• A New Kind Of Villain

Looking to rent a room in Anaheim next to DLR? Room with fellow MC'er Sadako!

I figure I'd post just in case anyone was looking or interested. I live in a 2 bedroom / 1 bathroom apartment in Anaheim, right off the Euclid exit on I-5 (About 2 miles from Disneyland) and am currently all alone since my previous roomate just left.

Originally I was planning to turn the 2nd room into an office because I work from home, but it turns out I work better in my bedroom or the living room, so the 2nd room is pretty much not being used at the moment, so I figured I'd offer if anyone was looking.

Details:

Ok, it's a very nice apartment with a balcony that has a wonderful view of the fireworks at DLR. The room I'd be renting out has the exit to the balcony and a HUGE walk-in closet. The complex also has gated parking, a pool, park and fitness center. As for me, well you can tell my personality from my posts, but I'm very easygoing, nice and have a wonderful sense of humor. I work from home during the day pretty calmly and just spend the afternoons either at the park or at home watching Anime / Disney Channel / Disney DVD's and about twice a week up in LA for vocal coaching / classes or at studios (I'm also in the process of becoming a professional voice actress).

Rent is $1,240 a month plus Trash and Electricity are about $60 a month (Water and Gas are paid for by the complex) and high speed internet is $25 a month. Everything would be halved, so you're looking at around $650/month aproximately although I am willing to negotiate depending on situation and space needs (I can afford the apartment myself, I'm just looking to soften costs a bit and fill the empty space with a friendly roomie). Don't worry about a deposit; I took care of it, so all you have to do is just start paying rent. I'm not a party person but every once in a while I'll have someone over, so no need to worry in that respect.

It's almost ideal for a CM or someone else who loves the park and works in the area. Just PM me your situation and details and we can chat a bit further.

Here are some pics of the apartment and the "common areas". Please note that the items in the room would be removed before you move in. The room is available for move in as soon as you need. It can be emptied at a moments notice. If you want any more details, just reply to the topic or PM me. ^_^

The room up for rent:

The living room:

The dining room:

The kitchen:

The bathroom:

As you can see, it's pretty empty, so there's plenty of room to fill it with love.
    Last edited by Sadako; 07-24-2006 at 08:40 AM.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Was it magical for you?

Re: Looking to rent a room in Anaheim next to DLR? Room with fellow MC'er Sadako!

hey sounds intresting,I'm not sure how to do this on here but is there a way I can email you or talk to you outside of miceage.I'm very intrested in being your roomie.My biggest concern is I do have cats, very sweet indoor only ,well behaved, very healthy( I'm a vet tech).A very,very good friend of mine has a degree in sound engineering and could help you with the voice over stuff.I'll be in the area august 17-20.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: Looking to rent a room in Anaheim next to DLR? Room with fellow MC'er Sadako!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Cruise Gal
    hey sounds intresting,I'm not sure how to do this on here but is there a way I can email you or talk to you outside of miceage.I'm very intrested in being your roomie.My biggest concern is I do have cats, very sweet indoor only ,well behaved, very healthy( I'm a vet tech).A very,very good friend of mine has a degree in sound engineering and could help you with the voice over stuff.I'll be in the area august 17-20.
    Sure, you can shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] or you can also catch me on AIM as KarenKasumiTNR or Yahoo at supernumber18

As for the cat(s), the complex does allow them, but you might have to actually put down a cat deposit (There's a deposit needed for cats thats apart from the regular deposit. This occurs at every complex that allows pets. But it's not a very big deposit. I may be able to talk them out of it though because one of my previous roomies had a cat and that deposit may or may not still be good). I myself am mostly ok with cats as long as they're very well behaved and don't claw at things (The previous roomies cat used to tear at the bathroom carpet trying to get in.). We'd still have to talk a bit more about it, but I don't think it's such a big issue. You would have a huge walk-in closet at your disposal. Believe me when I say it's HUGE. I lived in that room when my previous roomies were here and almost ended up converting it into a recording studio.

I also saw you don't have a car. I do have a second car I'm not using because I've been trying to sell off, but maybe we could actually work something out to help us both out (I used to live in San Jose myself and I know public transit is great in the bay area, but believe me when I say you need a car to live in So Cal even though DLR is less than 2 miles away - Seriously, I only get on the freeway to go there because it's direct and I exit right after entering. I usually leave home in the afternoons for the park around 5:30 pm and I'm on rides before 6:00 pm).

Just give me an e-mail, PM, IM and we can talk a bit more. I'm really friendly as the people who have been at the meets can attest to, so I think it'll work out great. ^_^

BTW, tons of CM's actually live in this complex. It's cheap for the area and actually really beautiful considering a lot of Anaheim is kind of slummy. I always see a veritable cornicopia of DLR costumes whenever I walk outside in the morning.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    As for me, well you can tell my personality from my posts, but I'm very easygoing, nice and have a wonderful sense of humor.
    As a personal reference I can tell you that what Sadako says here is entirely true! She is very kind, considerate and not quick to anger or differences. I would think that she would be an ideal room mate if you can handle the Disney geek girl in her.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• We're number one!

Wow, the stuff in the room for rent is pretty sweet, I wouldn't mind if you left it in there! LOL. Sadly I live on the other side of the country. Is that Manga I see in the bookshelf?

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyBear
    Wow, the stuff in the room for rent is pretty sweet, I wouldn't mind if you left it in there! LOL. Sadly I live on the other side of the country. Is that Manga I see in the bookshelf?
    Well, the room was originally my office, thus all the tech equipment, but that's mostly been moved to the living room.

And yep, I have tons of manga and anime. Anime and Disney are my two main obsessions, plus I think you can tell I'm very much into Asian horror and asian films in general. Anime is what got me into voice acting in the first place ^_^
    Julie Rei

• insufferable know-it-all

JCGal: welcome! Sadako is a very sweet person, I'm sure you'll love her.

BTW: My brother lives in vacaville! LOL.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Was it magical for you?

really your brother lives in vacaville?what area? Sadako sounds very nice!I will be talking to you very soon sadako ,I'm 98 % sure i'm moving to anheim area I will be making a trip down there august 17-20 to check places out and apply at disneyland.I look forward to meeting fellow miceagers

• Still wants to be a cat!

I also will give Sadako a thumbs up, very easy to get along with, if you can check out the place and hopefully it will work out for you two. She can basically shoot right into the Park, I know, I work at Euclid & the 5.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Cruise Gal
    really your brother lives in vacaville?what area? Sadako sounds very nice!I will be talking to you very soon sadako ,I'm 98 % sure i'm moving to anheim area I will be making a trip down there august 17-20 to check places out and apply at disneyland.I look forward to meeting fellow miceagers
    I don't know the Vacaville areas well enough to tell you "where", but it's in a neighborhood full of cops (because it's near the prison... he can occasionally hear the prison rock band playing from his back yard). He has his law office downtown where the farmer's market is held.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...