Not many of us really learn by example. Most of the time, we have to make our own mistakes before we realize what we did wrong. Luckily, there are plenty of examples out there for us to learn from, especially when it comes to the marketing industry. Letís see how the big players make an impact with marketing, and maybe that can help us improve our marketing techniques.
All about Hollywood
If Hollywood wasnít so good at marketing, we probably wouldnít live in a star-crazed kind of world. How do they do it so well? According to Forbes, there are three lessons to learn:
1. What you like doesnít matter: Really, the only person who matters is your audience. If they donít like it, you are doomed to fail. Movies have this problem all the time when the audience doesnít want what they have offered. Look at your audience and decide what they want to see before you market to them.
2. Small films need to be good to succeed: Small films will never be successful unless they are really good. The same thing applies to your business. The marketing strategies you come up with probably wonít be very successful unless you offer a really good product, whereas Walmart can sell really crappy stuff and still get buyers because it is so big.
3. Honesty sells: In Hollywood, this means telling an honest story, but in your marketing strategies, it means not trying to hide to truth. Thereís always a certain level of discretion, but donít flat out lie to your customers. They want to see the truth.
Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush is one of the most popular games out there for all devices, whether you are playing it on Facebook or on a mobile device, most people are playing it. How did they get there? Here are a few ideas from Forbes:
1. Scarcity: People donít feel the pressure to buy if they can get it anytime. Candy Crush users come back again and again because they canít always play the game as much as they want. Same with your customers. If there is a special or a deal for a limited time, they will come back, but they wonít keep coming back if nothing ever changes and they can always get your products.
2. ďFree:Ē With Candy Crush, this meant offering the game for free to get people hooked, though getting through the levels often costs you money. Not all businesses can get away with the free aspect, but it does allow people to try your product and get hooked.
3. Rewards: In Candy Crush, you get an exploding applause after beating a level. You need to find ways to reward customers for their loyalty (rewards cards, etc.) and they will keep coming back.
No matter what you decide for marketing, if you follow the example of the big companies, you will be successful.
Marketing News brought to you by paypercallmarket.com