Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Barbaraann's Noon Meet Marathon

Well I didn't know what else to call it. So I am calling it: Barbaraann's Noon Meet Marathon

Anyway, since my next vacation doesn't include a Sunday, I won't be able to do a normal Sunday MiceChat Meet like I have in the past. So instead, I thought I'd post this instead.

I will be in Disneyland on

Tuesday, May 29th

Wednesday, May 30th

Thursday May 31st

Friday, June the first.

I figured that each day of my four day vacation, I would stop by the Hub at Noon, and maybe just maybe, I can meet a few MiceChatters. If not, I will at least get to sit with Goofy, rest my feet, and perhaps take a few photos.

So if any of you are going to be in Disneyland on any of these days, stop by and I'd love to meet you.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Noon Meet Marathon

I remember my very first MiceChat Meet. That was back in 2006. MiceChatters usually gather close to the Goofy statue. I am proud to say that on that Sunday years ago, I got to meet our very fine leader Dustysage. He was kind enough to pose with Goofy and me for this photo. So, if you see a lady, a wee bit older than this one, stop buy and say hello.

• formerly very helpful

I'm sorry I won't be able to be at the parks those days, but I'll be there in spirit. Take a couple of rides on the Haunted Mansion for me! Have a blast.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I'm sorry I won't be able to be at the parks those days, but I'll be there in spirit. Take a couple of rides on the Haunted Mansion for me! Have a blast.
    I love the Haunted Mansion, and I will think of you when I ride it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I see by the Disneyland calendar, that there is different entertainment going on at the parks at the Golden Horseshoe besides just Bill Hill and the Hillbillies. I am hoping to see them, and also The Laughing Stock. The Golden Horseshoe is always a fun place at Disneyland.

I need to sit down and do a little planning for my four days. Not a minute by minute schedule, but just a rough schedule of all that I hope to see in the way of shows, parades, fireworks, etc: That way, I am sure not to miss anything that I am hoping to see.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My vacation is just 10 days away. I see that ticket prices are going up tomorrow. I presently have in my possession a 4 day parkhopper that I plan to start using on May the 29th. I haven't decided if I want to do Magic Morning on my very first day, or if I should wait until the Thursday of my trip.

I told my friend today about the ticket price increase, and he said that he is glad that his son is still 3. I said that he better hurry up and get to the parks, before that 4th birthday. They are both excited about the opening of Carsland.

I have been watching the weather and I suppose that I should pack shorts for the day, and perhaps a pair of jeans for the evening along with a sweatshirt.

It's almost time for me to get the suitcase down from the closet shelf, and to start putting stuff in it, so I don't forget anything important.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I cleared off all my memory cards today. I like to use a different card for each day of my vacation. It makes it easier when I get home, and want to do a report, or work on a scrapbook page.

I always wear my 2005 nametag when I am in the park. It says Barbara Ann on it. I got it during the big 50th Disneyland celebration. I really do look like a tourist with all my paraphernalia around my neck. I wear my tiny camera bag there so my camera is always ready.

I remember when I used to be shy. Now, I am a little more outgoing, and since I really do love MiceChat, I am hoping to possibly get the chance to say hello to some MiceChatters when I am at the park.

I remember when I was a brand new MiceChatter in 2005, and I missed the Noon Meet, on July 17, 2005 because I was standing in that dreaded pin line. I went home from that first vacation having only bumped into one other person from MiceChat, and she noticed my nametag, and the special hat that I was wearing at the time.

I apologize for my rambling.

That's not rambling - that's trip excitement! Have a wonderful time. I'd come say hello but I'm at work during the week
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    That's not rambling - that's trip excitement! Have a wonderful time. I'd come say hello but I'm at work during the week
    Yes, I must say that I am excited. I keep thinking that in a week, I will be 1/2 way across the country all ready to start a fantastic vacation.

• sleepy lagoon

Aw! That's a cute pic of you and Dusty.

I am so looking forward to your visit! But I admit, I am a bit scared of your camera.... I dread picture taking; I'm so not photogenic. Nor have I ever been good at taking pictures of anything. I think that is why I enjoy your scrapbooks so much.

Isn't the anticipation of a Disneyland trip great?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Aw! That's a cute pic of you and Dusty.

I am so looking forward to your visit! But I admit, I am a bit scared of your camera.... I dread picture taking; I'm so not photogenic. Nor have I ever been good at taking pictures of anything. I think that is why I enjoy your scrapbooks so much.

Isn't the anticipation of a Disneyland trip great?
    I try and be considerate of people's wishes, and ask that they smile for the camera. That makes the best pictures after all.

Dusty is the sweetest man ever, and I am so grateful to him for starting MiceChat all those years ago.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am hoping that I will be able to use my iPad in the hotel that I am staying at. If I am, I might have the time to do a small amount of posting on MiceChat, at night and in the early morning, while I am on vacation. I did this on my last vacation in the RCMC thread during the Anniversary Meet in 2011, and that was fun.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My vacation officially starts next Tuesday. Monday I arrive too late to make it worth the money to go into the parks. So Tuesday morning I have decided to be at the park when it opens at 8 a.m. It is an early entry day, but I have decided to do that on Thursday instead...This way, I can take my time making my way down Main Street. I can ride the train, which has become a tradition of mine to do that on my first day in the park. It will be nice to just take my time, impulsively doing whatever I want until my first Noon Meet.

• sleepy lagoon

Me and the kids are going to try and make it to the parks prolly around 1pm on Tuesday too, cuz my Mom and her husband will be there. Maybe we'll run into you.

You may be sick of me by the time the week is through, lol.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Me and the kids are going to try and make it to the parks prolly around 1pm on Tuesday too, cuz my Mom and her husband will be there. Maybe we'll run into you.

You may be sick of me by the time the week is through, lol.
    It's been a long time since I have spent time at Disneyland with kids. They put a marvelous perspective on things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast