View Poll Results: If you'd like to join us, please vote here (helps us plan our event):

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - 1 Ticket Please

11 28.95%
  • YES - 2 Tickets Please

20 52.63%
  • YES - 3 Tickets Please

4 10.53%
  • YES - 4 Tickets Please

2 5.26%
  • YES - More than 4 tickets or I'm not sure how many I need

1 2.63%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Talking MiceChat Holiday Celebration - December 12th - Come Join the Fun!

MiceChat's Ho Ho Holiday Celebration

UPDATE: STORE NOW CLOSED! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

For years, we've been wanting to put together a holiday party for our readers and members. This year, thanks to Knott's Berry Farm, we'll finally be able to do just that.

Join us Sunday, December 12

Description: Bring your family to come spend a magical day with your MiceChat family at Knott’s Merry Farm and help us celebrate 50 Years of the Calico Mine Ride as well as the Christmas season.

Tickets On Sale Now Through December 8th ONLY. Don't miss out!!!

Our itinerary will include:

• 11:00AM - Meet at the Calico Mine Train to wish a belated happy birthday to this 50 year old treasure. And, of course, we'll take a spin on this California classic!
    • 11:30 - We'll leave from the exit of the Calico Mine Train for a brief Ghost Town history walk led by Eric Lynxwiler (Co-author of Knott's Preserved) - Learn a bit about this historic Orange County area which predates Disneyland by about 15 years! The tour will last about half an hour and will end at the Birdcage Theatre, where we'll meet for a special performance.
    • 12:15 VIP seating at the Birdcage Theatre for a special holiday performance of "Gift of the Magi." We will enter from the private backstage side of the theater and then meet the talented cast of the show as we take our VIP seats. While we are waiting, we'll learn a bit about the history of the Bird Cage Theatre and also about the some of the myths surrounding Knott’s history!
    • 1:30 Enjoy a delicious Christmas feast in the Hacienda Room of Spurs restaurant for our Holiday BBQ! Your meal includes sliced roast beef, sliced turkey, apple stuffing, yam casserole, cheese tortellini, ambrosia salad, pumpkin pie, gingerbread cookies and more! Yum!!!
    • 2:30 we'll head toward the Charles Schultz theatre to view a performance of the wonderful ice show, “It’s Christmas, Snoopy!. VIP seating is located at ground level directly across from the bumper cars. If it won't be too much of a distraction for other guests, we'll hear about the history of this interesting location in the park and its Boardwalk/Roaring 20's/Gypsy Encampment roots.
    • 4:00 We will head to the Calico stage for our special VIP viewing location for the cheerful Peanut’s Holiday Parade. This parade includes all the Peanut’s characters as they get ready for the holiday. While we wait for the parade to reach our location, we'll gaze upon the Calico Mine ride and and discuss its history in the park and its landmark status in theme park history.
    • Extended Fun - The parade is our last scheduled event. Head off and enjoy Knott's Crafts Village, the rides OR hang out with Dusty and Fishy as they take a stroll through Snoopy's Christmas Light Spectacular and then watch the tree lighting in the front of the park at 6pm.

Knott's is expecting big crowds due to the toy drive and holiday activities. Therefore, it is important that we keep tightly to the schedule. It may be necessary for us to cut some of our tours and talks short in order to make our show and dining engagements. If you are running late or separate from the group, please look at the schedule and meet up with us at the next stop. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
    Come early or stay late (the park is open 10am until 8pm) to also experience:

• Knott's Christmas Crafts Village - filled with dozens of artisans in a Victorian holiday wonderland of strolling carolers, musical groups, community choirs and lavish holiday decorations.
    • Elf Mountain - Santa's Elves have invaded the world famous Timber Mountain Log Ride!
    • Santa's Toy Barn - visit with the man of the hour – Santa!
    • Snoopy's Christmas Light Spectacular - hundreds of thousands of twinkling white and multicolored lights accompanied by a festive soundtrack merrily light up the nighttime sky in Camp Snoopy from dusk (abount 5:30) to Park closing.
    • And we haven't even mentioned that the park is just filled with rides!

This is an event for all of our readers (and family and friends of our readers) - registered or not. Join us for as much or as little of the scheduled events above as you'd like. We hope you'll be able to join us.

Event Cost: $48.00 per person* (Includes Ticket, Dinner, Tours and Special Event access). For those who already have annual passes or park tickets, you can purchase a dinner and event only ticket for $32*. (* Plus nominal PayPal fees)

PLEASE NOTE: the store will require you to create a username and password. This is NOT tied to your MiceChat username and password. The systems are not linked.

Voting helps us plan out the event and work with Knott's on seating arrangements, etc. Thank you for your help. Please share this message with all of your family, friends, and MicePals!

Wishing each and every one of you a very happy holiday!

Last edited by Dustysage; 12-08-2010 at 05:40 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Re: MiceChat Holiday Celebration - December 12th - Come Join the Fun!

Very exciting, Dusty. A great deal, not to mention, some aspects of this are likely to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend.

The Rick 'n' Lu will both be in attendance!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Sounds like a lot of fun, and we get fed too!

I think I'm going to need this event just to get away from the holiday rush for a day, and just enjoy the holiday season. Count me in!

•   
    • Wanted in Monstropolis

Sounds like fun! We're in!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Wish I was a little closer, so I could attend. Sounds like this will be a lot of fun!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Sounds fun! Can't wait!
    -Monorail Man

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Wow, that's an incredible price! I can't believe you get theme park entry, all the shows and tours and this amazing feast for less than $50/person! Knotts is really knocking it out of the park with this event!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Circle of Ancients

Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish Ken and I could go , but I already know there's no way I can get the time off. Hope everyone who does attend has a blast!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

So glad that we're able to do this. We are looking forward to it.
    Mike

I have an annual pass for Knott's. If one does the dining only ticket, does that include the other activities of the day? I actually already had plans to be at Knott's that day and would love to do this. Just have to convince the others that I am going with!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I have an annual pass for Knott's. If one does the dining only ticket, does that include the other activities of the day? I actually already had plans to be at Knott's that day and would love to do this. Just have to convince the others that I am going with!
    Absolutely Senior Sparky! Fishy and I are pass holders as well. I hope you'll join us!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Absolutely Senior Sparky! Fishy and I are pass holders as well. I hope you'll join us!
    We're having some resistance from a certain visitor from Florida to doing the Holiday BBQ meal, but, hopefully, we can work it out. Ron and I really want to do the tours and stuff! It's too bad Paul is not working there right now, as he would be in the Holiday Melodrama Theater shows (& the holiday saloon show) and would probably be glad to talk about being in the shows to the group. But, they didn't hire him back on when he got back from his cruise ship job.

Sounds great! I'll be there!

Who's this Linxwiler guy I keep seeing on here? Hmmm, I wonder what he's going to do for a walking tour. Or if he could do a little slide show instead. Hmmm.

• Goofy

i am so there. i can't wait for all the fun.

• no YOU shut up!

Blog Entries

I am shuffling some existing plans to make this work... Eric is a GREAT guide (and guy!) and this is going to be a fantastically fun day!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast