• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Downtown Disney's Future!

With all the recent changes that this popular entertainment,shopping and dining district has been under going recently,as detailed in a article today on Jim Hill's site titled MouseWatch: Pirates & fairy godmothers & dinosaurs, oh my!.

Which can be found here: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1877

I was just wondering what ever one else thought of these recent changes that have been happaning and are rumoured to continue to happan at Downtown Disney in the future including phasing out the Pleasure Island concept for more family resturants!

Personally Im not a fan of Pleasure Island and like the idea of them building a bridge to conect the whole place together,and I also like the idea of them bringing in more family resturants & shops like the T Rex concept,as Im a huge fan of the Rainforest Cafe and judging by the huge lines so are a lot of other people.Also I think Disney are on to a clever idea by giving The World of Disney a makeover and adding new stuff like the The "Treasure Room and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.What does everyone else think,and while we are on the subject of Downtown Disney's future is there anything you would like to see added in the future.Like for instance I don't understand why Disney hasn't built a ESPN Zone out in Orlando yet,yeah I know the boardwalk has the ESPN Club,but with two Rainforest Cafe's at the Resort why not another ESPN Resturant ?

Whats your thoughts ?

• I was deleted.

Re: Downtown Disney's Future!

WoD is busy enough! If they want to do it, they should put it in a less congested area. Altough it does remind me of "Club Libby Lu" only Disney and "boy" style as well. I have heard from WoD CMs that the guests they practiced on were cute. At the same time it's sad to see the Alice room be no more.

As for Rainforest Cafe? That place is VERY busy! I think they should just look into expanding possibly? Or not? But an ESPN zone could be good too. I missed that since it was over at the Boardwalk which so many non-resort guests never visit compared to DTD. Just a thought.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

The Boardwalk is so much better than DtD...I don't know if another ESPN club would draw away from the Boardwalk...we don't want that.

• Disney Memory Maker

Can't imagine why this thread ended up here.

Anywho, here is a non-JHM article.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Anywho, nothing like Jim Hill to report this as breaking news when Bill and I have posted about the changes coming dating back a year now ...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Anywho, nothing like Jim Hill to report this as breaking news when Bill and I have posted about the changes coming dating back a year now ...
    you two make me laugh so much. You're a hoot!