0 0%
  • Save me a spot but I don't have a team yet

9 40.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Gumball Rally - WDW Edition - Oct 18th

UPDATE: If you are looking for results from our Gumball Rally, there are HERE: WDW Gumball Rally Results - Awesome!!!

Note:
    Rally and Invasion Merchandise has been added to our store - MiceChat Rally Store

Gumball Rally
    Event Information:

Announcing our very first Disney World Gumball Rally - October 18th 2008! The Gumball Rally Crew has joined forces with quest master Kevin Yee, author of 101 Things You Never Knew About Walt Disney World, to deliver our best event yet. While we can't give away all the surprises, we can tell you that we'll give you a list of attractions to complete in the 4 parks. The team that earns the most points within the time allowed wins.

The Rally was designed to be fun for everyone, whether or not you've visited WDW before or not.

If you enjoy the Disney parks and like to ride the attractions, you'll LOVE this event!
    The first person on your team is $19.71 and each additional member is just $10.

F
    our parks - one day - do you have what it takes to come out a winner?

• The event will last approximately 10 hours (exact times and start/finish locations will be communicated to registered participants prior to the event)
    • Teams may consist of 2, 3, or 4 members
    • The price will be $19.71 per person (which covers your packet, awards, buttons, and surprises for the Rally itself but does NOT include your park admission - you'll need a park hopper ticket.

The Gumball Rally is an all day event that promises to discover who the quickest and most clever theme park visitor really is. Teams will receive points for each assigned attraction that they are able to complete, but there are additional elements to this event that will keep you on your toes with your thinking cap screwed on tight.

This is a simple event that almost anyone can participate in. If you are able to keep your team together for 10 hours and at least one member is able to ride any ride, then you can compete!

Payments are made through PayPal. If you are unable or unwilling to use paypal, please contact DustySage via PM for additional assistance. Admission to the parks is NOT included and you will need to park hop during the event, so please make sure you have valid tickets prior to game day. We have priced the events as low as possible - all money raised will be spent on award party, lanyards, and prizes. We expect to lose a significant amount of money on this event. We offer this event as a service to Disney fans everywhere and hope that you enjoy yourselves. If you would like to provide additional support or possibly sponsor the event or provide prizes, please contact [email protected]

MiceChat Orlando Invasion - Dates and Hotels Flexible!

Attending the Gumball Rally? Why not travel with the MiceChatters. Many of us who are attending the Rally will also be staying at the resort for a week long vacation. The travel dates are flexible so you can stay as many or few days as you would like. We are also offering two levels of hotels - a budget (the All Star Resort) and a moderate (the Coronado Springs). Many of the chatters are planning to arrive on or before Wednesday October 15 and depart on or after October 22nd. There will be lots of little meets and events planned throughout the trip. Dates are flexible one way or the other, just be sure to be in Orlando for the weekend of the 18th and 19th for the Gumball Rally, Sip and Nibble, and Illuminations Dessert Party! Rates HERE, Request travel assistance HERE

If you are looking for information regarding tickets to WDW and the MiceChat Invasion 2008, please CLICK HERE

Gumball Rally Event Rules We will have lots of spotters working the event to make sure that everyone is playing fair and that no one is disrupting the enjoyment of the parks for the regular guests at the Resort. If you disrupt the normal functioning of the park by leaving attractions early, being overly loud in attractions, creating an unsafe environment for others, or disrupting cast members or guests, you will be disqualified from the event. You may NOT have anyone other than your own team members help you with the event. If we find that you are calling others for answers, sharing answers, or in any other way attempting to gain an unfair advantage, you will be disqualified. While these events are designed for everyone to have a great time, it is important that we not have our good time at the expense of others.

Please be respectful of Disney staff and guests at all times!

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:

Q - Do I have to be a member of MiceChat to play?

A
    - No. Anyone can play as long as they purchase a ticket. In fact, we encourage you to invite your friends, family, or members of other Disney communities to participate.

Q - I don't have a team and would like to play on one, what do I do?

A
    - Just post in this thread that you are looking for a team. Since teams can consist of up to 4 members, we are sure to be able to help you find a spot. MiceChatters are friendly folks.

Q - How will the Rally be affected by rides that are closed or which close during the day.

A
    - That is part of the fun of the event. Everyone will be in the same boat (so to speak). Which parks and attractions you choose to ride at any given time of the day, may impact how you finish.

Q - If you don't complete every attraction in the Rally, can you still finish?

A
    - Sure. You can finish whenever you'd like. Points will be awarded for each attraction completed correctly. The team with the most points wins. It may not be possible to complete all the attractions, so just do as many as you can.

Q - What if there is a tie?
    A - In the event of a tie, the team that turns their score sheet in first will win. If two tied teams turn their sheets in at the same time, the two teams will be asked a series of trivia questions to determine the winner.

Q - What if we finish late?

A
    - That is part of the game. If you finish late you will be deducted 1 point for every minute late you are. Teams finishing 30 minutes or more late will be disqualified. WDW is a big place. Plan on finishing early.

Q - Can I bring my kids along?
    A - If they are 10 or under you can bring them along - but they may slow you down. If they are 11 or older, please purchase them a ticket to the event and count them as a member of your team. Q - What time do the events start and when can I pick up my packet?
    A
    - Packet pick up will be announced at least 2 weeks prior to the event (this is to ensure park operating schedules)

Q - Why are you asking for contact details?

A
    - We will need to contact the leader of each team prior to the event to let them know where the registration table will be located and what time to show up. Further, we may have additional information that we need to make all participants aware of prior to game day.

Q - What if it rains?
    A
    - The event will be held rain or shine. You should be prepared for heat, cold, rain, shine, and fun. Tickets are non-refundable

Q - What if I can't compete but have already purchased a ticket?

A
    - Event tickets are non-refundable. However, you may sell your ticket to someone else, if you let us know their contact details.

Q - Can we use Fastpass on the Gumball Rally?

A
    - Yes, Fastpass is allowed. It is a regular part of the park operation and a major factor in the guest experience. However, teams must stay together and everyone in the party must have a Fastpass ticket (even if they don't ride!). If one person on the team has a bogus ticket and is not permitted to ride, we will deduct the ride from the team and/or issue penalty points.

Q - Can I use special assistance passes, child swap passes, single rider pass, or dream fastpass?

A
    - No. Please do not use any special assistance or passes that are not readily available to all teams. If you win dream fast passes or have special AAA or other passes, you may NOT use them.

Q - I use a wheel chair and/or have a special assistance pass, can I compete?

A
    - You can certainly participate, however, due to the fact that special assistance passes are an unfair competitive advantage to the other players, you may only compete if you wait in the regular queue. You may sit out on attractions which you can not ride or which it is impossible for you to navigate the regular queue. However, at least one member of your team MUST be able to ride the attraction and wait in the regular queue.

The small, but important print: For your safety and the safety of others, please follow all rules of the park you are in and obey the instructions of cast members at all times. No running, aggressive behavior, pushing, or in any way disrupting the enjoyment of regular park guests will be allowed. Those found cheating or breaking the rules of the event or of the park will have points deducted or will be asked to leave the events. Tickets are non-refundable. Those under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (21 years or older). All event participants must purchase an event ticket. Event tickets do not include park admission. Participation is at your own risk. 10 hours at WDW can be a very long time in potentially hot and humid conditions. You MUST take care of yourself. Try to keep cool, drink lots of water, and make sure that the members of your team are safe and healthy at all times. It isn't any fun to get heat stroke or worse! Again, YOU PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Last edited by Dustysage; 10-24-2008 at 10:54 AM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Gumball Rally - WDW Edition - Oct 18th

I'm look for team

If not I also be spotting.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

NNL and I are a team, and we might have one more teammate, if plans work out. (Fingers crossed!) So, while we're in, I'm not responding to the poll for a little bit.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Oh I wanna do this so bad, but I'm in California and most likely can't ditch school to have fun in Florida. Have fun everyone who goes!

• Seasick

I understand that the use of personal vehicles is allowed? Any concern about this making the event lopsided? Not every team will necesscarily have a car at their disposal. Wouldn't utilizing the "beloved" WDW transportation system be a challenging element of the game anyway?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Any concern about this making the event lopsided? Not every team will necesscarily have a car at their disposal.
    While all the transportation rules and details are shroud behind a veil of secrecy, we can say that even with personal transportation, the time advantage is minimal to none. A quick test on our last trip proved that as as parking distance increases (especially at the TTC) the time difference becomes smaller. As well, this is a game of time management, so it's possible for our winning team to not step foot in all 4 parks.
    -Monorail Man

I would absolutely like to participate in this event. It just so happens that I'll be at Walt Disney World by myself on Oct. 18, so this event is perfect for me. I hope there's some way that I can connect with someone else who's looking for someone for a team.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gppnj View Post
    I would absolutely like to participate in this event. It just so happens that I'll be at Walt Disney World by myself on Oct. 18, so this event is perfect for me. I hope there's some way that I can connect with someone else who's looking for someone for a team.
    Once the website to register for the rally goes up, I am sure there will a thread formed that will help single people find teammates, as has been done in the past.

It's going to be an awesome event!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

We're working on a team of four, but definitely count us in as at least a team of two!

Oh, and do we have to participate as teams of four? If we don't have four will we be paired with another team of two?

We absolutely cannot wait and look forward to more information!!!

Shannon (and Dan)

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShanneeLuee View Post
    We're working on a team of four, but definitely count us in as at least a team of two!

Oh, and do we have to participate as teams of four? If we don't have four will we be paired with another team of two?

Shannon (and Dan)
    Nope, you can be a team of two, three OR four. You just have to have at least two but no more than 4 on a team.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShanneeLuee View Post

Shannon (and Dan)
    Howdy ShanneeLuee,

We are looking forward to seeing you at the rally. Please don't forget to vote in the poll at the top of the thread so we can keep track of who is attending.

Thank you so much! We'll see you in Orlando.
    Find us on Facebook:

• formerly PretzelSouls!

This sounds like lots of fun, but, I can't afford to fly or drive to Florida right now. I'll get there someday!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Blog Entries

I voted, my friend and I are in! Can't wait!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Ok folks. Time to sell your children and plan your trip out to Florida for the Walt Disney World Gumball Rally. This is an event you won't want to miss!
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

There were several requests for Gumball Rally shirts and pins, so we've added them to the store.

Rally and Invasion Merchandise now in our store - MiceChat Rally Store

Find us on Facebook:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast