Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Next Mice Chat Photo Meet...

We are planning the next Mice Chat Photo Meet for Sunday, March 6th in Disneyland. Any photo enthusiasts are welcome to join us.

I'm thinking we might do a bit of Princess or Fairy shoots with visits to either Princess Fantasy Faire or Pixie Hollow. We can also discuss the possibility of a Monochrome portion where we all set our cameras to Monocrhome for a short time or certain area. Hopefully there will be lots of baby ducks at that time so we can shoot (with cameras) baby ducks.

If any of you can make it, please chime in, not only with you being able to join us but any ideas you might have, desires to photograph or things you would like to learn.

Mike
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Next Mice Chat Photo Meet...

I'm down. Should we start with the main group at noon at the hub, and then break off? Or should we plan to meet earlier? Later?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I'm down. Should we start with the main group at noon at the hub, and then break off? Or should we plan to meet earlier? Later?
    Not Sure. I have to drive up that morning, so I probably won't get there till 10:00. Let's see what other people (if any show up) have to say.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Ah, scheduled for my birthday too..but sadly it's a school week, and would have to come from San Francisco. Alas....been hoping to come to one of these. I joined the Flickr group at least (MiceChat photographers)
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

I would be interested in going, sounds like fun, and it'd be great to meet some of the amazing micechat photographers

• Hukuna Matata!

I would like to meet the great photographer Hotsauce oneday, love all of your pics, ever going to make it to the meets or have you already?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitographer View Post
    I would be interested in going, sounds like fun, and it'd be great to meet some of the amazing micechat photographers
    I know Gregg Cooper (corsair 13) will be there. I am seriously hoping Andy Castro and Fishbulb can join us. We'd love to have you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    I would like to meet the great photographer Hotsauce oneday, love all of your pics, ever going to make it to the meets or have you already?
    I'll be there. How bout you???

If I can get the day off, I'd love to come along!

• Super Genius

I won't be able to go but I have an idea:

Photograph the small lights on the matterhorn that are supposed to be the Yeti's Eyes, before you see the actual Yeti himself. This will show the machinery that the eyes are attached to.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Keeping an eye on this thread. I sure hope to be able to join everybody! This could be fun.

Ideas- I've tried to look more at the details of all the areas. I like the idea above of doing some of the shots on black and white. I just started reading a book on b/w photography, and why one might choose it over color.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

We're going to be there on the 6th! I'd love to join the meet if you don't mind someone who is a little out of practise and has an older canon rebel with boring lenses...

Idea: Mess with Billy Hill. How many photographers can we fit in the front row of the Golden Horseshoe? I think if anyone at the resort would get a kick out of that it would be mister "prosTEETHis" himself

Idea the Second: The Photo Seen 'Round the Park: We each get into a position somewhere along the ring that is Disneyland, and take a photo of another photographer in the group somewhere else along the ring. We could put all the photos together into one sort of panoramic collage, or maybe get some of that fancy zooming-in software that plays the photos zooming into each other to infinity.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Idea: Mess with Billy Hill. How many photographers can we fit in the front row of the Golden Horseshoe? I think if anyone at the resort would get a kick out of that it would be mister "prosTEETHis" himself

Idea the Second: The Photo Seen 'Round the Park: We each get into a position somewhere along the ring that is Disneyland, and take a photo of another photographer in the group somewhere else along the ring. We could put all the photos together into one sort of panoramic collage, or maybe get some of that fancy zooming-in software that plays the photos zooming into each other to infinity.

These are great ideas, Omni! We might completely un-nerve poor Billy Hill if curtain goes up and there's a wall of DSLR cameras across the front of the auditorium.

Speaking of infinity shots, do you think they'd pull one of us on stage? It would be hilarious to get a shot of the volunteer taking a shot of the first row of tables filled entirely with photographers

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Keeping an eye on this thread. I sure hope to be able to join everybody! This could be fun.

Ideas- I've tried to look more at the details of all the areas. I like the idea above of doing some of the shots on black and white. I just started reading a book on b/w photography, and why one might choose it over color.
    When we were at Disneyland yesterday, we were around the Partners Statue just watching people. My wife, who is really into Black & White was mentioning that it is one of the best places to just capture what people do, especially in Black & White. Unfortunately, I don't think a bunch of us in a group can be inconspicuous like my wife can. It would be a good spot for an All B&W photo session and see what everyone comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    We're going to be there on the 6th! I'd love to join the meet if you don't mind someone who is a little out of practise and has an older canon rebel with boring lenses...
    Please do join us. It isn't the camera, it's the person behind it that matters.

Messing with Billy Hill does sound like a lot of fun. I can just imagine lining the front row with photographers and seeing what they do. I have a feeling it might be like poking a caged tiger with a stick. Sooner or later, it will get you. Something tells me they would mess with us more than we would mess with them.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast