• Magic Making

New WDW Theme Park

Last edited by SummerInFL; 02-15-2008 at 07:39 AM. Reason: fixed link

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: New WDW Theme Park

When I clicked your link it wouldn't load, so I updated it to the main page. However, when you click on the article it does the same thing?

Am I the only one with this issue? LOL

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    When I clicked your link it wouldn't load, so I updated it to the main page. However, when you click on the article it does the same thing?

Am I the only one with this issue? LOL
    lol I think you are Summer. It worked fine for me.

That article is quite interesting, especially since we had a recent thread about Disney building a niche park. It's sounds really cool but I can't say I'm really excited about it.

• Magic Making

I like the idea, but not the price

• MiceChat Partner Site

I have mixed emotions on this. One area of me thinks, "Great. A new theme park with all-new experiences," but then the other part says, "Can people financially afford to experience this?" Where is this park going to be located ... an expansion of Animal Kingdom perhaps? Personally, I don't think I'd be able to afford to experience this, so from my perspective, I'd rather them use the money towards building new attractions ... something I could experience. Why is Disney building another Animal Kingdom? It sounds exactly like it ... seperated into different continents and such. So after all of my rambling, I don't think it is a good idea.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

• Seasick

My first instinct is that I don't like the idea of going to WDW and having a Disney experience be denied me, whether it be because of the price or the limited capacity.

Sure, it's not like I can afford to do every single thing in life that I want to, but I can see this upsetting people.

I think I'd be okay with this as long as it's a unique experience, as in different than a typical Disney theme park. I would expect to pay extra for things like a zip line (just as we now pay extra to see Cirque or do other certain activities on WDW property). I would not be happy if the park had standard attractions. Can you imagine if the Haunted Mansion for example was only accessible via a $250 theme park?

I'm not too worried. I'm good about booking ahead of time. And, I'd pay the $250. It's not that much relative to a WDW vacation anyway.

• Disneyland Grandee

What a waste to spend so much for a very select few who could actually go.

The average Joe will not shell out that kind of $$ . . . a family of 4 = $1200 for one day!!!
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by DizDee View Post
    What a waste to spend so much for a very select few who could actually go.

The average Joe will not shell out that kind of $$ . . . a family of 4 = $1200 for one day!!!
    Discovery Cove is extremely succesful. Disney would be very foolish not to pursue a similar project.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Banned User

discovery cove is successful because you get admission to sea world as well. It also is most popular with the brits and other europeans, not much with americans or other foreign visitors. I guess you already have victoria and alberts for someone who wants an intimate meal with limited number of people. I just wouldn't hold my breath on disney building another experience just yet. they have their hands full working with and staffing what they have.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I personally am an outdoors adventure type. This idea sounds fantastic to me! I welcome the boutique park.

I personally think that Orlando needs to remain competative to cities like Las Vegas that are cashing in on the clientel that Orlando does not currently cater to.

I think it is very important for Disney to start offering people of wealth and people who want something more than just lap bar rides something.

I personally LOVE the current formula for the theme park, but as you can see other smaller theme parks creeping up on Disney and Universal with technology, and themeing Disney needs to change them game.

I have been to Discover Cove and everyone who knows me, knows that once I start talking about it, I really don't stop talking.

It is an amazing experience, and I would welcome an experience that was on the same level but done by Disney.

I do think 4000 is a bit high. I personally would not want 2 people waiting on me.

I think if the park had a staff of 400 that is quite a lot to service 2000 people.

1 CM for every 5 guests! That would be fantastic by itself! I know when I was a CM I relished the times when I could spend quite times with guests.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• World Traveler

I think it's an okay idea. I personally don't think that I'd visit more than once, if at all. People go to WDW to visit the Magic Kingdom and the other major parks and do the water parks and other stuff if they have time.

This reminds me of the "Backstage Magic" tour, for which we paid a premium price to do. I did the tour once, but I wouldn't do it again very often.