• Disney Trading Post Lover

Announcing the launch of "Disney Trading Post"

I am pleased to announce the launch of "Disney Trading Post" (DTP): http://www.disneytradingpost.com.

What Is DTP

DTP is a classified ad site that allows you to buy, sell, and trade Disney Collectables and best of all, itís FREE. There is no charge for using the classified software at all. We do not charge the seller or buyer!

The site is dedicated to Disney and all of its fans. Our goal is to create a place that allows you the member to enhance you Disney memories and passion by making it easy to find the memorabilia that you are looking for.

How Does DTP Stay In Business

You may ask, "How does DTP make money to keep the site operating". We will have two revenue streams out the gate. First we will offer Disney-Centric banner ads* (banners for Disney related products). Second will be a donation page where people can make donations (totally optional).

* The banners will consist of 3rd party ads and sellers that want to make there ad stand out and are willing to pay for the banners (mainly this will be businesses that do large amounts of classifieds on our site).

What Inspired DTP

On my last trip to Disneyland in Feb 2006 my wife and I got carried away on collecting trading pins (to the tune of about $500+). After getting home I found that between me, my wife, and my son we had several duplicate pins. Excited to trade for pins we donít have I went to the internet to find a site that would allow me to trade my pins. Needless to say I was very disappointed. There was nothing out there that was Disney specific, inexpensive, and easy to use.

Well, since I am a software developer, I decided to do something about it. I worked with my wife to create Disney Trading Post.
    I hope it will be the source of many happy memories. A place where you can go and find the Disney collectables you have always wanted.

How Can I Help

Like most Disney inspired projects DTP is an independent company that is making this happen with their own money, not investors, so it is you the site members that will determine the success of the trading post. So please take a few moments and look at the site and see what it can do for you.

Conclusion

We believe that DTP will be the greatest Disney classified ad site ever. With great services, free classified ads, and more, DTP is designed to allow you the member to increase your ability to collect the Disney memorabilia that you love.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Announcing the launch of "Disney Trading Post"

Wow, so weird. A few months back a friend and I were going to start an online store specializing in selling Disneyland Resort merchandise (similar to the Laughing Place store and MouseShoppe)... We were going to call it "Disney Trading Post" ... I even have a logo on my computer for it..

We never got the chance to start it up because of initial start-up costs, and some other stuff...

Your site sounds pretty neat though, I'll have to check it out.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

I would love to see the logo.

• Circle of Ancients

Um ... this particular section of the site is for "Other" theme parks ... NOT disney.

But sounds cool either way.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Shouldn't this be in the Community Forum? Sounds like an advertisement to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesnít make anything anymore, but thatís not exactly true. Weíre the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• insufferable know-it-all

It's moved now.

Folks, this is a perfect example of when to use the "Report Bad Post" button. When something like this is posted somewhere other than the Outpost, and it's the poster's first post... it's spam.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I apologize for posting in the wrong area.

I am not trying to SPAM, just putting out the word about what I hope will be a great addition to the Disney community as a whole.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zonehenge
    I apologize for posting in the wrong area.

I am not trying to SPAM, just putting out the word about what I hope will be a great addition to the Disney community as a whole.
    No problem Zonehenge. I'm sure you'll be returning the favor by linking directly to MiceChat on your site. Right?

Cheers,
    Dusty
    MiceChat Administrator
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Sure, do you want to be listed as a sponsor, supporter, or a resource?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

We are really a Disney resource and chat site. So I'd say list us as a resource. Also, feel free to add a link to your site in your signature line here on MiceChat. That way, people will see your link every time you post here on the site.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Will do on both.

Here is a link to the newly created Web Resources page (MiceChat is the star of the show): http://www.disneytradingpost.com/Res...3/Default.aspx
    Robert J Collins
    Founder, Disney Trading Post
    http://www.disneytradingpost.com/
    Dinsey Classified Ads
    http://www.disneyclassifiedads.com/