Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Meet Imagineering Legend Bob Gurr - Book Signing and Lunch - June 30, 2012

One of our all time favorite Disney Imagineers is Bob Gurr, father of the Monorail, Autopia, Matterhorn, and just about every Disney attraction with wheels. He's a true legend and an all around nice guy. And lucky for us, there is a limited opportunity for you to grab a copy of his new book and join him for lunch at the Anabella Hotel (just behind DCA and next to the Anaheim Convention Center) on June 30th.

We've just learned that the limited collectors edition (the red edition) of Bob's book, Design Just For Fun, has now sold out. BUT we've got 100 copies saved for you. The last 100 red collectors edition copies available are exclusive to those attending this event!!!

Bob plans to share some wonderful tales, answer attendee questions, and meet with everyone to sign their book!

Bob Gurr + Lunch + Fantastic Stories + Last Copies Of An Amazing Book = A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity!
    Last edited by Dustysage; 06-07-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Meet Imagineering Legend Bob Gurr - Book Signing and Lunch - June 30, 2012

keep us 'remoters' in mind if you have any books left over. I would love to buy a signed copy of the book, but for obvious reasons can't make the lunch!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    keep us 'remoters' in mind if you have any books left over. I would love to buy a signed copy of the book, but for obvious reasons can't make the lunch!
    You can buy a signed copy of the book direct from Bob Gurr's website: Home

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    You can buy a signed copy of the book direct from Bob Gurr's website: Home
    The red edition (signed limited edition) is sold out.. even from his site.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Question.... can we park in the Anabella's parking lot, or do we have to park in the Convention Center lot and walk over?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Question.... can we park in the Anabella's parking lot, or do we have to park in the Convention Center lot and walk over?
    There will be plenty of parking available for us at the Anabella during the event!
    Find us on Facebook:

• Disneyland Fan

I don't see any specifics about this event, what time is this meet with Bob Gurr?
    Have a nice day,
    Robert - rj1980

Does every attendee need a copy of the book?

As a family of 3, we would consider doing this if we could do one book+lunch and two lunch-only units.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

There is an option for lunch only. I don't think there is any issue with that at all!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    There is an option for lunch only. I don't think there is any issue with that at all!
    I saw the lunch-only option but it said:
    THIS OPTION IS FOR LUNCH ONLY. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A
    COPY OF BOB's NEW BOOK TO GAIN ENTRY.

So I was hoping for an official verdict on whether the book requirement applied on a per person or per group/party basis....

As it turns out we may be leaving Anaheim by lunch time so it may not work with our schedule.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Um.... guess we'll have to wait for official word from Dusty. Because I was going to buy 1 lunch with the book and one lunch only since I'm dragging my daughter with me and between us we don't need two books either. But I'm pretty sure that if you are part of a group the "group" would only need to purchase one book, then the others would only have to buy their lunch....

• Disneyland Fan

Red Face Re: Meet Imagineering Legend Bob Gurr - Book Signing and Lunch - June 30, 2012

Strange: When I bought book on Friday, June 6th, there was only book option for $65 and no mention of the event, now I see event offering book w/lunch option, and lunch only option, and no book only option.

I guess I'll buy lunch now.
    Have a nice day,
    Robert - rj1980

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brettb View Post
    I saw the lunch-only option but it said:
    THIS OPTION IS FOR LUNCH ONLY. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A
    COPY OF BOB's NEW BOOK TO GAIN ENTRY.

So I was hoping for an official verdict on whether the book requirement applied on a per person or per group/party basis....

As it turns out we may be leaving Anaheim by lunch time so it may not work with our schedule.
    This is a book signing event, so we do need every party to have at least one book to be signed. Space is limited to just about as many seats as we have books available for sale.

However, if one member of your party buys the book, you can purchase the lunch only option for the other members of your party.

Due to space limitations, we are trying to avoid folks signing up who aren't also interested in the book or signing.

If anyone needs more than one book, they may contact me. Since the collectors edition is now sold out everywhere else, we have the last remaining copies of the RED collectors edition!
    Find us on Facebook:

• Team Hail HYDRA

I would go but mine is the red collectors copy I preordered at he micechat bday
    and dusty please accept my friend measege

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I would go but mine is the red collectors copy I preordered at he micechat bday
    That's why we created the luncheon only option (without the book), so you can still come spend time with Bob and have him sign your book that you already own. Hope you'll be able to join us!
    Find us on Facebook:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast