View Poll Results: Will you join us for the lunacy?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm crazy and will be there the full 24 hours!

29 49.15%
  • I can join for the day!

5 8.47%
  • I'll be there in the afternoon and evening!

18 30.51%
  • I'm a night owl and will join you after Midnight!

18 30.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool re: Monorail Man's Leap Year Lunacy! Spend a full 24 hours at our longest meet ever!

I'll be rolling solo, so I expect to talk with some folks between this and a couple of other meets out there. Not sure if I'm in for the full tilt or will go for a nap, but you'll probably see me at some point. The 12 hours of night is the part of all this that appeals to me the most.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

re: Monorail Man's Leap Year Lunacy! Spend a full 24 hours at our longest meet ever!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeChat View Post
    I will have my FRS Radio with me tuned to channel 7. If anyone else has one, bring it. If you don't have one, get one, they're awesome.
    Triple check that's 462.7125 - there's always one radio maker that has to change something. And pick a PL Tone other than the default too, that'll cut the collateral chatter a lot if we don't want to leave it on Squelch Only. (NO Digital PL, the older radios won't do it.)

I'll be there, but I don't know if I'm up to the Full Monty without borrowing the "Clockwork Orange" eye-clamps. That, and if something urgent happens at work and has to override the daytime portion...

Think good thoughts. I'll get down there somehow.

I haven't pulled a true All-Nighter like that for ~15 years, the last time I drove a Follow Vehicle for the LAPRAC Baker to Vegas Relay Race. Oh, the stories... But that's another thread.

--<< Bruce >>--

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

re: Monorail Man's Leap Year Lunacy! Spend a full 24 hours at our longest meet ever!

We're packing this weekend - leaving on a jet plane Tuesday. We booked our hotel right across the street from the main entrance. Thought if we didn't, by the end of our 24hour stint, we might not find our way back to a hotel farther away.

We don't care too much about the freebie ears, but will probably line up around 4 -5am because we really want to have our feet on park grounds at 6am, just to be able to say we were in the park for a full 24 hours.

So excited!! Continue doing happy dances every chance I get!

"Like" https://www.facebook.com/BullseyeOnAStick . . . . this is our personal blog page for our Disney trip. Look for Bullseye On A Stick while at the park!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

If I'm there in time then yes I'll wait for the freebie ears. Otherwise... it ain't no thang. It's more like bragging rights huh? I wish it had a better design though.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Super Genius

Re: Monorail Man's Leap Year Lunacy! Spend a full 24 hours at our longest meet ever!

My radios don't have the PL Tone (aka "quiet codes") it was the best I could get for $10. But the frequency is 462.7125 I checked it using the close call function of my scanner.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Re: Monorail Man's Leap Year Lunacy! Spend a full 24 hours at our longest meet ever!

I'll have to play hooky from college, but I'll be there as early as the buses and Green Line will get me.

---------- Post added 02-27-2012 at 05:16 PM ----------
    Last edited by Not My Real Name; 02-27-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I can't wait! Looks like Disneyland has finally announced the 1AM Fantasmic!, some special food, and a great night!

We'll still meet at the times planned above, and don't forget to find me at some time in the night to get a special MiceChat Leap Year Lunacy button!
    -Monorail Man

• AP Holder. Disney Freak

Ive never meet up with you MiceChatters so im definitely planning on meeting up with you guys. I will be there the full 24 hrs and plan on being in line at midnight so I can get those LE ears. Im saving the number in my phone right now. See ya Wednesday

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

They've announced a Late series of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies shows on the Official Disney Parks Blog for the 29th - Somewhere in the 11 PM to 4 AM area.

And yes, the Billies are normally Dark on Tue and Wed, but now that the Miner 49ers are shut down they could easily bring in another set of brothers (Duane, Arshag, Dave, Rick, Anders, Kevin, etc...) and do a Daytime series of shows at the regular times too. The talent pool is ocean deep there.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Disneyland Nut

Oh, my. This sounds awesome, but I swear I'm not 21 anymore and don't think I could hang.

Have fun you land lovers!

see ya'll at midnight

On my way down now by train.
    Will stay full 24 hours. Getting park hopper. Figuring out what meets to do. Have some set plans already. Can I just show up to a meet?

• I'm wishing

I so wish I could do the 24 hours inside the park thing, it would look good on that "Disneyland Resume" I keep in my head! Unfortunately, I must work and absolutely cannot get out of it on the morning of the 29th. I was looking like I would have to work the morning of the 1st as well, but now I think I'm free for that morning.

It's great to see that several newbies will be joining us for their very first MiceChat Meets! It's a great group, do not be afraid to join everyone and introduce yourself!! I will see you all in the overnight hours!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    On my way down now by train.
    Will stay full 24 hours. Getting park hopper. Figuring out what meets to do. Have some set plans already. Can I just show up to a meet?

Just show up!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by MsMandy View Post
    Oh, my. This sounds awesome, but I swear I'm not 21 anymore and don't think I could hang.

Have fun you land lovers!
    I'll be 39 (doesn't feel like it though) this June. Staying the whole 24 hours & coming solo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast