View Poll Results: Add your name to the MC 7 Year Anniversary list (we'll send you a schedule)

Voters
390. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll Be There - Send me the schedule when available

387 99.23%

3 0.77%
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

MiceChat Seventh Anniversary: Events and Full Schedule

It seems like 7 years have flown by in a flash. Rides have opened and closed, Disney has absorbed Pixar and Marvel, Disney stars have burned brightly and then flamed out . . . but none of that history is as memorable as the many friendships which have been forged, meets, events and so many lasting relationships which had their genesis on MiceChat. Time to celebrate once again, as only we can, with an extended weekend of meets, events and fun. Whether you have been here since the beginning or have only just discovered us, you are all welcomed with open arms to enjoy as many of the events below as you'd like.

We ask that you please take note of the schedule below, so you don't miss out on all the good stuff we have planned. A few of the events require tickets, so don't delay in reserving your spot.

HOLLYWOOD KICKOFF EVENT

FRIDAY, JAN. 27th

Join your MiceChat pals for an exciting Adventure by Disney to Hollywood and the Walt Disney Studios, complete with sunset cocktail reception in Malibu Beach. Along the way, we'll get a tour of the famous Walt Disney Studios and Archives as well as lunch in the studio commissary. We'll tour the Kodak Theater (home of the Academy Awards), the El Capitan, the Jimmy Kimmel Live set and visit the Chinese Theater. The adventure wraps up with a sunset cocktail reception at Gladstone's on Malibu Beach. (ALL SEATS SOLD OUT FOR THIS EVENT) - Sponsored by Fairy Godmother Travel

DCA DAY OF PLAY

SATURDAY, JAN. 28th

9:00 am - 11:00 am

Breakfast and Book Signing with Disney Legends
    ESPN Zone
    (4 seats left!)

Meet Imagineering legend Bob Gurr, Susan Egan (Broadway's Bell and the voice of Meg from Hercules), Margaret "Tinkerbell" Kerry, Disney author Sam Gennawey, and a variety of special invited guests. We'll be treated to a breakfast buffet at the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney featuring their MiceChat famous maple bacon! Attendees will be the first to hear about big plans for MiceChat's next Gumball Rally and will be offered a discount on that highly anticipated event. Just a handful of spots left, reserve yours today in the MiceChat store: MiceChat Events Store (Powered by CubeCart). Hosted by IndianaJenn.
    12:30 pm
    Lunch in Paradise Gardens (tables closest to Goofy's Sky School).
    Dine with MiceChat royalty, Rick and Lu in DCA's fancy new dining garden. Grab a skewer or some pasta and find a seat in the tables under the trees nearest Goofy's Sky School (In the event of rain, there are covered seating areas we'll use). Hosted by Weekend Update Editor Rixter and MiceChat Senior Moderator MickeyMaxx.

2:00 pm
    Grumpy4's Marvelous Mid-Day Mania Madness (fancy photo hunt and quest)
    Meet the Grumpy one at the Sonoma Terrace at the Golden Vine Winery, in front of the Blue Sky Cellar for a FREE 90 minute quest through DCA. This one has been designed for maximum fun (for all levels of Disney geekdom). You are going to love what Grumpy4 and her partner in crime, Fishbulb, have in store for you. Prizes for the top placing individuals were sponsored by Fairy Godmother Travel, MiceChat's official travel agency.

3:30 pm

Susie P's Blue Sky Cellar Mixer (next to the Sonoma Terrace at the Golden Vine Winery)
    Grab a soda or glass of wine and join us as we inspect the Blue Sky Cellar for clues about DCA's future. Actually, this event allows us to socialize and have a good time while we are waiting on the scores from the Marvelous Mid-Day Quest. Winners and prizes for the quest will be given out between 3:45 and 4:00pm.
    4:00 pm
    Monsters, Movies and Mermaids in Wonderland
    Join MaryAnn in Wndrlnd and her husband Shocker Batman, as we explore the worlds of some of Disney's top family entertainment. We'll meet in the interior lobby of the Animation Building and then enjoy a trek through Monsters Inc, Muppet's 3D, It's Tough to be a Bug and the Little Mermaid attractions.

NOTE
    : No official dinner meet has been planned. We suggest inviting a friend or two (or perhaps even someone you've just met) to join you for a bite before the next event.

7:00 pm

Monorail Man's High in the Sky Game Show and Fireworks Reception (Park View Room at the Carousel Inn and Suites)

Thanks to our Monorail Man, MiceChat has become famous for Game Show Nights. This year, we are movin' on up to a deluxe suite in the sky at the Carousel Inn (just across the street from Disneyland on Harbor Blvd). Prizes will be sponsored by Fairy Godmother Travel with a grand prize 2 night stay at the Carousel being sponsored by the hotel. The game show will wrap up in time for an appetizer reception and Disneyland firework viewing from our perch atop the Carousel. We are limited to 60 participants for this fabulous event, so please show up well before 7pm to ensure you get in. Sponsored by Monorail Man, the Carousel Inn and Suites and Fairy Godmother Travel

DISNEYLAND CLASSIC DAY

SUNDAY, JAN. 29th

9:00 am

Riverbelle Terrace Breakfast
    For seven years, we've started our anniversaries off at the Riverbelle terrace for Breakfast. Join us as the tradition continues. Meet with friends old and new and start your day off the good old fashioned way . . . riverside with Mickey shaped pancakes. Hosted by the huggable Demigod, MiceEars Crew Member.

10:15 am
    Dusty's Disneyland Railroad Grand Circle Tour and Diversions
    We'll start and finish the expedition around Disneyland at Magnolia Park (in front of the New Orleans Train Station and next to the Haunted Mansion). We will follow up the train with a ride on the Mark Twain and perhaps another diversion before the big noon meet.

12:00 pm
    Noon Hub Meet and Grand Prize Giveaway
    The Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Partners Statue in the central hub of Disneyland (the round park in front of the Castle) has been host to hundreds of MiceAge/MiceChat meets over the years. Its classic location and sentimental statue make it the ultimate location for us to give thanks to the man who started it all, Walt Disney. Meet and greet with your friends, make new friends, and perhaps just win a really special grand prize. Fairy Godmother Travel will be giving away a 2 night stay at the Grand Californian Hotel to one lucky attendee! You don't want to miss out on this special meet!

12:30 pm

Group Picture In front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle
    JustJohn and SimplySabrina will wrangle the MiceChat mob in front of the Castle as we attempt to take one good picture (and likely lots of really bad ones). For whatever reason, taking this shot always proves to be a highlight of the weekend. We think you all really just like getting close together . . . so keep your hands to yourself! (or not).

1:00 pm
    Mama Pengy's Lunch of the Future
    Join long time Moderator, Penguinsoda, as we lunch at the Tomorrowland Terrace (behind the stage or under the Astro Orbiter). Grab lunch from wherever you'd like and meet back up with us at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Mama Pengy will be expecting you and will assist you with tables.

2:45 pm

Magnolia Park Hidden Mickey Contest
    Meet Nancy Temple Rodrigue, author of the Hidden Mickey series of adventure books, and join us for a quick trivia contest and prize giveaway. Nancy will be giving away copies of her books and at least one grand prize complete set! She'll then lead us onto the newly reopened Haunted Mansion (and Pirates too if there's time).

4:30 pm

Tiki Room Farewell with Mama and the Bot's - Let’s All Sing Like The Birdies Sing
    We'll wrap up another magical anniversary with an uplifting visit to Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. If there is a show loading when you arrive, please wait with the other MiceChatters on the lanai. We’ll remain on the patio until everyone has arrived. Now, let’s stop clucking like old hens, there’s a lot of birds waiting to go on. (Hosted by Mamabot and her baby bots.)

LOOKING FOR A ROOM?

Contact Fairy Godmother Travel today for assistance with booking your Disneyland Resort or partner hotel reservations.

THANK YOU

We'd like to thank you for joining us for MiceChat's Anniversary Weekend. Join us for a few events or the whole weekend, whatever you do, we hope you have a fantastic time. We'd also like to thank the dozens of folks on MiceChat's Special Events Crew who do so much work to create these events. We've placed the names of some of those folks in the individual meets listed above, but the crew consists of many more incredible folks, who donate so much of their time and energy to make these events happen. And, of course, we'd like to thank those wonderful sponsors who enable us to create all this magic. Thank you to our primary sponsor and all around gal Friday, Teresa Cory of Fairy Godmother Travel (book all of your Disney vacations and Cruises with Teresa!). And to the amazing folks at the ESPN Zone and at the Carousel Inn and Suites.

Until our next adventure, thank you for your support of MiceAge and MiceChat over the years. You are the world to us and we simply can't thank you enough for your support.

- Dusty, Al, Monorail Man and the MiceChat Crew

Last edited by Dustysage; 01-25-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Hollywood Tour Sold Out

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: MiceChat Seventh Anniversary: Save the date!

Seems like just yesterday I was planning my Anniversary trip of last year. For anyone who hasn't been to an Anniversary Meet, I highly recommend that you think about attending. I had a wonderful time.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Sgt. Mgr. Melfunction (:

I can't wait! I will most definitely be attending

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I made my motel ressies today!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Jimmie and I plan to be there.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread, and see how many MiceChat friends I wish I could be meeting.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

*crosses fingers* hopefully Dustin and I can make it this year *crosses fingers harder*
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Banned User

I will be present for this event, but only for a couple of functions, as Last year it was fun but a little TOO much. So this year I will say hi and then go off and do my thing.

I won't be there for the full thing, but I will for sure try to come and say hey. I only have a socal pass and am kinda broke(stupid college) but I would love to hang out with some people for a day or 2!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Awesome weegee!! We'll have a full day of events listed for Sat. and Sunday soon! Feel free to stop by at any or all of the events! Just come on up and introduce yourself to someone!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• 1 of 5DQ

We will not be able to attend the special event on Friday, January 27. Keith and I would both have to take that day off from work in addition to the Monday, January 30 (which we already are using as a travel day), in order to fit that into the schedule.

We will be at the weekend gathering at the park however. We had such a great time last year that there was no way we would miss it this year!!!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Sorry you guys can't join us Friday! It looks to be like a great tour! I AM taking Friday and Monday off of work, but then, I have time I can use and still get paid so...

But I'm glad you will get to join us for the lions share of the activities! It should be a great weekend!

• I'm wishing

:::crossing fingers::: for Friday, I am first on the wait list!

I will definitely make it for part of the weekend too!!

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

will finally for once try to go to the sunday Disneyland event

• One Little Spark...

I'll be there on the 29th. My first meet! Whoo hoo!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast