Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Exclamation Details and Tickets - MiceChat 6th Anniversary - January 28th through 30th 2011

NOTE: The Jack Lindquist breakfast and book signing at ESPN Zone has SOLD OUT.

Hello
    MiceChat - Happy Anniversary! The big MiceChat celebration weekend starts TODAY!!!!!!!!

This year's signature events, a fabulous Wine Reception at the Pop The Cork wine bar and breakfast at the ESPN Zone with Disney legend and first Disneyland President, Jack Lindquist are both SOLD OUT.
    We are trying something new this year, each of the meets and events is hosted by a well known MiceChatter, Moderator, Admin, or Columnist. It will be a great way for you to meet new folks and old!

3 days of fun, food, friendship and frivolity await. January 28th through 30th at the Disneyland Resort.

MICECHAT 6 ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

We have the schedule listed out for you below, but we also have a handy times guide you can download and print out:

Party Night
    FRIDAY, JAN. 28th

7:00 – 9:00 pm

IndianaJenn and the Temple of the Trampled Fruit Pre-Party
    Pop the Cork Wine Bar, Anaheim Gardenwalk
    (21 and older event) Tickets Must Be Purchased In Advance
    An evening of fun with the who's who of MiceChat. Meet Al Lutz, Sue Kruse, Dustysage, Monorail Man, a host of fabulous columnists and all your favorite Micepals at the very cool Pop the Cork Wine Bar at the Anaheim GardenWalk. Admission is just $12 for this MiceChat 6 Year Anniversary kick-off event. There will be a full cash bar and appetizers available for purchase. Make sure to stop by and say hello to your hostess, Moderator IndianaJenn.
    We're sorry, this event is now SOLD OUT

Fun And Games Day
    SATURDAY, JAN. 29th

(DCA park hours 10 am to 10 pm)

9:00 am - 11:00 am
    Breakfast and Book Signing with Disney Legend, Jack Lindquist
    ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney - EVENT NOW SOLD OUT!

BREAKFAST WITH DISNEY LEGEND JACK LINDQUIST
    Saturday, January 29th 9am to 11am at ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney
    If you love Disneyland, we've got an opportunity for you to meet a real Disneyland original - Jack Lindquist. Jack was Disneyland's very first president and a man who forever shaped the history of Disney's theme park empire. Now in his mid 80's, Jack has penned a book about his experiences with Walt Disney, famous Imagineers and a host of celebrities and Disney notables. Jack will have copies of his book, In Service To The Mouse: My Unexpected Journey to Becoming Disneyland's First President, available for purchase and signing. While we learn a bit about Disneyland History, we'll also feast on a delicious breakfast at one of Jack's favorite restaurants, the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney (which is celebrating its 10th anniversary). Breakfast with Jack is just $20 and includes a gift bag with a $10 game card and an ESPN Zone lanyard!

EVENT NOW SOLD OUT

11:30 am
    Fishbulb’s Mice and Go Seek
    Start and Finish in Hollywood Pictures backlot in front of the former Millionaire building (by the exit of Muppet Vision 3D)
    We'll welcome all our MiceFriends and start our anniversary off with a fun game of Mice-and-go-seek! You'll meet 5 MiceChat personalities, who will then be sent out into the park to "Hide". Your goal is to find them - the person who finds the most wins! Look for clues by following MiceChat's Twitter feed. Hosted by Micechat’s Art Director and In The Parks Editor, Fishbbulb.
    12:45 pm
    Maximum Lunch Time with MickeyMaxx
    Pacific Wharf
    (tables to the side of Cucina Cucamonga and closest to Paradise Pier)
    Grab your food at any of the Pacific Wharf eateries. We’ll grab tables and schmooze with Moderator MickeyMaxx.
    2:00 pm
    Mamabot’s Marvelous Mid-Day Eye Spy
    Sonoma Terrace at the Golden Vine Winery, in front of the Blue Sky Cellar
    A returning favorite event hosted by Special Events Crew Member, Mamabot, and assembled by Mamabot & Fishbulb. This is a fun little event that ANYONE can play and enjoy. The team who completes the most questions in one hour wins! We've never had a perfect score, will you be the first?

3:00 pm

Rixter's Relaxing Respite at the Blue Sky Cellar

Blue Sky Cellar next to the Sonoma Terrace at the Golden Vine Winery

While Mamabot’s team scores the Eye Spy, join Rixter, Special Events Crew Member and Editor of MiceChat's "Weekend Update", and take a peek inside the Blue Sky Cellar for all of the exciting changes coming to the little park that could.

4:00 pm

pratt55’s Puppets and Pixar Tour

Meet at the Mickey Fountain in front of Monsters, Inc.

As soon as everyone is assembled, join Moderator pratt55 on a ride through scenic Monstropolis. Then, we'll head off for even more shenanigans with Kermit and the Muppets.

NOTE: No Dinner Meet is Planned

7:00 pm

MaryAnn in Wndrlnd’s DRINK MEet
    Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand California Hotel
    (find a spot on the heated outdoor patio)
    Lounge around with Special Events Crew Member (and MiceChat’s resident bartender) MaryAnn in Wndrlnd. Kick back and relax!

7:30 pm

Monorail Man’s Magical Mystery Trivia Contest
    Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand California Hotel
    (on the heated outdoor patio)
    Join MiceChat Administrator and Game Show nut, Monorail Man, for his renowned trivia contest (a hit of last year's anniversary and the Gumball Rally). With a new format to surprise us all, you don’t want to miss this much talked about event.

9 pm
    ElecTRONica
    Hollywood Pictures Backlot
    In Front of Flynn's Arcade (Former Hollywood and Dine)
    Step into the grid and meet a legendary micechatter with one post to his/her name, but everyone knows his/her face. The answer will SHOCK you….

Classic Disneyland Day
    SUNDAY, JAN. 30th

(Disneyland park hours 9 am to 11 pm)

9:15 am
    Demigod’s Feast for the Multitude
    River Belle Terrace
    Breakfast at the Riverbelle. An anniversary tradition! Only made more regal by Demigod, MiceEars Crew Member.

10:15 am
    Disneyland Railroad Grand Circle Tour hosted by Dustysage
    Start and Finish at the New Orleans Square Station
    Another anniversary tradition! Dustysage will take us through every land in the park in under 30 minutes! Then, as time allows, we'll take a trip around the Rivers of America and prepare for the biggest meet of them all in the Hub at noon!

12:00 pm
    Noon Hub Meet (Sponsored by Howard Johnson, Anaheim Resort)
    The Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Statue in the Hub in front of the Castle
    As we do every Sunday, we’ll meet by the Partners Statue just to Walt's right hand. This is the meet that started it all. We'll greet new friends and old, chat, gossip, give thanks and then take a big group picture!

12:30 pm
    Group Picture
    In front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle

1:00 pm

penguinsoda’s Practically Perfect “Potluck” Lunch
    Carnation Gardens
    Grab lunch from wherever you'd like and then bring it back to the tables located at Carnation Gardens (the area next to the stage located behind Rancho Zocalo and to the left of the castle). Moderator penguinsoda will be expecting you and assist you with tables.

2:45 pm
    Barbaraann’s Bumpkin Bash with Billy Hill and the Hillbillies (get in line because this show always fills up on MiceChat weekend)
    The Golden Horseshoe
    Join Barbaraann, one of our most prolific posters and earliest members, with 40,000+ posts to her name, as we pay a call to the four brothers named Billy. Stomp, hoot, and holler along with the songs and slapstick.

3:45 pm

Geek Out with D23’s Disney Geek, Jeffrey Epstein
    Magnolia Park, in front of the New Orleans Train Station
    D23’s Jeffrey Epstein hosts a meet and greet with the MiceChatters, complete with Prizes for a few lucky folks!

4:15 pm
    Villains Fan’s Voyage of Villainy with Pirates and Poltergeists
    Magnolia Park, in front of the New Orleans Train Station
    Meet Moderator Villains Fan in Magnolia Park (the round park between the New Orleans Train Station and Haunted Mansion). We'll head off together as a group by 4:20 to pillage the Caribbean. Then, we will proceed to wake the dead at the Haunted Mansion. We will return to Magnolia Park to say goodbye to dear friends. This will be the last stop on MiceChat's 6 Year Anniversary itinerary.
    Whether you are able to join us or not, THANK YOU for making MiceChat a part of your life. We appreciate you and your support over the last 6 years and can't wait to share a whole new year of friendship and fun.

Stay at the Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort
    If you are looking for a place to stay, please contact our good friends at HoJo who always take the very best care of us and support all of our special events: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort Call 800-422-4228 Between the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday - Ask for the special MiceChat Rate.
    PRIZES, PRIZES, PRIZES

We are giving away over a thousand dollars worth of prizes during the MiceChat 6 year anniversary weekend! Here are some of the prizes you could win in the Mice and Go Seek, Eye Spy, Magical Mystery Trivia Contest, and MiceChat noon meet (on Sunday). Come for the fun and you might just win one of more than 50 prizes!

2 night stay at the Grand Californian Hotel* (Sponsored by Fairy Godmother Travel), Tickets to Knott’s Berry Farm, Discovery Science Center Tickets, LEGOLAND Tickets, The Sherman Brothers Songbook CDs, BLU-RAY movies, Vinylmation Figures, LEGOLAND Gift Basket, Board Games, World of Color USB Drives, Books, Eeyore Magic Towels, and more!

Please support our fantastic MiceChat Anniversary Partners:

You can show your support of MiceChat and help us promote this special event by posting the following image to your sig-line and by sharing info about our anniversary weekend with your friends and family on FaceBook, Twitter and beyond.

Much thanks to all the great folks of MiceChat's Special Events Crew for piecing together an amazing schedule this year!

It is hard to believe that 6 years have flown by so quickly. So much has happened in that time. Nearly 43,000 people have joined the site. Countless friendships have been made. Folks have fallen in love and made families. Dear friends have moved up to that theme park in the sky. And an endless stream of entertainment has flowed onto our boards and blogs by some of the most creative and fun people I've ever had the pleasure to meet.

Let's get ready to celebrate for a full weekend with friends old and new as we mark another notch in the calendar and begin a whole new year of MiceChat history.

Thank you for your friendship, love and support. There is simply no better community on earth than you good folks!

-Dusty and the MiceChat Crew

*2 Night Stay at the Grand Californian Hotel, dates and other restrictions apply,
    must be booked through Fairy Godmother Travel.

Last edited by Dustysage; 01-28-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Both ticketed events now sold out!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Re: Details and Tickets - MiceChat 6th Anniversary - January 28th through 30th 2011

I'm hoping to get there both Saturday and Sunday for this. It sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could afford all three.

• (Not a) New User

Re: Details and Tickets - MiceChat 6th Anniversary - January 28th through 30th 2011

I love the little caption at the bottom- "the cool people are going".

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• formerly Gravey80

If anyone still needs a place to stay near the HoJo, pm me and let me know.
    "If you think about it, Disneyland is just a people trap set by a mouse."

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If you Still need a place to stay
    Disneyland Hotel Pm Me let me know

I have my ticket for my IndianaJenn and the Temple of the Trampled Fruit Wine Reception
    At Anaheim Garden Walk Pop The Cork Wine and bar
    start at 7:00 pm See there at the kickoff
    Last edited by akfandisney; 01-14-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Add pop the cork
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Super Genius

Where is the breakfast meet? Quite a few places serve food.

Also, I want to host a Micechat party at the bar at Anaheim Plaza Hotel Saturday night.

I'm not going to the DCA meet on Saturday, so if you want to attend, please PM me with your cell phone number (or better yet, IM me) and I'll respond with same.

These pictures below aren't of the hotel lobby, they're the bar‼ The lobby is off in the distance at the right side of the top image.

Last edited by MikeChat; 01-12-2011 at 01:58 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

This is gonna be a great meet. I can't wait for the Wine meet!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Buy Jenn a glass from me, ok Fishy? :-)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeChat View Post
    Where is the breakfast meet? Quite a few places serve food.
    I removed that detail because we just had a VERY special guest confirm with us and we need to find a more suitable location. All will be revealed very soon. You'll like this!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

After reading the plans...Im going to try my best to make to the 1/30 portion of the meets.
    Ive been wanting to be a hub meet for years now despite ive only been here for almost 3 years lol

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I removed that detail because we just had a VERY special guest confirm with us and we need to find a more suitable location. All will be revealed very soon. You'll like this!
    Once again, earning that "Man of Mystery" title... Can't wait to see the details!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• ******** Gold Member

Lemeno SunDay & Night events. See you then.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah... its going to be wonderful!!! Its a break from our usual tradition, but trust me.... it is going to be soooooo worth it!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Disney Hypnosis You'll like this, You are getting sleepy very sleepy! I am Getting very excited, I like the idea of a mystery guest!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am literally sitting on the end of my chair anxious to know all the juicy deails. As long as I know before I run out the door on January the 26th to catch my morning flight out of Chicago. I can see me printing out the intinerary, throwing it into the suitcase, and running out the door.

Hey, in two more weeks, I will be running out the door, or actually my plane will be almost taking off, just about this time.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast