• Nor Cal AP'er

Bay Area Mice Chatters,anyone going to this? June 26-28th

Im gonna check this out this weekend! let me know and we can meet up and represent Mice Chat!

Train Tour

ALL ABOARD FOR “DISNEY’S
    A CHRISTMAS CAROL” TRAIN TOUR
    FROM SNEAK PEEKS OF EXCLUSIVE 3D FILM FOOTAGE
    TO SUMMERTIME SNOW – DISNEY PULLS OUT ALL THE WHISTLE STOPS
    FOR 40-CITY TRAVELING EXPERIENCE
    Departing Los Angeles May 22; Tour to Cover More Than 16,000 Miles
    Burbank, Calif. (May 8, 2009) -- Disney is pulling out all the whistle stops and taking its show on the
    road with a spectacular immersive and interactive 40-city train tour including a 3D sneak peek of film
    footage from the upcoming movie “Disney’s A Christmas Carol,” it was announced today (05/08/09) by
    Dick Cook, chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. Set amidst a snowy backdrop—complete with all of the
    sights and sounds of Christmas including carolers, decorations, giveaways and many more surprises in
    each of the 40 cities—the Train Tour is being launched with HP on board as the title and technology
    sponsor and driven by Amtrak. This family event is for guests of all ages and is free to the public.
    Starring Jim Carrey and directed by Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Robert Zemeckis, “Disney’s A
    Christmas Carol” opens in theatres November 6 in Disney Digital 3D™ and in IMAX 3D®.
    Commenting on the announcement, Cook said, “‘Disney’s A Christmas Carol’ Train Tour is an incredibly
    fun way to introduce families across the country to the wonders and spectacle that is Robert Zemeckis’
    unique and spectacular new holiday film. We are so proud of the movie, and think the 3D footage is so
    incredible, we just had to give everyone a chance to see it in Disney Digital 3D. From Los Angeles to
    New York, and all points in between, guests are going to have a fabulous time discovering things about
    the making of this extraordinary film, participating in their own festive fantasies, and getting into the
    holiday spirit all year round. ‘Disney’s A Christmas Carol’ is great entertainment for moviegoers of all
    ages, and this is the perfect introduction to a fun and exciting new holiday classic.”
    Among the highlights of the tour are authentic artifacts on loan from the Charles Dickens Museum of
    London; artwork, costumes and props from the film; demonstrations of performance capture technology;
    and a chance to morph your face into one of the film’s characters using HP TouchSmart PCs. At each
    stop along the way, a state-of-the-art Disney Digital 3D Theatre will be erected, where guests can get a
    sneak peek of “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” and see other exclusive behind-the-scenes materials from
    the movie. The latest details about tour stops and scheduled events are available at
    Please wait..
    Featuring four custom-designed vintage rail cars full of behind-the-scenes attractions, entertaining
    demonstrations, and fun activities, the tour will have its inaugural stop at Los Angeles’ Union Station over
    Memorial Day Weekend, from May 22nd through May 25th. During the next 24 weeks, the train will make
    40 stops in 36 states, as it travels its way across more than 16,000 miles of track. The tour will finish at
    New York’s Grand Central Terminal over the weekend of October 30th through November 1st.
    At every tour stop, Radio Disney will invite kids to enter for a chance to become a Movie Surfer
    representing their hometown. Each Hometown Movie Surfer will get a chance to appear on Disney
    Channel by filming their very own Movie Surfer’s segment! They’ll also receive a prize package of
    exclusive Movie Surfer and "Disney’s A Christmas Carol” gear.
    ABC television stations across the country will run local promotions. At each stop, guests will have the
    chance to win an HP TouchSmart PC and an HP Photosmart wireless printer. Additionally, Disney is
    working with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America organization to provide an early Christmas experience to
    kids across the country. Disney will present the organization with a donation in the amount of $100,000
    at the May 21st launch in Los Angeles to further the organization’s efforts of helping kids grow up to be
    great and will invite Boys & Girls Club kids to be part of the tour when it comes to their town. Boys &
    Girls Clubs throughout the nation are impacting the lives of 4.8 million young people each year with afterschool
    programs that emphasize education, career exploration, community service, technology skills,
    financial literacy, the arts and more to help them reach their full potential as productive, caring citizens.
    A variety of innovative HP technologies helped to make the Train Tour possible. HP ProLiant servers and
    HP ProCurve switches will provide Disney with the computing power that will allow guests to collect and
    upload photos. Throughout the train exhibits, Disney is using HP TouchSmart PCs to run an interactive
    face morph application and HP monitors to showcase performance capture technology as well as images
    and digital effects from the film. Additionally, each train car will be wrapped with Disney’s Train Tour logo
    using the versatility of HP Scitex printers.
    “For decades HP and Disney have joined together to captivate audiences through technology innovation
    and digital entertainment,” said Michael Mendenhall, senior vice president and chief marketing officer,
    HP. “HP technology used in the making of ‘Disney’s A Christmas Carol’ has enabled Disney to push the
    boundaries in performance capture technology. The Train Tour offers an innovative way for guests to
    interact with HP’s latest technology and experience the magic behind the film.”
    Amtrak locomotives and engineers will lead the four-car Train Tour (plus a private car), across the US, with
    stops ranging from 1-3 days along the way. Each train station will be themed with holiday decorations, and
    feature artwork from the film, Christmas Carolers, fun activities for the entire family, and snow!
    “Rail travel continues to influence the way people connect with each other and celebrating the release of
    a true classic is a perfect way to further that connection,” said Emmett Fremaux, Vice President
    Marketing and Product Management, Amtrak. “We couldn’t be more thrilled to be teaming up with Walt
    Disney Studios for this 40 city tour to help educate Americans about the benefit of rail travel.”
    Dolby Laboratories will be supplying its Dolby® 3D Digital Cinema solution for the traveling Digital 3D
    theater, and Barco is providing the DP2000 digital projectors. Guests will receive an email with links to
    download their face morph images for free exclusively from Walmart.com Photo. Panasonic provides
    some of the latest high resolution large screen technology available to consumers today throughout the
    train cars. And, the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is
    encouraging guests traveling to and from the train to Buckle Up, Every Trip, Every Time!
    ABOUT THE MOVIE
    “Disney’s A Christmas Carol,” a multi-sensory thrill ride re-envisioned by Academy Award®-winning
    filmmaker Robert Zemeckis, captures the fantastical essence of the classic Dickens tale in a
    groundbreaking, performance-capture 3D motion picture event. Ebeneezer Scrooge (Jim Carrey) begins
    the holiday with his usual miserly contempt, barking at his faithful clerk (Gary Oldman) and his cheery
    nephew (Colin Firth). But when the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come take him on an
    eye-opening journey, revealing truths Old Scrooge is reluctant to face, he must open his heart to undo
    years of ill will before it’s too late. Through the magic of performance-capture technology, Jim Carrey
    tackles seven roles, including Scrooge and all of the Christmas spirits.
    “DISNEY’S A CHRISTMAS CAROL” TRAIN TOUR
    SCHEDULE
    Stop
    # Market Date Site Address City State Zip
    1 Los Angeles May 22-25
    Los Angeles Union
    Station
    800 N. Alameda
    St. Los Angeles CA 90012
    Grand
    Canyon May 29-31 Williams Depot
    233 North Grand
    Canyon Blvd Williams AZ 86046
    3 Santa Fe June 2 Santa Fe Depot
    410 S Guadalupe
    St Santa Fe NM 87501
    4 Albuquerque June 5-7
    Albuquerque
    Amtrak Station
    214 First Street
    Southwest Albuquerque NM 87102
    5 Denver June 12-14
    Denver Union
    Station 1701 Wynkoop St Denver CO 80202
    Salt Lake
    City June 16
    Ogden Union
    Station 2501 Wall Avenue Ogden UT 84401
    7 Sacramento June 19-21
    California State
    Rail Road Museum 111 I Street Sacramento CA 95814
    8 Oakland June 26-28
    Oakland Middle
    Harbor Shoreline
    Park
    2777 Middle
    Harbor Road Oakland CA 94607
    9 Portland July 1
    Portland Union
    Station
    800 Northwest 6th
    Avenue Portland OR 97209
    10 Seattle July 3-5 King Street Station
    303 South
    Jackson Street Seattle WA 98104
    11 Spokane July 7
    Spokane Amtrak
    Station
    221 W. 1st
    Avenue Spokane WA 99201
    12 Whitefish July 10-11
    Whitefish Amtrak
    Station 500 Depot St Whitefish MT 59937
    13 Fargo July 15
    North Dakota State
    University
    1523 12th Avenue
    North Fargo ND 58102
    14 St. Paul July 17-19
    Amtrak Midway
    Station 730 Transfer Road St. Paul MN 55114
    15 Chicago July 24-26
    Chicago Union
    Station
    225 South Canal
    Street Chicago IL 60606
    16 St. Louis July 31- August 2
    St. Louis Union
    Station
    1820 Market
    Street Saint Louis MO 63103
    17 Memphis August 4
    Memphis Central
    Station
    545 South Main
    Street Memphis TN 38103
    New
    Orleans August 7-9
    Riverview in
    Audubon Park
    6500 Magazine
    Street New Orleans LA 70118
    19 Houston August 11
    Houston Amtrak
    Station
    902 Washington
    Avenue Houston TX 77002
    20 San Antonio August 14-16
    San Antonio
    Amtrak Station
    350 Hoefgen
    Street San Antonio TX 78205
    21 Dallas August 18-19
    Dallas Union
    Station
    401 South
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• Popular Princess

Re: Bay Area Mice Chatters,anyone going to this? June 26-28th

I was thinking of going on Saturday, but I don't know yet. I'll decide by Friday, though.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I went to this exhibit when it was at Union Station in Los Angeles. I waited like 2 hours! But it was actually worth it, it's pretty cool. You won't believe how great the 3D looks when you see the preview scenes of the actual movie. I can't wait to see it!

If you're thinking about going, I'd recommend it!
    --Jonathan

• Nor Cal AP'er

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I went to this exhibit when it was at Union Station in Los Angeles. I waited like 2 hours! But it was actually worth it, it's pretty cool. You won't believe how great the 3D looks when you see the preview scenes of the actual movie. I can't wait to see it!

If you're thinking about going, I'd recommend it!
    Thank you for the info, I'm gonna go and check it out and take allot of pics!

• Popular Princess

I'll be there, too!

• Nor Cal AP'er

Quote Originally Posted by wickeddisneygurl View Post
    I'll be there, too!
    did you end up going? i was there on sunday , i took some pics as well.

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment 626 View Post
    did you end up going? i was there on sunday , i took some pics as well.
    I went on Saturday and took a few pics. It was pretty good!

• Nor Cal AP'er

Quote Originally Posted by wickeddisneygurl View Post
    I went on Saturday and took a few pics. It was pretty good!
    The movie is gonna be awesome, we gotta have a mice chat movie day when it comes out! :-) I had fun and it was cool that it was for free it was worth the drive out to Oakland!

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment 626 View Post
    The movie is gonna be awesome, we gotta have a mice chat movie day when it comes out! :-) I had fun and it was cool that it was for free it was worth the drive out to Oakland!
    We definitely need to have a Nor Cal MC meet when the movie comes out!