CBR renovation details ...

Since Jim Hill let the cat out of the bag, and since he got it right (he does every once in a while), I'll just confirm that the room renovations that are slated to begin at CBR in August consist of the following;

All of the rooms in every 'island' except for Trinidad South will be completely refurburbished with all new furniture, bedding and fixtures with a Piartes of the Caribbean theme.

Trinidad South will not be touched until sometime in mid-late 2009 when it will undergo conversion into family suites, the first at a Disney moderate resort. They will have a (not overexposed here, right) Nemo theme.

There also (which Jim didn't report) will be a new quiet pool area in the South island, which will include a new jacuzzi and some Nemo touches.

So pretty soon, CBR will be the mod to stay at while at WDW.

And don't forget about those new upscale rooms that will be coming to Disney's Boardwalk Inn starting this fall!

Still no word on when the All Star Movies dump will get its rooms done for the first time, but there are some strong rumors that that resort may become an all-suite value in 2011.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: CBR renovation details ...

Glad Jim Hill got this one right because, if it is done tastefully (which means not over the top) then this could be a great mod to stay at.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Another trip down I-4

I'm glad CBR is getting some love - laying in one of those hammocks by the beach is one of my favorite memories of WDW.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

This is going to make me sound like such a newbie, but: We were planing on staying here in January. We haven't made our reservations yet, but will this affect a great enough part of the resort, that we'll want to stay somewhere else?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    This is going to make me sound like such a newbie, but: We were planing on staying here in January. We haven't made our reservations yet, but will this affect a great enough part of the resort, that we'll want to stay somewhere else?
    Without specifics, I would guess they would refurbish one or two "islands" at a time, which would not greatly impact your trip, since the islands (clusters of buildings) are pretty spread out.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• making magic is fun!

I cant wait to the BWI. The work they are doing at CB would make me want to stay there again.
    Kelly

• We'll hold them at bay

i always loved the CBR
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Defying gravity

I think Caribbean Beach is a beautiful resort, but adding characters to mix?! How is this an upgrade? Characters belong at the value resorts. I'm all for moderate suites and better furniture, but I would like to see it stay with a plain old Caribbean theme, no Pirates or Nemo.

Here is the original quote from Jim Hill:

Doing things like redecorating the rooms at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (With 900 units recieving a "Pirates of the Caribbean" -themed makeover and 300 rooms being redone in a "Finding Nemo" motif. Which will then give Disney an on-property response to that uber-popular Nickelodeon Family Suites by Holiday Inn hotel over on 536). With an eye toward the future, when the credit crunch & the fuel crisis are finally over. And people will once again be thinking of a Disney World vacation as something they can actually afford.