View Poll Results: Can you make it to the MC USO, HHN Night on Oct 20th?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES I will be there for dinner and the event

10 100.00%
  • I will meet up with the group after opening

2 22.22%
  • I am unsure, can I have more info?

3 33.33%
  • I am interested in an all day outing at the parks too.

8 88.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

MICECHAT NIGHTS OF HORROR - Universal Orlando HHN Night Oct 20th

Welcome to MiceChat Nights of Horror at Universal Studios ORLANDO Halloween Horror Nights.

[CENTER]
    JOIN US THURSDAY, Oct 20th
    Universal Studios Orlando Halloween Horror Nights

Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights is amazing. We attended last year and were blown away by the fantastic sets and creative concepts behind the mazes. This event isn't as gory at the Hollywood event but even larger in scope with more mazes and entertainment throughout the park.

[CENTER][LEFT][CENTER]This is a meet up event where we will all purchase our own tickets and get together for Dinner and crossover inside the park. We plan on purchasing the front of the line passes as well (since the event takes place close to Halloween on an expected busy night) so please plan for that. Everyone will be responsible to purchase their own tickets.

For those joining us for Harry Potter in the morning, we will be arriving at Islands of Adventure around 9:30am. Lunch at the Three Broomsticks at 11:30am.

We are meeting at Finnegan's Irish Pub inside Universal Studios park at 4:45 for dinner and crossover to Haunt (based on table availability).

If you'd like to join MiceChat for Potter, lunch, dinner or Haunt, please contact Dustysage

Here is a bit more information about the ALL NEW mazes coming to this year's event:

Here's your host . . . Lady Luck

She's a beauty with an attitude

Nevermore: The Madness of Poe:

"step into the mind of the iconic writer, where every turn of the page takes you closer to the brink of insanity. Each room will bring to life one of Poe's famous literary masterpieces.

The Forsaken:

Tells the story of Christopher Columbus' cursed fourth ship that was "condemned to a watery grave", but now the "mutinous and cursed crew" of that 4th ship has returned with a vengeance. This house will take you through an old forte and deep into the cursed ship itself.

H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror

This maze continues the tradition of a comedy house where you will "join creature, H.R. Bloodengutz, in his final televised broadcast as he presents a SCARE-a-thon of holiday based horror."

The Thing:

This haunted house, where "paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers in an isolated Antarctic outpost as they are infected, one by one, by a horrifying creature from another planet", will accurately recreate the sets, props and creatures found in the upcoming movie.

Saw N' Steam: Into the Machine:

This steampunk house is based in a world where all of the water on the planet has dried up. Needing steam to help power the city, once inside the Machine you will experience "spinning blades and massive, crushing pistons await you around every corner as you are forced deeper into the bowels of a mechanical nightmare."

The In-Between:

"An ominous portal reveals a 3rd dimension where all is not what it seems: a realm where our world and another collide. Surrounded by fiendish creatures, your eyes will deceive you with every step through this phantasm of terror.

Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

"As snow falls on this normally serene gothic cemetery, the deceased souls that occupy its confines have their sights set upon you, insuring that the chill you feel up your spine is more than just the cold of night."

Nightingales: Blood Prey

"Within every war, the Nightingales have appeared. Able to transform themselves to fit any setting, these savage banshees feed on the weak and helpless. Patrolling WWI era trenches, you discover that you are more than just at war.. you're being hunted."

Acid Assault Scare Zone:

"For decades now the city has been degrading from the effects of Acid Rain that still falls today, caused by factories which sprung up on the city's edges during the 20th century. Those that have lived and survived the blistering decay are all alone in the city. Survivors have stripped the city of a life to sustain their own...dare to enter the ACID ASSAULT."

Canyon of Dark Souls Scare Zone:

"Upon entering into the Canyon of Dark Souls, you will feel like a small spec of humaity as the overwhelming sense of death surrounds you. Creatures that dwell within the Canyon are not welcoming so walk slowly as to not disturb them."

Grown Evil Scare Zone:

"Enter, if you dare, into our garden where Evil grows. Nature has taken this once well manicured sanctuary back from the humans who once kept it. Now the creatures that inhabit the garden are making any human that enters their prey."

NightMaze Scare Zone Maze:

"Journey through the ever changing maze of darkness. This all black maze will morph and change as you walk through it. You will not be scared the same way twice!"

7 - Scare Zone:

"As daylight shines upon our Temptresses, their appearance, though evil, allows you the spectacle of beauty. As night falls, these seven tempresses will show their true colors and take on their true Fatal Evil forms. Beware of your own temptations."

You Luck Has Run Out Scare Zone:

"Enter if you dare into the lair of the LUCKY! Your choices will determine if you make it out alive. Witness lucks deadly wrath, will she choose you to be her next victim? "

Death Drums:

Universal is describing "Death Drums" as a "seductive, hard-hitting and raw extreme drumming experience." This show will have three performances at night and each show will be different. It will be performed in New York by the main lagoon. Light posts have already been set up for the show.

Much thanks to DisnyFan89. The Horror Nights review posted above was excerpted from the Orlando Parkhopper, for more photos and information, please check it out HERE
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-19-2011 at 06:24 AM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: MICECHAT NIGHTS OF HORROR - Universal Orlando HHN Night Oct 20th

I was blown away by how good HHN Orlando was last year. I didn't expect such a high level of detail in the mazes. In many ways, this was a highlight of haunt season for me last year. Can't wait to visit again.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Dumptruck of Information

I just walked around Universal Orlando this morning. Couple little teasers are already in place. Last years was so much fun. I can't wait for this event to come.

• Dumptruck of Information

Doesn't this get the appetite going?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Howl O Scream is better. :P

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Would love to add that to our events next year. We just ran out of time in our schedule this time around.

Please be sure to share lots of trip reports. Loved the ones you posted last year!
    Find us on Facebook:

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    LIES :-p lol
    Please pardon our dust as we gear up for an all new signature!

Never been to Universal in Florida, seems like they do a bigger event there, than in Hollywood! The event in Hollywood is always disappointing to me, especially when compared to Knott's! Knott's has 13 mazes, Universal Hollywood, has expanded to 5 this year, looking! Knott's has 5 shows, I think, and Universal Hollywood has one! They may have the Terror Tram but that is just a ride to the lower lot, where their are a couple of the 5 mazes! Last year, when I walked around the day of the event, I noticed much less decorations also! I noticed also from the entrance down to the board where they list wait times for rides and shows, NO FOG and no decorations!!! Hope they pick it up!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shipperson View Post
    Never been to Universal in Florida, seems like they do a bigger event there, than in Hollywood! The event in Hollywood is always disappointing to me, especially when compared to Knott's! Knott's has 13 mazes, Universal Hollywood, has expanded to 5 this year, looking! Knott's has 5 shows, I think, and Universal Hollywood has one! They may have the Terror Tram but that is just a ride to the lower lot, where their are a couple of the 5 mazes! Last year, when I walked around the day of the event, I noticed much less decorations also! I noticed also from the entrance down to the board where they list wait times for rides and shows, NO FOG and no decorations!!! Hope they pick it up!
    Aside from the same name "Halloween Horror Nights", Universal Hollywood and Orlando do two completely different events!

Hollywood is pure horror. It is bloody, gory and constructed to terrify. It is also built with all the skill of a movie set. These are the most detailed mazes you may ever see. There are a LOT of people out there who think of Hollywood's event as the best in the terror genera.

Orlando's event is done with the same level of skill as Hollywood but with very little of the blood and gore. There is more humor here, more scare and less terror. It is a cross between Knott's Berry Farm and Universal Hollywood. More mazes, more scare zones, more entertainment than its Hollywood sibling.

Personally, I was scared to death to visit Orlando's Horror Nights for the first time last year but ended up LOVING it and thought that it was a highlight of the haunt season for me.

They build all new mazes every year. I don't know how they do it, but I'm really impressed and can't wait to visit again this year.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Senior Minion

Spencer and I are all set to go this year, and we will also be visiting IOA early in the day as well to hit up Harry Potter (since last time we went in March it was still under construction). I am looking forward to seeing what Orlando has to offer with HHN and can't wait!

• MiceChat Travel Partner

I have never done Horror nights before--I hope I don't scream too loud

signed

nervous nelly
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

This is a meet up event where we will all purchase our own tickets and get together for Dinner and crossover to Horror Nights inside the park. We plan on purchasing the front of the line passes as well (since the event takes place close to Halloween on an expected busy night) so please plan for that. Everyone will be responsible to purchase their own tickets.

For those joining us for Harry Potter in the morning, we will be arriving at Islands of Adventure around 9:30am. Lunch at the Three Broomsticks at 11:30am.

We are meeting at Finnegan's Irish Pub inside Universal Studios park at 4:45 for dinner and crossover to Haunt (based on table availability).

If you'd like to join MiceChat for Potter, lunch, dinner or Haunt, please contact Dustysage
    Find us on Facebook: