View Poll Results: Will You Attend The MiceChat 5th Anniversary Mega Meet January 29-31, 2010?

Voters
457. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - I wouldn't miss it for the world (Disneyland)

328 71.77%
  • YES - But I would prefer Disney World (WDW)

3 0.66%
  • Perhaps - But only if you do it in Disney World (WDW)

6 1.31%
  • Perhaps - I'm not sure if the date works for me

120 26.26%
Page 1 of 44 12341126 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Exclamation MiceChat 5 Year Anniversary Celebration January 29th - 31st, 2010 - Join Us!

SAVE THE DATE: January 29, 30, and 31, 2010
    For MiceChat's 5th Anniversary Celebration at Disneyland!

UPDATED (2-01-2010): Thank you to all for making this our best event ever! We had a wonderful time and can't wait to see you all again very soon!

MiceChat anniversaries have always been a time of celebration but we are looking forward to our 5th being the most fun yet! Come join us as we celebrate 5 years of friendship, community, and fun at our favorite place on earth! Whether you've been with us from the beginning or just found us today, we hope you'll join the fun of a MiceChat anniversary meet.

Lodging: If you are looking for a place to stay, give the Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort a call, they are offering a very special 25% off MiceChat discount for the weekend: Call 800-422-4228 Between the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday and ask for the MiceChat 25% off anniversary discount.

Vote in the poll above and we'll send you a printable version of the events schedule and notify you if any of the plans need to be changed.
    (if you aren't a member of the site, register for free at the top of the page and then come back and vote in this poll. EVERYONE is invited to our big event!)
    EVENT SCHEDULE

Saturday - January 30th - DCA
    (Park hours 10am to 8pm)
    11:30 am - Flash Mob - The MiceChat anniversary weekend will begin with a Mob. Follow MiceChat on Facebook (Dusty Sage | Facebook) or Twitter (Disney (MiceChat) on Twitter) for the location of the meet. At exactly 11:30am, Dusty will Twitter and Facebook the location of the 11:30 meet. The first person to find Dusty will win a fantastic prize - Be one of the first 250 people to see us on anniversary weekend and you'll get a free 5 year anniversary button!

Noon - Lunch at Pacific Wharf - We'll make our way over to the Pacific Wharf for lunch. Snag as many tables as you can at the side of Cucina Cucamonga (on the side facing the bridge toward Paradise Pier).

1:30 - Eye Spy - (Lower Patio at the Winery - the side closest to Paradise Pier) - Join us for a fun and free 60 minute mini-event. We'll give you a mini-quest and set you loose in DCA to find the answers. Fantastic prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. You can compete by yourself or in teams of up to 4 (one prize will be given per winning team). This event will be fun for all ages. Quest packets must be returned by 2:30pm.

2:30 - Blue Sky Cellar - Take a gander at the future of DCA. It may be a maze of walls today, but soon it will be a land of many new wonders.

2:55 PM - Eye Spy Results - Meet us at the exit of the Blue Sky Cellar to find out who the top 3 Eye Spy teams are.

3:30 PM - Aladdin Musical - Aladdin will soon be flying away to be replaced by a new Toy Story musical. Join us as we make one last big goodbye to Aladdin, Jasmine, and Jafar. (we are getting in line at 3:30 to save our spots for the 4:15 show)

5 PM - Pixar and Puppets Tour - Meet at the Mickey fountain in front of Monsters, Inc. As soon as everyone is assembled (about 5:05) we'll ride Monsters, Inc. and then head off for even more adventure with Kermit and the Muppets and then Flick and the Bug's Life crew.

NOTE: No dinner meet is planned

7:30 PM - Hearthstone Meet (Sponsored by Discount Tickets and Tours)- After a day at DCA you'll be tired and ready to crash. Join us on the back patio of the Hearthstone Lounge as we relax and socialize. Just for kicks, we'll host a small trivia contest and give away some fantastic prizes. This is the last official meet of the day. Some of you may wish to depart the Hearthstone by 8:45 to head to Disneyland for the 9:25 PM fireworks.

(Not an official meet) 9:25 PM fireworks - A favorite MiceChat spot to watch this fantastic spectacle in the sky is dead center on Main Street between Coke Corner and the Photo Shop. While this isn't one of our official meets, many MiceChatters will make their way to Disneyland to end their evening in style.
    We hope you had a wonderful day and that you'll be back to share Sunday with us at Disneyland!

Sunday January 31st - Disneyland
    (Park hours 9am - 11pm)
    9:15 AM - Breakfast at the River Belle - Join us for Mickey pancakes. We'll search for tables on the patio of the River Belle (Nearest Tarzan's Treehouse). Grab your food and then come find us!

10:15 AM - Disneyland Railroad - We'll board the train at the New Orleans Square Station for a grand circle tour. This is a MiceChat tradition. Get up early (tired or not) and make your way to this fabulous event. After our trip around the Magic Kingdom, we'll ride the Jungle Cruise, and visit a most magical castle as well - if we have time before the noon meet.

Noon - Hub Meet (Sponsored by Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort)- This is the main event. For years, we've been meeting at the "Partners" statue in the central hub of Disneyland (Just to Walt's right hand). Join us for 30 minutes of socializing and meeting your fellow chatters. Random names who voted in the Meets and Events 5 Year Anniversary poll will be awarded fantastic prizes.

12:30 PM - Group Castle Picture - At 12:30, we'll gather in front of the castle for a series of photos. First, we'll take a picture of everyone who joined MiceChat in 2005. Then we'll add those folks who joined in 2006, then 2007, etc. until we have everyone in the photo. Take a look at the "Join Date" under your user name on MiceChat to know which group you fit into.

No Lunch Meet is planned - However, please feel free to grab lunch from wherever you'd like and then bring it back to the tables located at Carnation Gardens (the area next to the stage located behind Rancho Zocalo and next to the Castle.

3 PM - Tiki Room Momma - Celebrity superstar "Momma," will show us the Tiki Room as we've never seen it before. Visit Jose, Fritz, Pierre and Michael at Walt Disney's iconic tropical serenade . . . the Tiki Room! Not to be missed! We'll enter the Tiki Lanai at 3PM and will watch the entire pre-show before entering the theater.

Review this video if you'd like to be part of the action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95pRMmG-2V0

(Don't worry, we won't make you do the choreography if you don't want to. You'll still have fun laughing along with those who do.)

4:15 - Spooky & Spectacular - Meet us in Magnolia Park (the round park between the New Orleans Train Station and Haunted Mansion). We'll head off together as a group by 4:20 to wake the dead at the Haunted Mansion. From there, we'll sack the Spanish as we ride Pirates of the Caribbean. Finally, we'll journey to Main Street USA to say hello to Abe Lincoln and goodbye to dear friends. This will be the last stop on MiceChat's 5 Year Anniversary itinerary. At the conclusion of Lincoln, we'll assemble one last time in Town Square (just in front of the Train station) to say farewell and award some fantastic prizes to those who survive long enough to still be with us.
    Each year, our family grows ever larger. But it also grows better. With each new voice, an entire lifetime of experiences is added to the MiceChat world. Over the last 5 years, we have shared a million laughs together, we have grown older but wiser, and we have continued to welcome new friends to our magical world. It has been a remarkable ride these past 5 years at MiceChat. But one thing is for certain . . . the next 5 are going to be even more spectacular. . . thanks to you!

Happy MiceChatting everyone - We hope to see you again real soon!

__________________________________________________ ______
    Need Assistance With The Schedule?
    The MiceChat Hotline Will Be Activated On The Days Of This Event:
    949-274-8778

__________________________________________________ ______

Printable Version of the MiceChat Anniversary Schedule:

• Please help us get the word out about our special weekend of meets and events - Email your friends, Facebook, Twitter, Stumble, Digg, etc. and let the world know how excited you are!

Tweet: RT @MiceChat 5 Year Anniversary Disneyland meets and events schedule has been posted - Join Me! http://su.pr/1oocHz
    Thank you and congratulations on an amazing 5 years together. I think we've earned a celebration, don't you?

-The MiceChat Crew

Last edited by Dustysage; 01-15-2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Updated 1-15-10
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

re: MiceChat 5 Year Anniversary Celebration January 29th - 31st, 2010 - Join Us!

I'm so there...I have meet so many AWESOME people here..This is the Best Disney Fan site there is..and I'm so glad to be part of this happy community of disney fanatics.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

re: MiceChat 5 Year Anniversary Celebration January 29th - 31st, 2010 - Join Us!

NNL and I are already booked and have been waiting for this announcement for a while.

It'll be good to be home, and when I say home, I don't mean Disneyland, I mean back with our MiceChat friends. It's been way too long!
    Is it January yet?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• no flash photography...

I'll be there for at least one of the days...hopefully more.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: MiceChat 5 Year Anniversary Celebration January 29th - 30th, 2010 - Join Us!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I'll be there for at least one of the days...hopefully more.
    Same thing here.

It seems this meet is always around the time of my mom's birthday. So I guess I'll just have to be a good Disney fan and play it by ear!

• is too darn hot.

Let me think about it...

YES!
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Jumping with joy! And excitement! Last year was such a great time, I can only imagine just how fantastic the events for this year are going to be!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Brrr...its cold out there

I should be there for sure ! I can't wait to see everyone again !!

• Banned User

I had a hunch it would be those days, so my parents booked the room in advance... thankfully the hunch was right. I can't WAIT!

• or CBF

Wow! I can't believe it's anniversary time already!

I hope I can make it to at least one of the days this year.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'm not certain as of now if circumstances will permit me to attend. Hope so, since I have made the first 4 (something of an accomplishment, at least to me).
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Will be there with the kids on Friday and most of Saturday. Sunday will depend on Belle as she comes home from Hawaii at 9:30pm Saturday night.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Yay!!

I soooo have to go!!!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Not sure if I'll be able to go this year - I hope so though. The past two I've been to have been a blast! Such wonderful people. =)
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Banned User

I wanna go,I wanna go,I wanna go...lol... happy 5th anniversary and heres to 5 more....CHEERS!!

Page 1 of 44 12341126 ... LastLast