Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gumball Rally????

I am new to micechat and one of the things that drew me here was all the information about the Gumball Rally. I am really excited about this and wondered when the date will be announced for this for 2011 and whether it will be on a day a deluxe passholder can get in? I apologize if I am jumping the gun or if there is another thread already.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Gumball Rally????

Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    I am new to micechat and one of the things that drew me here was all the information about the Gumball Rally. I am really excited about this and wondered when the date will be announced for this for 2011 and whether it will be on a day a deluxe passholder can get in? I apologize if I am jumping the gun or if there is another thread already.
    Fear not, the Gumball Rally is something to be extremely excited about! The date has not been announced yet, but you can bet there will be much fanfare once it is! The Special Events Crew is right now working on the date and will be announced as soon as the details are finalized.

Welcome to MiceChat! The Rally is one of the events I look forward to more than anything else!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Whoa there... one event at a time! We have to survive the anniversary meet in January first! But I can tell you that once we do announce the event dates, it will be one of the most fun times you can have at the park! Historically its been in the spring... but the exact time... like Yoyo said, preliminary things are being worked on, just not quite ready for prime time yet!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• formerly Gravey80

Definatly once it's announced, you will be watcing and waiting for all the threads about it to be on. I have done it two years in a row and I have loved doing both of them. I can't wait for the Anniversary meet in jan and then the gumball rally later!
    "If you think about it, Disneyland is just a people trap set by a mouse."

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Gumball Rally????

If you hadn't noticed the banner at the top of the forums, the date for the 5th MiceChat Gumball Rally has been announced! On Saturday, May 14th, teams will compete for the coveted Gumball trophy. This year will be the best one yet!

If you have any further questions about the Rally, you can click on the banner, which takes you to the following link: Gumball Rally

If there is a question you have that is not listed on the information page, you can ask it in here or PM one of the staff members.

We hope you are able to join us!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

So now your bolded question can be answered:
    Unfortunately, no.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 7.23.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

How is Gumball gonna be affected by all the happenings at the resort in May? I know May is going to be super crazy there...seems Disney is still trying to figure out dates for stuff like Pirates premiere, Star Tours, Mermaid, etc but they're all should be happening around the same time as Gumball Rally.
    I'm planning on doing the rally for the first time this year myself. Sounds like so much fun.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    How is Gumball gonna be affected by all the happenings at the resort in May?
    Just adds some challenge.
    -Monorail Man

• ******** Gold Member

I'm glad I read this thread before I got too excited. All the passholders are blocked on May 14 except premium. That leaves me out. I'm sure it will be fun though!

• Hakuna Matata!

trust me... it's worth spending the extra money on a day pass if you want to enter the rally.

• A Weather Eye Open

what was the price for the rally per person/team last year? i see this year's price is not yet listed, so i was hoping for an estimate at least.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Re: Q – I use a wheel chair and/or have a special assistance pass, can I compete? A – You can certainly participate, however, due to the fact that special assistance passes are an unfair competitive advantage to the other players, you must use the regular queue whenever possible. You may sit out on attractions which you can not ride or which it is impossible for you to navigate the regular queue. However, at least one member of your team MUST be able to ride the attraction and wait in the regular queue. That ensures that your team always waits the same length of time as any other team in the competition.
    ================================================== =====

Hi Guys,
    Do you think there may a way to hold a variation of this event for the physically challenged people?
    I have a friend who uses a wheelchair and I have a walking disability that prevents me from being on my feet for periods at a time.

Many marathons have events that lets the physically challenged head out first as tghey are in wheelchairs and such. It would be nice to see some type of event like this for those of us who are no longer able to keep up with the pace of the normal walker.

In my case I have to utilize a cane while in the parks and be mindful of my surroundings and HOW I navigate through crowds. I am not at wheelchair stage. Just very bad arthritic knees that run in my family. :-(

It would be cool to sit and watch a lot of these contestants as they whirl through the lines and navigate the crowds. :-)

As you stated in your response, the wheelchair contestants have a speedier head start as they use the wheelchair entrances on the DL side and the regular lines on the DCA side.

A seperate event for next year would be awesome.

To all who compete, HAVE A BLAST.

• A Weather Eye Open

i would recommend that anyone not physically up to what is basically a waiting-riding-running through the park marathon but that lives in the area and wants to participate in the fun, volunteer to be a spotter or referee for the event.

that would include people who don't want to use the recommended method for people with disabilities, or people who just think it all sounds a little too tiring.

then everyone can watch, feel the excitement, be there at the party when the awards are announced, and have all the camaraderie that comes with it!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Still wondering if anyone actually knows how much Gumball tickets were last year, just a general estimate. I'm very curious. And were there teams that were like crazily running and extremely competitive?
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Oz......around $30 if I recall correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast