View Poll Results: What parts of the MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Meet will you plan to attend??

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5:00 (approx) Pre Scare Dinner Buffet

30 78.95%
  • Knott's Scary Farm Halloween Haunt Meet

35 92.11%
  • First Showing of THE HANGING

31 81.58%
  • MAZE TOUR following the Hanging meet

29 76.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Re: THE 2nd ANNUAL KNOTT'S SCARY FARM MC MEET - SEPT 27th

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    Girls girls girls. It's not THAT bad, my goodness. We have some in the group that don't go in the mazes and those are actually the scariest part.

You can chose to have as scary a night as you want really. But for those of us who like a good scare we are hitting it all
    Like a lamb being led to slaughter, that's how I feel. Why, oh why, would I go to something like this? When we have a horror movie on the TV, I only pretend to be watching and usually spend 90 minutes averting my eyes and pretending to be reading. I don't know if Rick ever notices this, but he's too nice to mention it if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    After talking to Dusty about last year's event, I think I am up for this. This is what I love about MiceChat - always inspiring me to do things I wouldn't otherwise dream of doing.

I have to warn you though - I have a really LOUD scream!
    Really loud. He frightens people on Maliboomer when he's riding Screamin'.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Rick, the thought of going with you almost makes me want to join in.

Almost. [this close]

I'd be crying before I even hit the front gates, though. I don't think I want to pay for the privilege of being traumatized. My husband sneaks up on me all the time at home, for free, on accident. I startle very easily.

Good luck and have fun. But mostly, good luck!
    The "Bulb" may already have taken control of my mind, because I so want you to be there, and I feel exactly like you do. It's going to have some terrible moments, even if we choose not to go in the mazes and sit on a bench with our backs to a wall . . . they are going to scare us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    OK, Clown Haters UNITE!

Let's all put on our big girl panties (over our ultra Depends, of course) and go to this event! We will huddle in a tight group through the clown maze (safety in numbers, yanno), surrounded by those who are inexplicably NOT afraid of clowns. Fishy volunteers to go in front of us.

We shall face our coulrophobia together!!!!!

I, Wanda Woman, hereby declare I shall make every effort to join our MC group at this year's Halloween Haunt. Who's with me?? C'mon, MaryAnn in Wndrlnd! Pratt, you too. Dan - Tasmic!, MickeyMaxx, I see you hiding. Come on out. All of you, let's go! We can do this!
    See, I think you are a secret brave person. One of the Fishbulb's carefully placed minions who's job it is, is to convince us that everything is going to be just fine. I mean you are a super hero in your real life, right?

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    THIS JUST IN!

if elly can pick up 2 double time shifts at work, she and Dustin will be coming to this meet!

and then everyone will have a nice big man to hide behind

More Fishy trickery. Nicest people in the world, working as a team to dupe us into following them anywhere. There are probably cocktails involved at some point to lower our defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Lu, Timmy wants to go too, what kind of men have we gotten ourselves involved with? I am all with staying with the cowards.

Fishy are your pants are on fire? You big fibber..
    Yes, his pants are on fire, but that's another story.

Lisa, if you will be there, there is a glimmer of hope that I'll make it through the evening. No ghost, ghoul, or Klown is going to skrew with you!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    I don't do the mazes. I am majorally claustrophobic and the added adrenaline of monsters jumping out at me triggers panic attacks. But I do love haunt. I might to have to go have a couple of beers and try to go into the Quarantine Maze since I love zombies!!
    And yet, you may go into a maze. Double agent, for sure!

Keep your guard up . . . don't let these people trick you into going into a maze. They have no regard for your emotions, and will resort to any means to make you do a maze. "The bathroom? Right over there under that skull. Watch your step, the lighting's a bit dim in there."
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 07-13-2008 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Lisa quote.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• Circle of Ancients

You can all do what Belle does when she see's the monsters. Laugh's ... loudly.

But then of course they try to REALLY scare her, and they stalk her.

Or it may be because she's hot.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
    Like a lamb being led to slaughter
    Bwahahahaha Very fitting choice of words!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    I might to have to go have a couple of beers and try to go into the Quarantine Maze since I love zombies!!
    That's why the beer garden was my friend the last time I went. I get startled very easily. After a couple beers I was able to relax and go through mazes.

Obviously that can't be my plan of attack this year if I can make it at all.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    That's why the beer garden was my friend the last time I went. I get startled very easily. After a couple beers I was able to relax and go through mazes.

Obviously that can't be my plan of attack this year if I can make it at all.
    Man, that would be a bummer if you can't go. Jack was with us last year and I miss hanging out with the both of you.
    PirateMunkee

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    THIS JUST IN!

if elly can pick up 2 double time shifts at work, she and Dustin will be coming to this meet!

and then everyone will have a nice big man to hide behind

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I would be one of the happiest people in the world if two of my favorite Haunt-a-tears were to be there. Plus, you would be able to protect MickeyMaxx as you have special powers over the monsters. That would make the night easier for him.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

I'm getting kinda wishie-washie about the zombie maze. I've seen the original version of Quarantine...I just saw the preview of Quarantine today on the big screen. It is one of the previews for Hellboy. I started shaking all over again. And then I started thinking, what if there reallly was a zombie outbreak while we were at haunt?! And here we're thinking what wonderful effects when in fact it really is a zombie or a zombie klown....just thinking.

• Merrily on my way to

I had a blast last year! It was the best time I've ever had at Haunt and I cannot wait for September 27th! I am a scaredy cat at heart but trust me, MickeyMaxx, the mazes are much less scary when you're with a big group. There is safety in numbers.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Read View Post
    I had a blast last year! It was the best time I've ever had at Haunt and I cannot wait for September 27th! I am a scaredy cat at heart but trust me, MickeyMaxx, the mazes are much less scary when you're with a big group. There is safety in numbers.
    I think I have a plan MickeyMaxx, we will put two strong brave souls in front of us, I nominate Sirclinks and Dustin, then we will put another brave soul on either side of us, maybe Rick A Mortis and MCow1. Finally protecting our rears will be our respective partners.

P.S. I do not watch scary/horror movies and they are not allowed to even be watched if I am home. The first and last slasher movie I saw was Halloween in 1978 on Halloween.

• "I Break Things"

As badly as I want to go, I realize it is pretty much an all night event and that would require a family member to babysit the kids. Also Tinkmomma is terrified of clowns, heights, and rollercoasters so that eliminates a lot of things for us! We went years ago when we were dating, so I have those memories to cling to. But alas I doubt I, or both of us, will be joining in the festivities... Have fun everyone!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    As badly as I want to go, I realize it is pretty much an all night event and that would require a family member to babysit the kids. Also Tinkmomma is terrified of clowns, heights, and rollercoasters so that eliminates a lot of things for us! We went years ago when we were dating, so I have those memories to cling to. But alas I doubt I, or both of us, will be joining in the festivities... Have fun everyone!
    Roller Coasters??!!! You don't hit the rides during Haunt. You can do those any time!!! It's all about the Atmosphere, the monsters, the shows and the mazes!!!
    PirateMunkee

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Aw, I can't believe I'm going to miss this again this year!! I already have a weekend planned in S.F. on September 27-28. And I would have loved to spend the evening with MickyMaxx avoiding all the mazes!

--Jonathan

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

We are SO there!!!!! I LOVE Haunt and we havent been for many years. I get scared SO easily, it is funny. And I do laugh at the monsters. I have to or I will cry.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Body parts, fog, screams, chainsaws, screams, zombies, vampires, clowns, screams, ax murders, monsters, spiders, killer dolls, screams...awww Haunt.

I have no problem being first to lead us through the mazes, I'm all about Scooby Doo-ing it.

As for the rides, the only 2 rides we'll hit for sure are The Log Ride and Calico Mine Train. But beware they will be spooky and lots of fun.

Costumes are not allowed since Haunt wants to be able to identify their victims errr guests.

I will gladly get into my ghost host and body guard mode for the Haunt newbies in the group.
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

• Do You know?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    Oh I'll be the first one in, but I will be the last one out huddling behind Disney1978 with nails firmly entrenched into her shoulders.
    What still makes me laugh is that I am almost as afraid of clomns as you and I was the one protecting you. You do know who you can trust! I don't know about that Princess626

I will so be there. I such a great time and we had a great tour guide. I cannot wait for the punch.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast