23 71.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

MiceChat Disney World Invasion - Mid October '08

WDW Gumball Rally AND MiceChat Orlando Invasion October '08

Note: Rally and Invasion Merchandise has been added to our store - MiceChat Rally Store

Have you always wanted to visit Walt Disney World with the MiceChatters? Now's your chance. We've planned our third annual Orlando invasion for this Fall, including lots of fun events during our stay this October.

MiceChat Gumball Rally - October 18

4 parks 1 day! The WDW Gumball Rally is fun and challenging contest which will take you around the world in ways you never expected. The folks who brought you the world famous MiceChat Disneyland Gumball Rally have teamed up with quest master Kevin Yee, author of 101 Things You Never Knew About Walt Disney World, to deliver our best event yet. While we can't give away all the surprises, we can tell you that we'll give you a list of attractions to complete in the 4 parks, the team that earns the most points within the time allowed wins. The Rally was designed to be fun for everyone, whether or not you've ever visited WDW before. Teams may consist of 2, 3, or 4 members each. If you are traveling alone and would like to find a team, please let us know, the MiceChatters are sure to come through for you. Find out more about the Gumball Rally HERE
    Sip and Nibble through the Food and Wine Festival - October 19

Famous MiceChatters, Rixter and Mickeymaxx, are planning their 2nd annual "Sip and Nibble Around The World" - a fun and filling event where we slowly eat and drink our way around Epcot's World Showcase during the Food and Wine Festival. It is the perfect relaxing counterpoint to the previous day's Gumball Rally. More information about the Sip and Nibble HERE
    Illuminations Dessert Party - October 19

Join us for a special viewing of Illuminations on the evening of the Sip and Nibble. We'll have an exclusive location in World Showcase reserved for this event where we can socialize and gorge ourselves on fancy treats while waiting for Epcot's wonderful Illuminations to begin. If you book your trip through Magical Travel, this event is included. But anyone can purchase a ticket by contacting Magical Travel and letting them know that you'd like to join the MiceChat Illuminations Dessert Party. If you are booking your own travel and would like to buy a Dessert Party ticket, please CLICK HERE (remember, you only need to buy a ticket if you DIDN'T book through Magical Travel).
    MiceChat Orlando Invasion - Dates and Hotels Flexible!

The travel dates are flexible so you can stay as many or few days as you would like. We are also offering two levels of hotels - a budget (the All Star Resort) and a moderate (the Coronado Springs). Many of the chatters are planning to arrive on or before Wednesday October 15 and depart on or after October 22nd. There will be lots of little meets and events planned throughout the trip. Dates are flexible one way or the other, just be sure to be in Orlando for the weekend of the 18th and 19th for the Gumball Rally, Sip and Nibble, and Illuminations Dessert Party! Rates HERE, Request travel assistance HERE
    Important links for the MiceChat Orlando Invasion 2008 and WDW Gumball Rally:

• For more information about the Gumball Rally, please CLICK HERE
    • For information about the Sip and Nibble at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival, please CLICK HERE
    • For hotel and ticket pricing from Magical Travel, please CLICK HERE
    • To request a quote or get additional information from Magical Travel, please fill out a request form HERE

__________________________________________________ ______________

UPDATED 10-13-08 - The Animal Kingdom Plans have changed slightly to accommodate lunch for 30 at Tusker House)

Here's a reminder about the events for our trip:

First, it is not too late to join us on the trip if you haven't already made plans. Magical Travel is standing by to help you: 2008 Walt Disney World Gumball Rally

Also, please don't forget to sign up for our Gumball Rally. Kevin Yee and the MiceChat Crew have put together a fun and unique event that anyone can compete in and everyone will love - but we need your help to get all the teams registered as soon as possible. If cost is an issue, please contact Dusty right away - we have options for you. The sign up page is available HERE

Our SIP and NIBBLE on the 19 is followed by an exclusive MiceChat Dessert Party viewing of Illuminations (in the lagoon overlook area of China) - however, you'll need to have a ticket to attend the dessert party, please purchase your ticket HERE

And we have several smaller meets planned. Due to the fact that everyone is on different schedules and has different things that they'd like to see and do during the week, the meets listed below are intended to be short but social in nature - a chance for you to connect with other MiceChatters and make additional plans. Now is the right time to start reaching out to your fellow MiceChatters to coordinate your schedules and make meal plans.

Official Meet Schedule:

Oct 17th - Animal Kingdom - Meet at 12:30 at the little
    courtyard across from the Tusker House and next to the bathrooms followed by lunch at Tusker House and then an exploration of some of the animal trails. It will be a wild adventure. We'll pick up some fast passes along the way.

18th - Gumball Rally Day - 9:30 am -
    We'll check in and prepare the teams at the
    Electric Umbrella Restaurant at Epcot (we'll try to meet inside in the round room that overlooks the fountain - but if the inside is locked we'll use the covered patio outside). Your finish destination will be given to you on game day. The event will finish between 8 and 9pm (we don't want to give away too much right now)

19th (Day) - Epcot - Sip and Nibble Day - 10:30 am -
    Electric Umbrella Restaurant at Epcot (we'll try to meet inside in the round room that overlooks the fountain - but if the inside is locked we'll be on the covered patio outside).

19th (Night) - Epcot - Dessert Party and Illuminations Viewing - 8:15 pm
    - China Overlook of the World Showcase Lagoon (The actual event is 8:30 to 9:30 but we'll hand out the wrist bands at 8:15 and chat until they let us into the area)

20th - Magic Kingdom Day - Extra Magic MiceChat Madness - 7:45 PM
    meet at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station (just off of Main Street) - we'll watch Spectromagic parade, which starts at 8pm, from the Noodle Station - then we'll head off to enjoy the park at night! If you aren't staying at a WDW resort, please speak with Dusty.

21st - Hollywood Studios - 11 am - Drop in and SCREAM like a MiceChatter. meet at
    Sunset Ranch Market. At 11:15, we'll head to Tower of Terror for fastpasses and then have lunch at the ABC Commissary. After lunch, we'll play it by ear until it is time for us to drop into the 5th dimension.

And that's our official schedule. But please feel free to make your own plans, attend the meets and events that work for you, or even host meets of your own on days or times that are not covered above.

We are VERY excited to see you all!
    If you have any trouble during the trip and/or need help with the schedule or finding other MiceChatters, please add the MiceChat hotline number to your phone directory: (please check your PMs or contact Dusty for this number)
    I'll do my best to answer the phone during the trip. If you'd like me to have your number as well, please PM it to me and I'll be happy to call you if plans change or someone is trying to get in touch with you.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-13-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: MiceChat Disney World Invasion - Mid October '08

Unfortunately, due to work and a wedding the following week , NNL and I can only come for the Gumball Rally weekend. But we intend to spend as much time with MCers as possible!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

We are really looking forward to the Invasion and Gumball Rally this October in Orlando.

If you've never done a Rally, they are a blast! Anyone can do this. You don't need to know any trivia, you don't need to be a track star, you just need to show up and have a good time!

As for the trip itself, it is always fun when you get a bunch of MiceChatters together.

Since we have really just planned the events for that Saturday and Sunday, we encourage you to set up and invite people to smaller meets, lunches, dinners, etc. throughout the trip - it is much easier to visit the parks in smaller groups. I'll plan a couple of big MiceChat noon meets during the trip, where people can get together and socialize and perhaps head off together for a bit. But we'd like to keep the days very casual, so everyone feels comfortable doing the things they want to do during the trip!

This is really going to be a lot of fun.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

• Yes?

If my husband and I make it for the Sip and Nibble we would love to stay for the Illuminations dessert as well! Believe it or not my hubby has never seen Illuminations out of the many times we have been to Epcot. How quickly do the tickets sell out for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    If my husband and I make it for the Sip and Nibble we would love to stay for the Illuminations dessert as well! Believe it or not my hubby has never seen Illuminations out of the many times we have been to Epcot. How quickly do the tickets sell out for this?
    Fantastic, we would love to have you join us! It really isn't a question of tickets selling out as much as it is letting Disney know far enough in advance that they are ready for us. So, as soon as you know you are able to attend, just contact Magical Travel.

Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Just booked the hotel through Magical Travel. Paid and ready to go!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • Seasick

I was thinking of going to DL in early October for Gay Days, but this all sounds awfully tempting. As long as I can change my vacation schedule, I might go for it.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Hip,

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Just booked the hotel through Magical Travel. Paid and ready to go!
    Hip,

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I was thinking of going to DL in early October for Gay Days, but this all sounds awfully tempting. As long as I can change my vacation schedule, I might go for it.
    Hooray!!!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Blog Entries

So are a majority of the people staying at Coronado Springs? We really like POFQ but wonder if it would be better to try somewhere else.

We were really thinking Beach Club but that was before my cat got sick this week and the bill quickly hit the 1000 dollar mark but I digress . . . . .

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    So are a majority of the people staying at Coronado Springs? We really like POFQ but wonder if it would be better to try somewhere else.
    If you are going to stay at a moderate, I would definitely recommend staying at the same hotel as the MiceChatters. As a veteran of Invasion 1 & 2, I think that the camaraderie that you experience when you are staying together as a group really enhances the experience. MickeyMaxx and I are staying ten nights at WDW and some of those nights may be off property, but the nights around the Gumball Rally and the other weekend events will definitely be at Coronado Springs. We wouldn't miss it for the world.
    Rick

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice Rixter. I just did some research and that does seem like a great resort! Excited to try it out!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    Thanks for the advice Rixter. I just did some research and that does seem like a great resort! Excited to try it out!
    There are some great photos of the Coronado Springs Resort that were just posted in the WDW section of MiceChat. You can view them here.

Edited to add:

I just found a lot of great information on Coronado Springs Resort on mousesteps.com.

And this website is a treasure trove of information.

Just looking at all these beautiful photos is making me really excited for this trip!
    Last edited by Rixter; 08-02-2008 at 10:27 AM.
    Rick

• Happy Memories

You definietly won't be disappointed with Coronado Springs. I've stayed there on 3 seperate trips and I really love it.

Blog Entries

Ok, just got the quote and from our perspective it is a go. The only bummer is my boss wants me to finish my vacation to England next week before she even considers approving any more time off!

My friend and I will be in for everything if my boss says yes which means we will know the week of August 18th. Hope that is not too late!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Cannot wait!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain