• Timelord

D23 Disneyland Off the Map Meetup March 6th 2012 (Open to all MC'ers!)

Hi everyone,

For those of you who want to know more about the D23 Disneyland Off the Map event being held on March 6th 2012 at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, please click here to visit the dedicated thread.

Otherwise, if you're here to discuss the meetup I'll be organizing, please take kick back and relax =)

Since we may not all meet up during the actual events on March 6th (due to multiple groups, not having everyone at the same table at Club 33, etc.) I'll be organizing a meetup for AFTER the Off the Map event ends and the park closes.

This meetup is open to all!,
    but it would be great if everyone who attended the Off the Map event showed up, as I'm sure some of us will meet for at least a few minutes during the day, and this will give us a more casual time to chat and relax after the busy day.

Please feel free to come up with suggestions as to which restaurant/bar/hotel you'd like to meetup at, and we can come to a consensus and finalize a guest list so I can make a reservation.

Both parks close at 8pm on March 6th, and our event will end "at approximately 9pm", so keep this in mind as well when coming up with meetup suggestions =)

Confirmed list of attendees to the Off the Map Event:

• Isny
    • Jaren
    • Disney_Leonard
    • DisneyAmy
    • JulieMouse
    • MaconMouse
    • Caspian
    • MrDuck
    • mcow1
    • WDI33
    • curiousliloyster

Confirmed list of attendees to meetup on the night of March 6th:

• Isny
    • Caspian
    Last edited by isny; 02-20-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Re: D23 Disneyland Off the Map Meetup March 6th 2012 (Open to all MC'ers!)

DH and I wont be able to meet up after, even though I would love to. My sister will be watching our boys that day (At the park) and I am sure they will need to go back to the condo and sleep.

• Disney Trains and Trivia!

Wink Re: D23 Disneyland Off the Map Meetup March 6th 2012 (Open to all MC'ers!)

Im sorry I will not be able to attend the after party. My parents will be watching my kids. Because it is on a week night I need to be home so they can goto school the next day.

I am 95% sure it is club 33 because the park closes at 8 and the event closes at 9. Last time my wife and I attended club 33 we got out an hour after the park closed.

I am looking forward in meeting you all during the event and dinner.
    We should have a code word for fun for our mice chatter friends... how about "Walt sent me!"?

"The only thing better than Disneyland is Disneyland at night!"
    Jaren

• 'Ohana means family...

I'm up to a meetup. Maybe hearthstone or traders sam's?

LD

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
    I'm up to a meetup. Maybe hearthstone or traders sam's?

LD
    I was thinking Trader Sam's as well, but the problem with Sam's is that it doesn't work well for big groups. I guess it will more depend on how many people can show =)

Added your name to confirmed attendees for the meet Caspian, also added MrDuck to the list of confirmed attendees to the Off the Map event.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

We'll be at the Off the Map event. However the next day is a work day so a meet up afterwards is very unlikely
    Mike

• shaping tomorrow

A meet up would be nice, but the wife and I will have to play it by ear as it is a work night so if I did join in I would definitely have to join for a very limited time.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by mrduck View Post
    A meet up would be nice, but the wife and I will have to play it by ear as it is a work night so if I did join in I would definitely have to join for a very limited time.
    Even if it's just for one drink it would be nice to meet up with as many as possible, as we probably won't have much time to meet during the day if we're broken up into 6+ groups. It's unfortunate that this event is on a weekday/weeknight, it would have been nice to meet up with more MC'ers =)

If there are truly just a handful of us meeting up, I'd say Trader Sam's would indeed probably be the best location. Do they accept reservations in advance at all?

My husband and I will be at the Off the Map event--would love to meet up with you all afterwards. I will need to check with hubby to see if he has already made plans with his friends.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by curiousliloyster View Post
    My husband and I will be at the Off the Map event--would love to meet up with you all afterwards. I will need to check with hubby to see if he has already made plans with his friends.
    Whenever you find out if you can attend just let me know, the more the merrier =)

• Timelord

Well, since we're a week out now, and since there isn't much interest in this due to it being on a weeknight I'll go ahead and finalize the details now to ensure people have enough notice to make plans.

Trader Sam's sounds like a good place for the meetup, and the D23 event is supposed to end around 9pm, so meeting up between 9:30-10:00 should be easy enough for anyone who wants to attend. That gives everyone a large enough window to show up.

If anyone has any questions or concerns between now and March 6th please feel free to PM me or leave a post here. =)
    Last edited by isny; 03-19-2012 at 03:31 PM.