• Cake Anyone?

Napa Rose - Chef's Table

I have been wanting to eat at the chef's table at Napa Rose for like forever. The ex never really understood this so we never went. Is there anyone here in MC that would want to join me as I would like to do this with someone else who enjoys food, each of us paying our own way of course.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Napa Rose - Chef's Table

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
    I have been wanting to eat at the chef's table at Napa Rose for like forever. The ex never really understood this so we never went. Is there anyone here in MC that would want to join me as I would like to do this with someone else who enjoys food, each of us paying our own way of course.
    I think you could twist my arm.

Fishy and I love good food and wine.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Super Hero

Oooooh, I've always wanted to eat the NR Chef's Table. However, since I'd have to get kid coverage for a couple of days, the planets would have to align perfectly for me to make it.

Every once in a while, that happens though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I've done it before...and I'd love to do it again! You'd be the perfect dinner date...LOL! PM me and we can go from there.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Disneyland or bust!

How much does this run, price-wise? I've done chef's table at other restaurants (non-Disney), this sounds very interesting!
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

Menu Date: April 2008
    Starters

"Kona Kampachi" Carpaccio & Ahi Tartare - Avocado Mousseline and Ruby Red Grapefruit Vinaigrette. $17

Sauteed Hand-Harvested Diver Scallops - with a Sauce of Lemon, Lobster, and Tahitian Vanilla. $17
    Cavatelli Pasta - tossed with Sauteed Lobster & Snow Crab, Tender Leeks and Chervil in a Lobster Sherry-Cream Sauce. $19
    Grilled Quail - stuffed with Hearth Roasted Portobello Mushroom Creamy Stone Ground Polenta and Sunset Chili-Toasted Almond Mole. $15
    Wine Country Mushroom Risotto - Sonoma Mushrooms, Imported Parmigiano-Reggiano and Truffle Butter. $17
    Our Signature Grilled Rabbit Bratwurst - Braised Beluga Lentils, Caramelized Fennel and Sauteed Beet Tops. $15
    Shaved Prosciutto Pizzetta - with Red Flame Grapes, Caramelized Onions and Cambozola. $13
    Wood Fired Pizetta of the Season - $14

Starters to Share
    (Please allow 15 min preparation time for these starters as they are made to order!)
    Seven Sparkling Sins - An Array of Tantalizations Featuring Spicy Beef Cucumber Roll, Curried Crab Taco, Ahi "Tatiki" Hand Roll, Tarragon Lobster Relish, Potato Pancake with Citrus Cured Salmon, "BBQ" Fried Oyster, and Grape Leaves Stuffed with Pheasant and Preserved Lemon. For two. $45
    The Sizzling Beach Rock - A Combination Appetizer of Garlic Seared Shrimp, Soy Glazed Spare Ribs and Lemon Grass Chicken Skewers cooked on a Hot Beach Stone. For two. $36

Salads & Soups
    Simple Field Greens - with Marinated Cucumbers and Champagne Vinaigrette. $12
    Wine Country "Caesar" - Grilled Hearts of Romaine with Toasted Garlic-Golden Balsamic Dressing. $16
    California Endive and Forelli Pear Salad - Dried Cranberries, Candied Walnuts with Cider Vinaigrette and Blue Cheese. $15
    Portobello Mushroom Bisque "Cappuccino" - with Brandied Thyme "Froth". $14
    Chef's Seasonal Market Soup. $15

Main Courses
    Fish & Shellfish
    Grilled Salmon and Wild Mushrooms - Sauteed Salsify, Baby Spinach with Porcini Mushroom Foam. $36
    Roasted Shells of the Sea - Sweet Shrimp, Pink Scallops, Little Neck Clams & Mediterranean Mussels in a Light Crab Broth with Meyer Lemon, Garlic & Coriander. $42
    Cashew Crusted "Tai Snapper" - with Tempura Fried Shrimp over Fried Himalayan Red Rice with Pineapple and Tangierine-Coconut Vinaigrette. $34

Meats & Game
    Angus Filet Mignon "au Poirve" - topped with Melted Brie, Roasted Walnuts, Sun-Dried Cherries and Cabernet Sauvignon-Cherry Essence. $39
    Bacon Wrapped "Maple Leaf Farms" Duck Breast - Wild Coastal Mushrooms and Dried Apricot Pecan Conserve. $35
    Rustic Wine Country Grilled Sonoma Rabbit - Spanish Sausage, Cipollini Onions, Cherry Peppers and Green Olives. $34
    Grilled Colorado Lamb "Double Chop" - Sweet Potato Raviolis, Black Tuscan Kale, Braised Lamb Shoulder and Petit Syrah Jus. $40
    Angus Beef Short Rib - Slowly Braised in Pomegranate-Zinfandel Jus, Crushed Olive Oil Poached Potatoes, Roasted Garlic and Grilled Endive. $35

"The Vintner's Table"
    A Chef's Tasting Menu inspired by the Fresh Bright Flavors of Springtime in Wine Country
    Grilled Kona Kampachi - with a Lobster, Blue Crab, ****ake & Cucumber Salad and Cara Cara Orange & Yuzu Vinaigrette.
    Nora, Albarino, Rias Baixas DO, Galicia, Spain 2005

Colorado Mountain Lamb Loin - Poached in Extra Virgin Olive Oil over Orecchiette Pasta, Pancetta, Roasted Cauliflower and Stinging Nettle Pesto.
    Domain de la Charbonniere, Cuvee Mouree de Perdrix, Chateauneuf du Pape 2003

Pan Roasted Alaskan Halibut - Smoked Morels, Wild Oregan Ramps, Japanese Jolly Tomatoes, Marble Potates and "Santa Monica's Farmer's Market" English Pea Coulis.
    LaSorda, Chianti Classico DOCG, Tuscany 2005

California Citrus Almond Cake Tart - with Fresh Strawberries and Mascarpone Cream Anglaise.
    Abbazia, Brachetto DOC, Piemonte 2005

Four Course Vintner's Prix Fixe $85. Add Flight of Four Wines $45

Napa Sides
    Farm Fresh Vegetables - with Blue Cheese Stuffed Onion, Broccoli and Heirloom Carrots. $9
    Brussels Sprouts - Sauteed with Toasted Garlic, Olive Oil, Parmesan & Red Chili Flakes. $9
    Scalloped Yukon Potatoes - with Gruyere Cheese, Leeks & Applewood Smoked Ham. $9

Napa Rose Desserts
    Our Signature Scharffen Berger Chocolate Velvet Pate - with Candied Hazelnut Anglaise and Bailey's "Pot de Creme". $12
    Golden Pineapple "Upside Down" Cake - with Macadamia Nut Caramel Ice Cream and Passion Fruit Coulis. $11
    Tahitian Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee - with a Raspberry Conserve. $12
    Warm California Strawberry-Coconut Crisp - with Brown Sugar Sour Cream Chantilly. $11
    "Light & Refreshing" Fresh Mango-Lemon Parfait - with Chilled Lemongrass "Soup" and Minted Lemon Sorbet. $10
    Valrhona Chocolate Truffle Cake - with Milk Chocolate-Orange Ganache and Cinnamon Ice Cream. $12
    Freshly Homemade Ice Cream or Sorbet - $9
    A Study of Cheese - Chef's Diligently Selected Artisan Cheeses with House Made Chutneys. $16

- Wolfette

This menu is only a sample..it changes seasonaly, and whenever the Chef decides to!

The Vinters Table is highly recommended....loved it when I had it!

- Wolfette

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I'm drooling. Fresh lemon-mango parfait. Everybody loves a parfait!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!