Hi all,

I saw the following by Sue Kruse back in March and bought a ticket thinking that some of my Disney friends would probably be there too...before realizing that it was also CarsLand and BVS opening day!!! So now I'm wondering...anyone else going?

Julie

From Sue:
I also want to mention a tour that’ll take place in the future so you can all plan ahead because I know Knott’s Berry Farm fans are going to really want to take part in this one and space is limited. The Orange County Historical Society is hosting its annual dinner at Knott’s and the fete includes what is sure to be a magical tour filled with lots of interesting historical anecdotes — all that and you get to hear Eric Lynxwiler speak. Trust me, nothing could be more entertaining than that. Eric is a wealth of knowledge and he delivers it in the most agreeable fashion:

The history of Knott's Berry Farm will be the theme of the Orange County Historical Society’s 2012 annual dinner, to be held at Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant, on Friday, June 15th. Featured speaker, Eric Lynxwiler, co-author of the book, Knott’s Preserved, will share the Farm's colorful history and will debunk a number of myths along the way.
In addition, the Orange County Archives will present never-before-seen film footage from Knott's past. Also, a walking tour of Knott's 1920 and 1930 history will be offered by Orange County historian Phil Brigandi at 5:00 PM for those who are interested (reservations for tour are required and space is limited).
The Orange County Historical Society’s Annual Dinner costs $30.00 for members and $35.00 for Nonmembers which includes tax and tip. Western attire is encouraged but not required. Reservations are a must, so please RSVP by June 5, 2012. Walk-ins will not be accepted. (Note that although the tour is free, you will need to sign-up for the tour when you purchase your dinner tickets.) For more information or to purchase tickets, visit this link.