• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

A Shameless Plug... Please Help If You Can

As some of you may already be aware, I work for a non-profit organization that helps people with disabilities, Family Network on Disabilities of Florida, Inc. FND has been serving Florida families for over twenty years. I truly believe in this organization and the programs and services it offers to families of children and adults with disabilities.

My post to you today is to flat-out ask for money. FND has a number of projects that are primarily government funded. Due to continual cut-backs in social service programs, we are very interested in obtaining private funding to enhance and possibly replace our government support. As it stands, with more persons with disabilities being born and diagnosed in Florida ever year, we’re losing ground even before taking into account inflation. With the reductions in government funding over the last few years, we’re falling even further behind. Your support for FND is vital to help us continue to help families.

Our Development Office has initiated a Holiday Staff Challenge where in-kind donations will be used as prizes for the employees that raise the most money over the next month. The Staff Challenge calls for every FND employee to ask their family and friends for a donation. This is a 1st Annual event, so, hopefully, I will help to set the bar high for future years to reach and exceed.

Please help me bring financial support to FND by clicking this link, or copying and pasting the URL in your web browser: http://fndfl.org/supportfnd.htm. The link takes you to the Support FND web page where you can link to our Pay Pal account. The first Pay Pal link is for a standard $35 donation – yes, that’s about ten cents a day – and the second link allows you to enter any other dollar amount for your donation. Please PM me if you make your donation via PayPal along with the amount so I can mark it on my progress sheet. We also accept checks and cash. You can mail those to the office address listed below, or to me directly (please PM me for my address). Please remember to note my name if you use mail so it can count toward my participation in the Staff Challenge. So that you can see how much your donation will mean to us, our Federal grants provide us with less than one cent a day per student in special education – and we’re required to reach them all!

Everyone has something to contribute and all contributions are valued! Be it $5 or $500, every little bit adds up to a lot! The Staff Challenge is only for a one month window, so please make your contribution today.

Thank you for your anticipated support. And, yes! You can count on me asking again next year.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: A Shameless Plug... Please Help If You Can

I just wanted to say thanks to BDBopper for his donation.

Anyone else? We'll take anything you can afford... even if it's just a dollar or two!