• D'land Visitor since '57

Exclamation Don't forget to bring to gumball ...

As I am packing for my trip South I remembered to pack something very important:

How many of you still have (and still know how to read) an old-fashioned wristwatch? You should bring it, because since cell phones are not allowed for the Gumball Rally, the usual method for telling time for many of you has been taken away.

So ... REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR WRISTWATCH!

(And instructions on how to use it ...)
    Last edited by lctom1; 05-17-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

Re: Don't forget to bring to gumball ...

Quote Originally Posted by lctom1 View Post
    REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR WRISTWATCH!
    Oh. And here I thought you were going to remind everyone to bring their sunglasses. (They'll certainly NEED them when they get a look at our shirts!)
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

haha - I remember last year having to run out to Target the night before since I didn't own a watch. I ended up with some terrible rubbery thing that looked like the watches I had when I was 10 years old...so yea, don't forget one!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Love it!

I just added "create a packing list" to my Rally To Do List. I will get to packing tomorrow.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

My battery is dead, oops.

• Mr. IncrediBall

As I am packing for my trip South I remembered to pack something very important:

How many of you still have (and still know how to read) an old-fashioned wristwatch? You should bring it, because since cell phones are not allowed for the Gumball Rally, the usual method for telling time for many of you has been taken away.

So ... REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR WRISTWATCH!

(And instructions on how to use it ...)
    PSST.... The point of the rally is to win and not give away all your Good IDEAS!!!!!
    What are you going to tell them next, Don't forget to eat?!?! Sheesh....
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone that can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by Foreboding Aura View Post
    PSST.... The point of the rally is to win and not give away all your Good IDEAS!!!!!
    What are you going to tell them next, Don't forget to eat?!?! Sheesh....
    You are right, of course. Eating is very important to a good Rally strategy. I recommend a good midday meal, preferably at a nice sit-down restaurant like the Blue Bayou or Napa Rose. Take your time - enjoy.
    Last edited by lctom1; 05-18-2012 at 04:21 AM.
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

• Mr. IncrediBall

You are right, of course. Eating is a very important to a good Rally strategy. I recommend a good midday meal, preferably at a nice sit-down restaurant like the Blue Bayou or Napa Rose. Take your time - enjoy.
    I was going to go to The Cheesecake factory for lunch, but that's not on your list of places to go. Now my plan is completely thrown off!!
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone that can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

• Mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Foreboding Aura View Post
    Seriously! I bought a watch from amazon last week just for the event. It's digital and shiny. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle 12 hours without my iPhone--going to have major withdrawals.

I also agree that getting a filling meal is important, despite our team name. I suggest that you leave the park and walk to Rainforest Cafe. Order an appetizer, entree and desserts. And drink heavily too.

I also heard that there are secret bonus points for riding the omnibus 25 times in a row.

• Mr. IncrediBall

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Cheesy View Post
    Seriously! I bought a watch from amazon last week just for the event. It's digital and shiny. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle 12 hours without my iPhone--going to have major withdrawals.

I also agree that getting a filling meal is important, despite our team name. I suggest that you leave the park and walk to Rainforest Cafe. Order an appetizer, entree and desserts. And drink heavily too.
    Yes, last year was a majorly difficult with out the iPhone. I had to chew gum constantly an carry around a brick to fill the habit of holding a phone. They need to make a iPhone patch some how...

Umm.... When am I not drinking heavily??? Karen Walker aint got nothin' on me!!