Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Just Me

I don't think everyone is out to bash you, just shocked that you are asking for money from strangers. I would love to go to WDW, I am 36 and have never been further west than Utah. There are a lot of things I have never done. I would also love to have been able to renew my AP this year but finances and their rising cost was too prohibitive. Part of growing up is learning that there are things worth saving for and things that may not happen. When you post a request (either an actual post or in a signature) like this you should expect to get a LOT of flack. I agree with a previous post, you will appreciate it a whole lot more by doing it entirely on your own.

I see in your profile you are a student. If you don't have time for a full time job, even a part time job will help you save. When I was in college I usually held down 2-3 jobs at a time with a full-time school schedual. I did peer tutoring on campus, it didn't require a lot of extra time, an hour or 2 (or 3) a day between classes. I also worked at the local convention center during events. I worked in a flower shop on the weekends. Heck I even did all the grocery shopping for my mom, I got to keep whatever I managed to save by clipping coupons.

I still plan on making it to WDW, Hawaii and many other places, but I am realisitic enough to know that no one is going to hand me the $$ to go. I am saving for it, $1 at a time.
    Last edited by Mousey Girl; 05-03-2005 at 04:11 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    Oh my word....I can't believe how rude all of you are.
    Let's see if the shoe fits and belongs on your foot....

One entry found for rude.

Main Entry: rude
    Pronunciation: 'rüd
    Function: adjective
    Inflected Form(s): rud·er; rud·est
    Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin rudis; probably akin to Latin rudus rubble
    1 a : being in a rough or unfinished state : CRUDE <rude line illustrations> b : NATURAL, RAW <rude cotton> c : PRIMITIVE, UNDEVELOPED <peasants use rude wooden plows -- Jack Raymond> d : SIMPLE, ELEMENTAL <landscape done in rude whites, blacks, deep browns -- Richard Harris>
    2 : lacking refinement or delicacy: a : IGNORANT, UNLEARNED b : INELEGANT, UNCOUTH c : offensive in manner or action : DISCOURTEOUS d : UNCIVILIZED, SAVAGE e : COARSE, VULGAR
    3 : marked by or suggestive of lack of training or skill : INEXPERIENCED <rude workmanship>
    4 : ROBUST, STURDY <in rude health>
    5 : occurring abruptly and disconcertingly <a rude awakening>
    - rude·ly adverb
    synonyms RUDE, ROUGH, CRUDE, RAW mean lacking in social refinement. RUDE implies ignorance of or indifference to good form; it may suggest intentional discourtesy <rude behavior>. ROUGH is likely to stress lack of polish and gentleness <rough manners>. CRUDE may apply to thought or behavior limited to the gross, the obvious, or the primitive and ignorant of civilized amenities <a crude joke>. RAW suggests being untested, inexperienced, or unfinished <turning raw youths into polished performers>.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    I still plan on making it to WDW, Hawaii and many other places, but I am realisitic enough to know that no one is going to hand me the $$ to go. I am saving for it, $1 at a time.
    Well you never know. Someone might have the heart to. You never know untill you try and that's all I did was try. I don't believe I should be yelled and reemed at by everyone.
    Remember, all it takes is a dream.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    Let's see if the shoe fits and belongs on your foot....

One entry found for rude.

Main Entry: rude
    Pronunciation: 'rüd
    Function: adjective
    Inflected Form(s): rud·er; rud·est
    Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin rudis; probably akin to Latin rudus rubble
    1 a : being in a rough or unfinished state : CRUDE <rude line illustrations> b : NATURAL, RAW <rude cotton> c : PRIMITIVE, UNDEVELOPED <peasants use rude wooden plows -- Jack Raymond> d : SIMPLE, ELEMENTAL <landscape done in rude whites, blacks, deep browns -- Richard Harris>
    2 : lacking refinement or delicacy: a : IGNORANT, UNLEARNED b : INELEGANT, UNCOUTH c : offensive in manner or action : DISCOURTEOUS d : UNCIVILIZED, SAVAGE e : COARSE, VULGAR
    3 : marked by or suggestive of lack of training or skill : INEXPERIENCED <rude workmanship>
    4 : ROBUST, STURDY <in rude health>
    5 : occurring abruptly and disconcertingly <a rude awakening>
    - rude·ly adverb
    synonyms RUDE, ROUGH, CRUDE, RAW mean lacking in social refinement. RUDE implies ignorance of or indifference to good form; it may suggest intentional discourtesy <rude behavior>. ROUGH is likely to stress lack of polish and gentleness <rough manners>. CRUDE may apply to thought or behavior limited to the gross, the obvious, or the primitive and ignorant of civilized amenities <a crude joke>. RAW suggests being untested, inexperienced, or unfinished <turning raw youths into polished performers>.
    Is this really neccesary? Have you no heart man.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Maybe if you were a make-a-wish kid, we might have more sympathy- able bodied people should not be begging!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Looking for Love

Well, sorry everyone. I didn't think such a simple post would throw everyones ears in a twist. I appologise if everyone will stop with the manslaughter. Like I said before, all it was was ONE simple post. I never begged or pleaded for money, all i did was asked ONE time.
    But whatever....Like I said before. I'm Sorry.
    I don't like fighting with all my Micechat friends. I want to have fun conversations and build friendships that will last a lifetime on these message boards.
    Please forgive me.
    Derek =]

• wasting time

I think the best thing to do is get a part time job & save about $100 per week.
    It'll take some extra time & effort but if you can do that you'll make it to WDW this summer.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Derekuda, I kind of feel sorry for you. For some reason a lot of your posts seem to come back and smack you in the face. I know the feeling... Have you thought of changing your name?
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Actually, I find this thread to be kinda funny.

Derekuda - I've got to say that you've got cahones, man!! In my opinion, posting that was just asking for it, but at the same time, heck - ya never know, huh? And, kudos to you for at least asking. But, I can see why some folks would take offense to it and call you out for it. But, hey - the worst folks could really do was turn you down.

I'm curious though - did you happen to get any donations yet? If so, I gotta start my own campaign. I'm wondering how much it'll cost to have Sally Struthers as my spokesperson.....

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Now you I would donate too shiny butt.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Former Epcot CM

I give you credit for your way-cool avatar though. I stole it for my MSN avatar
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Angel baby

Save $1 a day for 3 years = $1095. If you put it in an interest earning account you'll have more. And you'll be in WDW by the time you're 26.
    Folks
    I'd like to sing a song about the American Dream
    About me
    About you
    About the way our American hearts beat way down in the bottoms of our chests
    About that special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts
    Or maybe below the cockles
    Maybe in the sub-cockle area
    Maybe in the liver
    Maybe in the kidneys
    Maybe even in the colon
    We don't know

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarTopDancer
    Save $1 a day for 3 years = $1095. If you put it in an interest earning account you'll have more. And you'll be in WDW by the time you're 26.
    That's actually a really good idea. $30 a month... not bad.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12