View Poll Results: Will you be joining us for the MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Haunt Spooktacular on 9.22

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!!! Let me know the minute tix go on sale!

51 80.95%
  • Sounds great but I need more info.

12 19.05%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: MiceChat's KNOTT'S SCARY FARM 40th Anniversary HALLOWEEN HAUNT SPOOCTACULAR 9.22.

Whew! Glad we got our tickets to TRAPPED! Looks like they are all sold out!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: MiceChat's KNOTT'S SCARY FARM 40th Anniversary HALLOWEEN HAUNT SPOOCTACULAR 9.22.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage View Post
    Hay guys! Its been a LONG LONG time since I last posted or did a meet. I moved to Seattle for a job, so visiting Disneyland or Knotts became a lot more difficult. I visit Miceage very often to get my "Disney fix" and I fly out for Knotts Scarry Farm almost every year.

This year, my mother and I are flying out from Seattle for the 22nd meet! We already purchased our tickets and im really looking forward to the trip!!! I do have a few questions though.

Do we need to print out a ticket or something? Or are we just going to meet up with the group and then all the stuff be handed out?

Just wondering! Hopefully I can find some familial faces out there, but I doubt anyone would remember me. =)
    i think its really super cool you'll be joining us! we've been coming down to SoCal for Haunt for years and MiceChat night is always one of our favorite nights to be at Haunt (along with on Halloween itsself). As we get closer to the date you'll get an email with all the down and dirty details

see you on the 22nd!!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Strange question:
    I have already signed up and paid for the Micechat get-together. I included the Trapped add-on. Is it possible to buy a SECOND Trapped entry for this event? In other words, I want to go into Trapped twice, but don't want to pay $60 for the second entry.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFuchs View Post
    Strange question:
    I have already signed up and paid for the Micechat get-together. I included the Trapped add-on. Is it possible to buy a SECOND Trapped entry for this event? In other words, I want to go into Trapped twice, but don't want to pay $60 for the second entry.
    If you can organize with 5 other people, you should be able to pull it off!

First off TRAPPED is now SOLD OUT for this event. You can put your name on a waiting list.

Why would you want to do TRAPPED twice?

You won't know the time you have or group until you check in at the event. If it takes anywhere up to 20 minutes plus to get thru there probably wouldn't be time to go thru it again. I wouldn't want my group to rush thru it. The idea behind TRAPPED is just that you are trapped inside a maze and have to find the way out. I want to be immersed in this experience not rushing thru because someone wants to go again.

IF you really want to go again get reservations via the website to go again. I'm not sure how long the waiting list is for those who are already on it. Plus they should get priority because you already have a reservation and they do not. Just be greatful you are going thru TRAPPED once.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkeygirl View Post
    First off TRAPPED is now SOLD OUT for this event. You can put your name on a waiting list.

You won't know the time you have or group until you check in at the event. If it takes anywhere up to 20 minutes plus to get thru there probably wouldn't be time to go thru it again. I wouldn't want my group to rush thru it. The idea behind TRAPPED is just that you are trapped inside a maze and have to find the way out. I want to be immersed in this experience not rushing thru because someone wants to go again.

IF you really want to go again get reservations via the website to go again. I'm not sure how long the waiting list is for those who are already on it. Plus they should get priority because you already have a reservation and they do not. Just be greatful you are going thru TRAPPED once.
    What a odd post. Why WOULDN'T you want to go through trapped twice? If a maze is good, I'd like to see it again. I am "greatful" that someone wanting to experience something fun more than once, doesn't elicit a rude comment in my world.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkeygirl View Post

Not sure that snark is a necessary response to a straightforward question from a newbie. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but it's all about tone, people respond to a kind tone much more readily than a snide one. He was just asking if something was possible, not demanding that someone else had to rush through so that he could go again.

As for doing something more than once, I think that some folks DO like experience fun things more than once. For example, speaking just for myself, I've actually been to Disneyland more than once! And I've gone through the mazes at knotts more than once on the same night. Heck, I've even been on Pirates of the Caribbean or Indiana Jones or Peter Pan more than one time on the same day even though I know how the stories ends!
    Last edited by ktfaye; 09-05-2012 at 03:18 PM.

I am sorry if I came across that way. Lots of Halloween mazes are repeatable. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Whatever someone wants to do to for it. TRAPPED is different than just a regular maze however. There is an up charge plus a return time. I have been trying to keep up with talk about how long it MIGHT take groups to go thru that's all.

Thanks for the defense, all, but I did not take offense. I'm not so much of a newbie; it's just that I post about once a year or so. Well, this makes it twice for the year...

While the multiple tickets sounded like a strange question, what I did not explain is that I travel around the US every year - just going to haunted attractions. This year (in addition to my home state of CA) my stops will include Orlando, Atlanta, Denver, and Vegas.

I've been to just about everything, and always try to go through the more unique mazes more than once. This is easily the most unique thing Knotts has ever done, and even though I'm a local, I'd consider going through twice if I did not have to buy the full $60 ticket. "Alone" over at Busch Gardens has pretty much the identical pricing structure, and presented a similar problem for me. Over there, the VIP maze became a money-maker for some people. They would buy up multiple time slots and once the night became sold out, they would sell their slots to people on the stand-by list - who paid up to 2x the price. Within an hour, their admission to the event was easily paid for.

But honestly, I keep forgetting that this is Knotts. They will undoubtedly repeat Trapped for the next 5 years so I will have plenty of chances to experience it again....

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFuchs View Post
    But honestly, I keep forgetting that this is Knotts. They will undoubtedly repeat Trapped for the next 5 years so I will have plenty of chances to experience it again....
    Knowing that Knott's is making an extra $10 a head for people that already paid entrance, expect it to be around another 15 years!

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Hey Gang, Anabella Hotel, near DCA is offering a pretty amazing deal on rooms for the weekend...

"All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

How are ticket sales? I had some bills come up, and will be able to afford my tickets by this Friday. Are they close to selling out?

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigga please View Post
    How are ticket sales? I had some bills come up, and will be able to afford my tickets by this Friday. Are they close to selling out?
    Tigga, the tickets sales have been going great. We are actually getting close to capacity. But if you have any issues let me know.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• a beautiful wreck

I will be buying my ticket tomorrow.. can't wait. I was looking over the Knotts site, and the mazes this year are amazing. The shows do not look bad either.. I want to see the Tiki one.. and The Hanging Games of course.
    tick tock tick tock madness comes tonight
    what's reality compared to me
    I rest on the bed and I'm sure I slowly get mad
    I'm in a state of mind which makes me blind
    for the fact that I'm a man
    I'm here to stay forever but not today

--
    Timekiller - Project Pitchfork

• MiceAge Columnist  
    • Fun in the Orlando sun!

Blog Entries

Hey gang just a friendly reminder. Ticket sales must end on Sunday night at 11:59 pm. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, now is the time.

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Haunt Spooktacular - Sat. September 22nd 2012
    Submit your Orlando news and photos to us!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast