•   
    • Disney Dream 10/23!!

RICHARD M. SHERMAN - In-Store Performance + Q&A

My sister, akikaze27, forwarded this to me today! Fingerprints in Long Beach is having a awesome opportunity with Richard Sherman. It's limited to ~200 people, so get on the guest list ASAP!

RICHARD M. SHERMAN - In-Store Performance + Q&A

Sunday, February 10th 2:00pm
    Richard M. Sherman is best known as co-creator of the fabulous Sherman Brothers song catalog, including Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Jungle Book, Charlotte's Web, and Winnie The Pooh. In addition to writing so many of the classic Disney soundtracks that we all grew up on, Richard also wrote numerous pop standards, including "You're Sixteen" and the ubiquitous "It's a Small World". He's won multiple Grammys and Oscars, is currently enjoying success with Mary Poppins on Broadway, and is working on a stage production of The Jungle Book. To say that a busy schedule is part of Richard Sherman's world is a serious understatement, which is why events like this performance and Q&A are so rare.

Richard is dropping by to celebrate the recent release of three albums of his music, all on Seal Beach's own Solid Air Records. These releases include:

Forgotten Dreams
    - An all-instrumental album, made up of otherwise unreleased songs written by Richard Sherman. It's a bit more moody and melancholy than you might expect from the man who brought us It's a Small World, but an excellent listening experience, and a nice opportunity to see the other side of his songbook.
    Keys of Love
    - 14 new songs from Richard Sherman, focused on the theme of love; whether it's love of another, a place, or a moment.
    Poppin' Guitars (CD/DVD)
    - A various artist compilation paying tribute to the rich history of the Sherman Brothers' music. Players include Laurence Juber, Tommy Emmanuel, Doug Smith, Mark Hanson, Elliot Easton, Greg Hawkes, and several of the world's other pre-eminent acoustic guitar players.

Performing Songwriter has a great feature on the legacy of the Sherman Brothers, including links to videos that you've probably been singing along to your whole life. If you need a quick primer, this should catch you up quickly.

We will be opening the guest list with purchase of any of the above Solid Air releases. Please call or visit for more info, or to order by phone. 562.433.4996
    ...I finally changed my avatar...

•   
    • Disney Dream 10/23!!

Re: RICHARD M. SHERMAN - In-Store Performance + Q&A

Oh and each of the releases is $14.99.
    ...I finally changed my avatar...

I'm so excited!!!

Oh, my goodness, I am so jealous! Wish I could be there!