Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally - May 19, 2012 - Sign Up Today

Sore feet are why some of us camp out at the jacuzzi during the after party!

• Mr. IncrediBall

Yes everything (and I do mean Everything) will hurt on your body as you push yourself to the limit, but you won't care because your are going to be having the most fun you have had in the park in a long time and a Ton of Mice Chatter cheering you on and having fun right along with you. It's an awesome community with people you won't forget.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone that can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

My wife and I signed up... first time this year. We really were looking forward to it last year, but we didn't know the exact date, until after we sent out our wedding invites. We were married on May 15th 2011, so we couldn't make it... but we knew our "anniversary" would have to be spent at the rally.... can't wait to see all the teams...
    We're already working on the uniforms!

Does the Gumball Rally just take place in Disneyland or will California Adventure also be included?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SunolMouse View Post
    Does the Gumball Rally just take place in Disneyland or will California Adventure also be included?
    It hasn't been confirmed yet and we've done both parks before, but I'm pretty sure this year will be Disneyland only for 2 reasons. First, I believe at the anniversary there was mention of this being a "classic" rally, and secondly, with all the construction I think it might be too much.

However, I might be wrong, and others know more than I do might chime it, but that's my guess.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

After doing the 2 park rally I don't know how a 1 park rally would work. Wouldn't it be easier?

We just found out from a friend about the Gumball Rally on May 19th. It just so happens we will be in Orange moving our daughter out of her dorm and celebrating my 50th birthday, her completion of first year of college, and our younger daughters 16th birthday that weekend at Disneyland. What a perfect way to celebrate. This is our first time participating in the Gumball Rally but sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    After doing the 2 park rally I don't know how a 1 park rally would work. Wouldn't it be easier?
    You'd be surprised!

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Doing a 2-person team, this year. We're signing up tomorrow morning
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• An Old Handbag

Thank you all for the encouragement. I am no stranger to Disneyland. I worked there for a spell in college and for some reason, I STILL go to the parks every few weeks. My last time doing a marathon day wasn't that long ago.

I hear there are questions, too? I'm intrigued!!!!!

We have a team logo in the process of being designed. And we have hats.

I do have a question on the no cell-phone thing. Are we allowed to post photo-updates to Facebook during the day or is this frowned upon? I assume that if I am on-call for work, I can just check in with a an Official MiceChatter and do my business in front of them. I mean, handle my work call.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    Thank you all for the encouragement. I am no stranger to Disneyland. I worked there for a spell in college and for some reason, I STILL go to the parks every few weeks. My last time doing a marathon day wasn't that long ago.

I hear there are questions, too? I'm intrigued!!!!!

We have a team logo in the process of being designed. And we have hats.

I do have a question on the no cell-phone thing. Are we allowed to post photo-updates to Facebook during the day or is this frowned upon? I assume that if I am on-call for work, I can just check in with a an Official MiceChatter and do my business in front of them. I mean, handle my work call.
    Last year, the only time cell phones were allowed were in front of the spotters in designated cell phone areas, including uploading pictures. There is no official word on what the cell phone policy will be this year, but my guess would be the same.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    Not necessarily. When we have a 2-Park Gumball Rally, there are less required attractions in each park. Conversely, when it's a Disneyland 'Classic" it means that we'll be including much more of what Disneyland has to offer. The fun part about that, is that it really does require a tremendous amount of strategy (and luck) to finish the event in the allotted time. The rewarding thing about a Disneyland Classic rally is that it gives folks the opportunity to see if they can actually hit (almost) every attraction at Disneyland in one day. It's very challenging and loads of fun for the participants. Everyone has a blast!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Not necessarily. When we have a 2-Park Gumball Rally, there are less required attractions in each park. Conversely, when it's a Disneyland 'Classic" it means that we'll be including much more of what Disneyland has to offer. The fun part about that, is that it really does require a tremendous amount of strategy (and luck) to finish the event in the allotted time. The rewarding thing about a Disneyland Classic rally is that it gives folks the opportunity to see if they can actually hit (almost) every attraction at Disneyland in one day. It's very challenging and loads of fun for the participants. Everyone has a blast!
    Everything in both parks this year!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Everything in both parks this year!
    NO. This year is a Classic Rally. It will be Disneyland only. But it will include some exciting twists!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Talking Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally - May 19, 2012 - Sign Up Today

A Classic rally with twists! I can't wait to see what Dusty and Company have in store for us. I think it's time to start practicing. See you all at Disneyland.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast