone here who is in the travel industry and might be able to answer a few questions for me or knows of a reliable board elsewhere that my question might be more appropriate? I graduated four years ago with a BA in English and after exploring different career choices, I have recently decided that I want to get into travel marketing. If there is anyone who would be interested in taking a few minutes to help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Here they are:

Where do you see the travel/travel marketing industry (or profession) going in the next few years? What changes have you seen in the course of your career so far?
What specialized training or education is required to succeed in this field now? How has that changed?
Which skills have you found most helpful, and which ones will be most important in the future?
Could you describe your average workday and your key job responsibilities?
What are the best and worst things about working in this field today?
What resources help you keep up with the industry? Which trade or professional associations have you found most useful?
Has anything surprised you over the course of your career? What changes have you found most challenging?
Would you choose this field if you had it to do over again? Is there anything you would do differently?
What are the biggest technological changes influencing this business right now?
In what ways does your job affect your life outside work? How do you see work-life balance issues affecting colleagues?