Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Promoting Season for Non-Violence!!!

Today, January 30, we begin the "season for non-violence". It's a 64-day educational and grassroots campaign dedicated to demonstrating that nonviolence is a powerful way to heal, transform, and empower our lives and communities.
    It's an event that has been staged each of the last several years, inspired by the memorial anniversaries of Mahatma Ghandi, and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. - honoring their vision for an empowered, nonviolent world.
    Fellow MiceChatters, I will be posting affirmations for each day of this period, that I have received from my own place of "spiritual nourishment".
    This thread is meant in no way to foster any particular religious or political viewpoint. (If you'd like to know more about mine, please PM me.)
    I don't even agree with everything these two men stood for - but I do believe that there is room in this world for new ways of solving differences between nations, people and within ourselves.
    I encourage you to visit any of several websites, including http://www.agnt.org/snv02.htm for more information...and I encourage open discussion here.
    Today's affirmation:
    "Today, even though it is different, I honor the road that others travel."
    Blessings and peace...
    Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Give Peace a Chance

Re: Promoting Season for Non-Violence!!!

Thank you, I look forward to reading them!
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Season for Non-Violence Affirmation for Day 2, Tuesday January 31, 2006 -

Today, I know that nothing is impossible to a willing heart.

Blessings of peace and joy to all -

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

As we enter the third day of the season for non-violence, we mark the passing of one of the great leaders in her own right...with the passing of Coretta Scott King, one day before the start of "Black History Month"...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1560208

quoting from the article...

"Scott King became an activist in her own right, as well, carrying messages of international peace and economic justice to organizations around the world."
    "When King was assassinated outside a motel room in Memphis, Tenn., on April 4, 1968, Scott King channeled her grief into action... later that year took she took his place as a leader of the Poor People's March in Washington, D.C."
    "Scott King continued working for equality, peace and economic justice for the remainder of her life, both in the United States and abroad..."
    Isn't there something we can all do today to honor such a grand lady's memory? In the way we choose to live and the way we respond to things that happen to us?
    Here is the affirmation for Wednesday, February 1, 2006...Day 3 of the 64-day Season For Non-Violence...

Today, I whine less and hope more.

Blessings, light and love...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Is there anyone out there wanting me to continue these posts? The lack of views and replies has me wondering...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Believe me I had the same problem with the troops thread about lack of replies and all. I thought that thread was going to be overwhelmed with replies but nope.

But I think this is an interesting thread and I hope it keeps updated daily .

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re-starting with Day Six...Saturday, February 4, 2006...

Today, I will hold a vision of plenty for all the world's hungry and be open to guidance so that I can help alleviate that hunger. Also, today I will spend some time releasing judgements...

"64 Ways In 64 Days: Commitments To Live By"

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

This is Super Bowl Sunday...February 5, 2006...a day which in the past has been said to be the number one day of the year for domestic violence incidents...especially after the game ends.
    For those of us who plan to enjoy today's contest,we do so in a spirit of fun and good sportsmanship...humble in victory and as gracious as possible in defeat...keeping all things in perspective.
    Other thoughts for this day...Today, I will acknowledge every human being's fundamental right to justice, equity and equality...and today, I see the best in others.
    Namaste and blessings to all...

"64 Ways In 64 Days - Commitments to Live By"

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Hello...it's Monday, February 6th...Thoughts for today (Day 8)....Today, I will appreciate the earth's bounty and all those who help to make my food available (i.e. grower, trucker, grocery clerk, cook, waitress, etc...)...and...today, I am a littler kinder than necessary...

Blessings,
    Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Hello, Dear MiceChatters - Thanks for checking in on this, the ninth day of the Season for Non-Violence, Tuesday February 7, 2006.

Thoughts for today...Day 9...

Today, I will work to understand and respect another culture. And...Today I do small, unseen acts of kindness.

If you have comments about this thread, I'd appreciate a reply or PM anytime you wish...

Love and blessings.
    Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Good day to you my dear friend MiceChatters...Here it is, Day 10 of the 64 Day "Season For Non-Violence"...

"Today, I will oppose injustice, not people...and...today, I repay a kindness done to me in the past by paying "in kind" somehere else.

And in the words of a song from a few years back...

"You don't owe me a thing...I've been there too...there was someone who helped me out, just the way I'm helping you...if you really want to pay me back...here's what you do...don't let the chain of love, end with you..."
    Love and blessings,
    Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Thoughts for Thursday, February 9, 2006 - Day 11 -

"Today, I Speak Only Kind Words...and, Today I will look beyond stereotypes and prejudices."

Best of the day and blessings to all my MiceChat friends...

-Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Thoughts for Day 14 - Sunday February 12 - The day for the traditional observance of President Abraham Lincoln's birthday -
    "Today, I will silently acknowledge all of the leaders of the world...and...today, I will start a ripple of good by doing a kindness for another..."
    Peace and blessings,
    Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

We are now entering week three...on this Monday, February 13.
    A theme for this week....Humanity...

As we grow as unique persons, we learn to respect the uniqueness of others.
    - Robert H. Schuller

Thoughts for this, Day 15..."Today, I see the potential for peace in others around me...and today I will speak with kindness, respect and patience to every person that I talk with on the telephone."

Love and blessings today -

Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Day 16 - February 14, 2006 - Happy Valentine's Day -

"Today, I respect the uniqueness of another culture, and today I will value and affirm my own self worth with positive "self talk" and refuse to put myself down."

Blessings,

Barry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast