Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

All-Star Fanfest Meet-UP Possibilities?

The closest I will get to attending All-Star anything in Anaheim, will be to spend a day at the ALL Star Fanfest at the Convention Center.

My birthday's next Sunday. My wife's been after me to tell her what I'd like. Well, I think I'd like me to buy a ticket to Fanfest, and either give me a gas card or - better yet - an Amtrak ticket, likely to and from Oxnard, probably same day since I assume every room in Orange County will be spoken for.

I can go alone, of course, but if possible I'd much rather meet up with some of my MC friends. If I'm driving I can probably at least head over to DTD for the evening (money is tight and my AP would be blocked out for the parks).

Do I stand a chance of meeting up with someone here? I promise I'll be on my best behavior
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: All-Star Fanfest Meet-UP Possibilities?

Bumping up just in case somebody might like to spend even part of a day with me. A few MC'ers have gone to things away from DL with me, and they didn't think it was so bad. Hard to believe that no one from MC is planning on attending this big event.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• no flash photography...

I thought about going, but it's really far and all the promos show the angels....ummm, yeah...I would like to see Yankee stuff.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I will be there Monday the 12th, and driving all the way from San Francisco to be there!

When it was here a few years back, it was THAT good and worth seeing.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Well I'm not into sports (except for football) otherwise you know I wouldn't mind if I could make the journey.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I thought about going, but it's really far and all the promos show the angels....ummm, yeah...I would like to see Yankee stuff.
    Obviously they are going to show Angels stuff, cuz the Angels are the host team ! Geeze...

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    I will be there Monday the 12th, and driving all the way from San Francisco to be there!

When it was here a few years back, it was THAT good and worth seeing.
    Well then, that's a vote on going Monday the 12th for me. Any votes for that or other days?

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

it is a showcase of ALL of base ball! At the fanfest in San Francisco, they had games, Retired payers from Mays to Henderson to Reggie Jackson- FREE autographs, TONS of freebies, Cards, Key Chains, Shirts etc... All Star programs with varios covers EXCLUSIVE full sets of Topps Baseball products made just for the AS game, A Hall of fame Exhibit that included game used Jerseys throughout the ages from early 1900's till now including Ruth, Mantle DiMaggio, Ted Williams, to more current stars. The World Series Trophy, and other awards from MVP to the Cy Young, Batting cages, Pitching cages where the pros occasionally drop in and give you pointers! Live broadcasts of several radio shows from ESPN radio to many of the locals....

LOTS of memorabilia for sale as well!

Just walking around I passed by several current and retired players just checking it all out too!

It is BASEBALL Heaven! At least that was my San Francisco Experience in '07.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I've attended a non-MC event with Barry, and I can vouch for him. He's a super nice guy and a lot of fun. Bonus: He tells great stories.

I hate sports, so I'm not going to be attending this one. I'd read the TR if someone does one, though!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    it is a showcase of ALL of base ball! At the fanfest in San Francisco, they had games, Retired payers from Mays to Henderson to Reggie Jackson- FREE autographs, TONS of freebies, Cards, Key Chains, Shirts etc... All Star programs with varios covers EXCLUSIVE full sets of Topps Baseball products made just for the AS game, A Hall of fame Exhibit that included game used Jerseys throughout the ages from early 1900's till now including Ruth, Mantle DiMaggio, Ted Williams, to more current stars. The World Series Trophy, and other awards from MVP to the Cy Young, Batting cages, Pitching cages where the pros occasionally drop in and give you pointers! Live broadcasts of several radio shows from ESPN radio to many of the locals....

LOTS of memorabilia for sale as well!

Just walking around I passed by several current and retired players just checking it all out too!

It is BASEBALL Heaven! At least that was my San Francisco Experience in '07.
    Would you be interested in meeting up with me that day? What is their policy about cameras and pics?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just thought I'd bump this up one last time. Pan, I'd like to meet up with you on the 12th. Any other possibilities...I'd love to go with some MC buddies.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Barry, I may go on the 10th but that's not for certain right now.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Barry, I may go on the 10th but that's not for certain right now.
    Well, Brand, thanks for the effort but it looks like I'm going on Monday the 12th.

I am hoping to meet up with Pan the Man at least.

This is supposed to be a really great event, but so far most of my MC "friends" have greeted this with a

Like Marie said above, I'm really not that bad of a guy, and it would be fun to have a group going, so I'll give this one last try.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Would you be interested in meeting up with me that day? What is their policy about cameras and pics?
    Sure! In 2007 in San Francisco they had no problems with camera's, although some displays they asked you not to use flash.

Not sure what our Schedule is like for the day right now. i am waiting on my brother.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Obviously, so many people are trying to get on this thread to become a part of this, it can't handle the volume....so I'll bump it up once more...

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Sports fans are underestimating how very cool the Fanfest is. When the AS game was in San Francisco, I enjoyed the HR derby and the Fanfest more than the AS game itself!

Here are the attractions-

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_st...ttractions.jsp
    Last edited by PanTheMan; 07-03-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast