View Poll Results: Will you be joining us for the MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Haunt Spooktacular on 9.22

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!!! Let me know the minute tix go on sale!

51 80.95%
  • Sounds great but I need more info.

12 19.05%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
    • Wanted in Monstropolis

Re: MiceChat's KNOTT'S SCARY FARM 40th Anniversary HALLOWEEN HAUNT SPOOCTACULAR 9.22.

I knew you'd be on top of it, Fishbulb! You're our Halloween Hero!

Re: MiceChat's KNOTT'S SCARY FARM 40th Anniversary HALLOWEEN HAUNT SPOOCTACULAR 9.22.

Yay hopefully that means "Trapped" as an option for those who want it. I just hope we know before everything goes on sale so we know about "Trapped"

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's the 'Trapped Maze'

•   
    • Wanted in Monstropolis

It's a VIP reservation only maze where only 6 will go through the maze at a time.
    From the Knott's Scary Farm Facebook page.....
    Trapped - The VIP Maze

An experience like no other ever offered before at Knott's Scary Farm. You and up to 5 of your friends will enter Trapped...and you will be on your own the entire journey. No other guests to help you. No screams to tell you what's around the corner. The monsters know you're coming and can't wait to terrorize you.

This is a one-of-a-kind terror trip that you'll never forget.

How will you escape? Can you escape? You'll have to experience Trapped for yourself.

Trapped - NEW for Scary Farm 2012.

Reservations for Trapped will begin when Haunt tickets go on sale in August. You can make your Reservation when you arrive at Haunt but we strongly recommend that you take advantage of our pre-sale system. Trapped will sell out and you don't want to be left out....

Trapped - PRE-SALE RESERVATION
    $60.00 for up to 6 people. Put a group of 6 together and it's only $10 each. Or make a Reservation for just you and your date. Either way it's only $60.00 if you plan ahead.

Trapped - NIGHT OF HAUNT RESERVATION (if available)
    $75.00 for up to 6 people.

You must have someone at least 17 years of age with your group to enter Trapped.

Sorry, no refunds for any reason.

Let the madness begin......

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Ohh, how interesting! That sounds like fun! Too bad I most likely won't be doing it since the GF is deathly afraid of Haunt and will DIE if we did the 'Trapped' maze. I don't even know if I'll be able to convince her to go to Haunt in the first place :[

Another question! Is the 'Trapped' maze going to be like one of those interactive mazes that you have to do things in order to continue through the maze? I've always wanted to go to one of those type of mazes and by the title of the maze, kind of sounds like it might be interactive.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

This just in, Knott's has announced the return of the Green Witch for Haunt's 40th

Scared much?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

I love the way it feels like KSF is returning to it's roots! Hoping for a stellar year. If anyone is on the fence about going to this event, let me make it easy for you. Last year was amazing! I do not know how Fishbulb gets all of the perks he is able to get for us, but the whole night was a blast and Knott's makes us feel like VIP's.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

If you have not been to Knott's Scary Farm, or not with MiceChat when you did go...you're missing out! We have so much fun, and for what you get you just can't beat the price! I am definitely going again!

• Hukuna Matata!

Count me in for anything and everything.

• Doombuggy Rider

for the 1st time (& I've been going to Knott's Scary Farm every year since 1986) I will be able to attend in September (yes, I'll be traveling from Las Vegas, NV). I would <3 to meet up with my fellow Halloween Haunt Fans ...

Yes, this means taking a break from Disneyland's Trick-or-Treat (too expensive for my budget, lines were still too long in some places for photo ops, & I don't think it's fair to charge theme park guests extra - especially when they're coming from out-of-state & Team Anaheim isn't offering the same Discounts that Knott's Berry Farm will) ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    for the 1st time (& I've been going to Knott's Scary Farm every year since 1986) I will be able to attend in September (yes, I'll be traveling from Las Vegas, NV). I would <3 to meet up with my fellow Halloween Haunt Fans ...

Yes, this means taking a break from Disneyland's Trick-or-Treat (too expensive for my budget, lines were still too long in some places for photo ops, & I don't think it's fair to charge theme park guests extra - especially when they're coming from out-of-state & Team Anaheim isn't offering the same Discounts that Knott's Berry Farm will) ...

C J

Hey Darkamor! WELCOME!!! The MiceChat Halloween Haunt meet is my favorite thing all year and I am so happy you will be joining us on September 22nd! You need anything just let us know
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Doombuggy Rider

p.s.

I'm waiting to see who gets uber creative @ Knott's Scary Farm this year (they lost a great artist -
    David Ortiz - to Disneyland & David Ortiz is such a fantastic artist that I hope his magic is put to use throughout the year during Team Anaheim's Seasonal Events)...

Knott's has some fantastic & creative Staff who always impress me (The Hanging every single year
    is always a clever show - often outdoing the Bill & Ted Show @ Universal) ...

CJ

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 204); ">

---------- Post added 07-21-2012 at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    Hey Darkamor! WELCOME!!! The MiceChat Halloween Haunt meet is my favorite thing all year and I am so happy you will be joining us on September 22nd! You need anything just let us know
    Thank You Fishbulb - it will be great to check into the Courtyard Marriott in Buena Park (just up the street from Knott's on Beach Blvd) & then prepare to have fun with a group of enthusiastic Scary Farm Fans ....

An encouraging suggestion to 1st Time Attendees to the Halloween Haunt - if you admire all the attention to detail (sets, costumes, make up effects, animatronics) then you will not be scared ... you'll be too busy going "wow!" all night long ....

p.s.

& it doesn't hurt to take in Ed Alonzo's Show (plenty of laughs)

C J

•   
    • Wanted in Monstropolis

<<An encouraging suggestion to 1st Time Attendees to the Halloween Haunt - if you admire all the attention to detail (sets, costumes, make up effects, animatronics) then you will not be scared ... you'll be too busy going "wow!" all night long ....>>

You will definitely have a new appreciation for the mazes after we take a lights on tour of a maze as we've done the past couple of years. Also, last year we took a tour of make-up and costuming. Amazing how the artists transform so many scare monsters in such a short period of time!

---------- Post added 07-22-2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post

p.s.

& it doesn't hurt to take in Ed Alonzo's Show (plenty of laughs)
    Personally, I prefer Alonzo's show to the current spoof Hanging. As a long time Haunt goer, I am soo excited that they are going back to their roots. I remember when the Hanging was really a witch hanging and am looking forward to it this year.

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by ntz4bbl View Post
    You will definitely have a new appreciation for the mazes after we take a lights on tour of a maze as we've done the past couple of years. Also, last year we took a tour of make-up and costuming. Amazing how the artists transform so many scare monsters in such a short period of time!
    Personally, I prefer Alonzo's show to the current spoof Hanging. As a long time Haunt goer, I am soo excited that they are going back to their roots. I remember when the Hanging was really a witch hanging and am looking forward to it this year.

Thank you for Sharing, ntz4bbl

I'm hoping these Maze Tours will allow for photo ops (I <3 all the Monsters, I <3 all the work that goes into creating Knott's Scary Farm & I <3 to document it) & I can't wait to take a tour through the back warehouse where the operation begins ...

I caught the last 2 years of ELVIRA's Show @ Knott's Berry Farm (2001 / 2002) & was so bummed when Cedar Fair decided not to renew her contract - but I was not disappointed that they gave magician ED ALONZO the Charles M Schulz Theatre gig (his show is better then most of the shows you see on the Las Vegas Strip - in my opinion) & that 1st year with "Ghouls Gone Wild" was very clever ....

Although THE HANGING has done a top notch job of lampooning pop culture (2010's lampooning of DCA's World of Colour Fountain was a lol-fest), it has suffered from being less graphic - & it really suffered (in my opnion) when Knott's Berry Farm lost the license to use both the Crypt Keeper & Freddie Krueger (fans missed the equal parts sarcasm and grand guignol). I DO remember THE WITCH (who can forget such an iconic character?), but I also remember THE GYPSY (I wish they would bring back this character, too). I also remember how most of Knott's Scary Farm was more fog shrouded with the lights toned down (it was very easy to get lost & chased by Monsters - which I didn't mind) ....

C J

Hi All,

I just found MiceChat and signed up. I am really looking forward to going to KSF with all of you. I've been going since the first one in 1973. And the only ones I've missed were the ones hosted by Wolfman Jack (I believe 1975 thru 1980). For years now my wife, best friend and I have atended KSF at least 3 times a year. I've tried USHHN and it was great. But KSF will always be #1 in my heart. We will be attending KSF both Friday the 21st and the 22nd with all of you. We will definitely be signing up for the Trapped VIP maze.

I look forward to meeting you all on the 22nd.

Take care!

Joe

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast