View Poll Results: Can you make it down to DARK HARBOR on Sat, Oct 8th?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABSOLUTELY! Where do I get my boarding pass?

30 93.75%
  • I'm feeling a little seasick, can I have more info?

2 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

MICECHAT NIGHTS OF HORROR - Queen Mary's Dark Harbor

Welcome to MiceChat Nights of Horror at Queen Mary's Dark Harbor.

Join MiceChat's band of intrepid fright followers down to long beach for what is sure to be an amazing event. Queen Mary's Dark Harbor was the knock out hit of last years Haunt Season. This year they are back with everything that made them amazing and more. We will be offering special pricing and VIP treatment to this real life haunted ship. There is safety, and HUGE savings, in groups.

[CENTER]Tickets On Sale NOW - SAT, Oct 8th
    QUEEN MARY'S DARK HARBOR

Tickets are only $55.00
    Included:

•Admission
    •Dinner
    •Front of the line access
    •Meet Talent Director David Wally

Here are some photos of last year's 5 amazing mazes at Queen Mary Dark Harbor. There's something truly special about a haunted event being held at one of the nation's real life most haunted places.

Long Beach has a number of tourist attractions, but one which is often overlooked, is the Queen Mary. But last Halloween, they produced a haunt event that blews away anything they've done in the past and ranks right up there with the very best that Universal and Knott's have to offer. We had heard about past Halloweens at the Queen Mary and we honestly weren't very excited about our trip . . . but this IS the Queen Mary which is inherently creepy and many say truly haunted (for real). So that alone was worth the trip to Long Beach. It exceeded all of our expectations and provided for an exciting and affordable evening of fun.

Once inside the turnstiles, you are greeted by a menacing phantom figure standing above a portal to doom. He invites all to come in.

Entering the foggy shipping crate, fashioned into a tunnel, visitors will soon realize that this will be an evening to remember. The entrance to the Dark Harbor is a sort of maze of its own. Flickering bulbs light the blinding fog just long enough to see the dangers mere feet ahead. It was amazing.

The path let out into an open grassy area with wooden structures offering a sort of free form maze. Out in the open but not in the clear, visitors are left to find their way.

WRONG WAY

Go that-a-way!

The make up and costuming are amazing here

We finally made it to the main thoroughfare of Dark Harbor. The path was lined with food vendors and a few solicitors here and there.

Dark harbor offered five separate mazes. "Submerged", "Hellfire", and "Containment" on the ship - "The Cage", in the former Spruce Goose Dome - and "Village of the Damned" in the old village shopping center (next to the dome).

We decided to hit the ship first and began our tour with the 'Containment' maze.

Containment:

Quote:
    A trail of torture.
 Containment has quarantined sailors and passengers who are possessed after having been infected with every disease imaginable. You'll need a strong dose of antibiotics if you're fortunate enough to make it out alive.

The maze begins with a shipmate guiding visitors deeper into the story and warning of the dangers ahead. What followed was a very impressive medical themed nightmare full of ghosts, mutants and fiendish doctors.

Come on up to the lab and see what's on the slab

The mutants are coming

The music was ominous a great backdrop to the creepy mood of the maze and the excellent scare-actors.

Help me!

The maniacal doctor attacks

HellFire:

Quote:
    Your fears ablaze. 
Hellfire is a maze on the ship that's so hot, the steel melts. Be sure to wear sun screen because you'll head into the Queen Mary's boiler room as it explodes in a ball of fire. Descend deeper into the ship and you'll approach the Gates of Hell in areas of the ship normally off limits!

This fire themed maze combs the depths of the Queen Mary's corridors and leads to a stunning Boiler Room finale.

The actors and set pieces are all up to the task of setting the right mood and generating fear and uneasiness. The shortest of the maze offerings, "Hellfire" more than makes up for its lack of length by having an amazing ending.

Fighting fire with fire

Fishing for trouble

What was so brilliant about the mazes on the Queen Mary was their use of the existing passageways on the ship. Winding in a seemingly endless labyrinth of riveted corridors, the maze establishes a sense of reality - which absolutely heightens the freight factor.

We won't give the ending away, but lets just say that you should make a trip to the Queen Mary to see it for yourself.

Submerged:

Quote:

Feel your spirit sink.
Submerged is the maze that will have you drowning in fear. Water pours in around you as you try to escape a sinking ship and an angry crew. If you have a fear of drowning this is one of the scariest mazes. If you make it you will reach the ship's swimming pool, which is truly haunted by spirits, and normally closed to the public!

Submerged is a water themed maze on the ship that again features beautiful set pieces.

The maze features sets with real water effects

A ghostly tricycle enters the light.

The scariest thing in the world . . . children.

Let this sleeping ghost lie.

One of the highlights of the maze leads visitors through one of the most haunted areas of the ship, the pool.
    "Submerged" was an inventive maze with just the right mix of mood and scares. The duration of the maze was just long enough and the talent was exceptional.

Village of the Damned:

Quote:

Mutation, mutilation, and mayhem.
 Village of the Damned is a seaport haunted by the Queen Mary's resident ghosts. Upon entering the maze, you're cautioned to turn back…….. BUT You're dammed if you do and dammed if you don't because entering means you are trespassing into their world of ghosts. Fifty-five paces and you're in the scariest part of the maze.

Brilliant lighting design is a highlight of this maze.

Village of the Damned is a very, very impressive maze. The use of the old village shopping center is a brilliant move and here again, the actors were perfect. Seriously!

The mutants of the town are after you.

Very Clockwork Orange.

A spooky coffin maze.

Down into the sewers.

Village is also one of the longest mazes I have ever been in. from beginning to end the maze took us at least 11 minutes to walk all the way through, perhaps more. Creepy, moody and totally satisfying. Worth the wait time!

The Cage:

Quote:
    Escape . . . if you can.
The Cage, is located in the DOME, and is filled with monsters and other gruesome creatures locked in cages. As you walk around YOU WILL GET LOST in the endless corridors of chain link and mirrors, so choose your path wisely. Finding your way out is like winning the lottery, enter the wrong path and you'll scream your lungs out.

Entering the dome one realizes the scope of this maze may be something you aren't prepared for. The entrance into the maze replicates stepping into your worst nightmare. A path leads to the base of a large screen on which nightmarish images spin and twirl.

Once inside, black curtains hang in misleading arrangements with disorienting lighting. There is no single way to go through this maze, as there is no real path!

A light rotates over the entire maze.

The maze finally evolves into a path of chain link and monsters that is exposed to the expanse of the dome. Loud distorted music blares from every angle as visitors navigate through this inventive living nightmare. This was the first maze we have been through in years that felt unhinged - no order or reason to the path - but in a very GOOD way. We loved every minute.

A metal sculpture is lit red.

Is this the right path?

The Cage was a full on assault on the senses that I couldn't get enough of. So much so that upon exiting, we made a U-Turn and got right back in line. This may be our favorite maze of the year.

Night Mariner's Bar:

Nice

A surprising amount of theme is here on display.

A full bar is available.

A nice lounge too.

Dark Harbor is a must do for Haunt fans. Last year's incarnation of the Queen Mary Haunt is a jaw dropping spectacle of top notch design and presentation. Not a single maze was a letdown, not one. Even the maze like entrance to the event was impressive.

You won't want to miss this opportunity to visit the Queen Mary with your haunt friends at MiceChat.com.

TICKETS AVAILABLE WHILE THEY LAST HERE:
    MiceChat Events Store (Powered by CubeCart)
    Last edited by Dustysage; 09-30-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

•   

Re: MICECHAT NIGHTS OF HORROR - Queen Mary's Dark Harbor

Sorry, I will be on the older sister ship SS Columbia trying to repair a large leak in it's hull where a sea turtle has been spotted. PD

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisWedWay View Post
    Sorry, I will be on the older sister ship SS Columbia trying to repair a large leak in it's hull where a sea turtle has been spotted. PD
    Enjoy TDS and say hi to Crush for us!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I really wanted to go to this last year, but could not make. Hopefully, this year will work!

Will there be the possibility of adding on a room for the night?

•   
    • Wanted in Monstropolis

Can't wait for more info!! Definitely going this year, especially after hearing Fishbulb's review of the event at the Rally Pasta Party!

Cherny and I are 90% in on this one too... Just need a little more info.

• Ewwwwww...

I was so hoping this would be the same weekend as Knotts Haunt so we could go
    Finding yourself lost in thought may be unfamiliar territory... Be careful!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Folks, if you are interested in this event, please vote.

The more of you who I can confirm are going the better deal we'll get. Don't be shy.

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

•   
    • Wanted in Monstropolis

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Folks, if you are interested in this event, please vote.

The more of you who I can confirm are going the better deal we'll get. Don't be shy.

Dusty
    I voted but mine is a plus one!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Howdy folks,

Tickets for our Queen Mary Dark Harbor event are now available in the MiceChat Store, but you'll want to hurry, because we can only sell 50 spots for this event.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

Absolutely looking forward to going. Just bought our tickets. We were hoping to add on to stay the night but it looks like they're only accepting reservations for min. 3 nights that weekend on their site.

Are you by any chance able to get a deal for us to add a room as well?

Thanks. (see you there.)

•   
    • Wanted in Monstropolis

Just bought our tix! Gonna be a blast!

• That's a lot of look.

Just bought two tickets. Really looking forward to this!

Couldn't squeeze in Universal, but I have my ticket for Dark Harbor, so see you all there.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

LAST CALL

We are just about sold out on the Queen Mary Dark Harbor event scheduled for Saturday October 8th. This is a creepy event but not a gory one. If you can handle Knott's Scary Farm, you can handle this one easily.

Dinner, tickets and front of line for just $55. Would love to have you join us: MiceChat Events Store (Powered by CubeCart)

Be sure to let your friends and family know about this event before it is too late!

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast