• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Question Pixar's Jobs -- Over the HILL

Not to redirect traffic from our beloved MiceChat and MiceAge sites, has anybody else been reading a certain columnist's views on Steve Jobs/Apple/Pixar over the HILL ? ? ?

As he says at the end, "your thoughts?" Of course there's no MiceChat to post your thoughts so I thought ah, we can discuss here.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Pixar's Jobs -- Over the HILL

I saw it and I don't really blame Jobs. He's a computer man. When he bought Pixar he was a computer man. He still is a computer man. Pixar had software that he thought could be marketted. All of the articles coming out of the merger discuss the "cult of Steve" and his marketting savy. What he hasn't done, which I believe is most important, is destroy the quality of the Pixar films.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Mr. Hill is cute. I love his little fantasy world and seeing as how the LA Times broke the news that Circle 7 is stopping production and packing up, the day after Jim posted his tale makes me take him even less seriously before.

I really think he makes up most of what he says. I've seen very very very little of what he says become reality and I'm going to have to stick with the LATimes and go with "popular belief" that Circle 7 is no more.

Sure, he had more to talk about in his column, but with that big, glaring difference I can't take anything else in his column seriously. Sure, theres going to be major changes in Pixar and WDFA, but I don't think anything signals a drop in Pixars quality filmmaking.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Steve has always done what he felt was right, not what someone else told him to do. It's that spirit of independence that made Apple and Pixar what they are. Disney needs to recognize that, and allow it to continue.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I am waiting for someone to interview EISNER and get his reaction!

Why in the world is Jim Hill incapable of writing in complete sentences?

Hill has a strange loyalty to Michael Eisner, so I always assume that there is some ulterior motive to his ramblings.

The price Disney is paying is high, but not necessarily too high. The analysis by The Motley Fool makes excellent arguments to counter Hill's pessimism. Frankly, if Pixar has the intended effect of transforming Disney's organizational culture, then the acquisition will be worth ten times the amount Disney is paying. And, anything that diminishes Michael Eisner's influence over the directors and officers is a good thing.

I think Iger, ultimately, prefers Jobs, as a boss, to Eisner.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If Jobs thinks a product sucks, it's eliminated. Lassiter is the same way. Production is halted until the character or scene is right.

Let's hope they take a rake over the theme parks and make some changes (bye bye off the shelf carnival rides at Paradise Pier.)

The great thing about Jobs is that he is a founder, himself, so he understands the passion that many people feel is now lacking in the soulless corporation, filled with professional managers, that Disney has become. He would make a great chairman, eventually.

Additionally, I am encouraged by Dick Cook's rising prominence. Perhaps, Mr. Cook may receive a promotion in the near future that may allow Iger to concentrate on his area of specialty: the media outlets.

I have a feeling that we are seeing a coup of sorts. Iger has to tread lightly, though, because Eisner still owns almost 1% of the outstanding shares, but the C.E.O. now has some breathing room, at least. And, the fact that Jobs' fortunes are now tied to Disney's makes me feel much more comfortable.

The Apple factor has not even been mentioned, yet, but a strategic alliance with the closed systems that Apple sells could yield dramatic results in the future for both companies should Disney ever offer exclusive content for Apple hardware.

I just hope Steve Jobs goes in and does a number of the Board of Directors and tries to Clean House of Eisners cronies.

I just hope Steve Jobs goes in and does a number of the Board of Directors and tries to Clean House of Eisners cronies.

• People move me

He seems to breathe life into whatever he is involved with lets hope for the best.
    Dont be frightend, I'm just a friendly Monster....

Quote Originally Posted by Gigan
    He seems to breathe life into whatever he is involved with lets hope for the best.
    That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about Hill on this board!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well, maybe Apple can redesign all of the parks' reservation systems and computers that run the rides and cash registers. There are many levels of technology in the parks and resorts and the studio that could be out dated.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Despite having the aura and fan appeal of a rock star, Steve Jobs is only interested in what makes money for Steve Jobs. His existance at Disney is probably limited to making sure that the Pixar team isn't ostracized or too heavily assimilated.

Mind you, everyone says that Jobs' true love is Apple right now. When Jobs came to Apple again around 1998, everyone said that his true interest was Pixar and that Apple was like a stranger to him now. And when he first returned, in weeks he sold his 1.5 million shares of stock. Tough love for what everyone now says is "his baby."

Do not expect Jobs to be a strong factor in terms of the quality of the product. A number of employees will be powerful through having his ear, but ultimately his goal at Disney to make more of the kind of profit that he just made selling Pixar.