• Infinitized!

Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition

Saw this article over at www.theindyexperience.com it talks about the original plans that Disney had for the Indiana Jones ride. Here's the link to the article:
    http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1836

It wasn't just one ride, but three rides in one.

• Closed Account

Re: Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition

Yes, and it would've "broke the bank". They call that the "break the bank" design as it would've cost too much to build.

• that's right!

Wow that sounds amazing. It's like a little land all in itself. Extremely awesome but really, really expensive. Oh well.

• Banned User

I still feel they could redesign Indy later to include these designs. If you think about it 200-250 million would not be all that unreasonable due to the fact there are 3 attractions that benefit from this and not just 1. So if you think about it, the attraction is actually 3 rides in 1 making it is totally worth the cost, not only from a number standpoint but an amazement factor standpoint.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 02-06-2006 at 05:14 PM.

• Earth Intruder

Wait, so Jim Hill is now posting news about concepts that are seen and talked about in the Disney Gallery for like, the past 10 years? There have been concept drawings about this for many many years now.

Can we say "running out of material" boys and girls?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Can we say "running out of material" boys and girls?
    Can you say, "Revisiting a concept that's being evaluated by Team Lasseter for possible future DL installation?"

And while you're at it...

Discovery Bay is looking good for the upper end of Tom Sawyer Island. Along with Woody's Roundup for the Festival Arena.

Jim ain't out of material. Not even close. And the party has just begun in Glendale!

His inside sources have their ears wiiiiiiiiiiiide open!

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• ...TWO BITS!

I think Jim Hill did a similar report on the Lost Expedition before. He's not running out of material at all. Besides, I don't recall ever seeing the layout plans he posted. So that's a good thing for me.

My thought is the next time Disney builds another Disneyland, they should put Lost Expedition in. This way that new park will DEFINATELY stand out from the others!!! And it would be really nice to see Lost Expedition come to life.

I'm still unsure about Discovery Bay. It sounds okay, but can it really be pulled off successfully in the real world...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Earth Intruder

OK if 10 year old news is a big revelation to people who follow the happenings at Disneyland, then ok, Jim's still going strong.

To folks who have visited the Disney Gallery when this stuff was on display (with captions explaining it), the report isn't "all that". My roommate pointed out to me this morning that this all seems awfully familiar. Jim even says so in his article.

It just seemed strange to report an abandoned concept that was so public for a long time is all I was getting at.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!