Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Cool Gumball Rally 2013: Trash Talking Thread

So... Team It Doesn't Matterhorn is splitting up this year, but that means there will be TWO TEAMS YOU HAVE TO BEAT FOR THE SPIRIT AWARD!

We're ready to roll. Are you?
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

re: Gumball Rally 2013: Trash Talking Thread

My feet's already burnin' just thinkin' about it!
    Proud member of Team "It Doesn't Matterhorn"!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Oh no! Why the split??

I'm like 90% sure that Team ATAK! will be back this year, minus one member (The 'T' will be in Japan, I think). We're still talking about it so hopefully I'll know for sure soon.

I wasn't too clear on the Gumball Rally page, but the Rally is only in Disneyland right? I hope so! I don't want to purchase a parkhopper since they're much more expensive D:

And just to make sure it's not just me, the tickets aren't available in the store yet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Oh no! Why the split??
    Well, we (Dave and I) have some friends who wanted to try the Rally, and since teams only go up to 4, we decided to split off from my parents this year.

I'm like 90% sure that Team ATAK! will be back this year, minus one member (The 'T' will be in Japan, I think). We're still talking about it so hopefully I'll know for sure soon.
    That would be fun! I hope to see you guys (or at least most of you guys) at the Rally in May!

I wasn't too clear on the Gumball Rally page, but the Rally is only in Disneyland right? I hope so! I don't want to purchase a parkhopper since they're much more expensive D:

And just to make sure it's not just me, the tickets aren't available in the store yet, right?
    I haven't heard whether it's only in Disneyland this year, or if it will include DCA. You could always ask Dusty - he'd know.

And as to tickets, we just bought ours, so I'd say the page is up. It's only been up for about an hour, though. I was obsessively refreshing the page, and managed to register before the official announcement went out on Facebook. (Excited? Who, me?)

EDIT: I bought the tickets through the Gumball Rally page, not through the store. It's here: Rally page with registration link
    Last edited by bookwyrm; 02-04-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: adding link, more information
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post
    Well, we (Dave and I) have some friends who wanted to try the Rally, and since teams only go up to 4, we decided to split off from my parents this year.
    Oh I see! That should be interesting. Ahh, is it possible to love two teams?

And as to tickets, we just bought ours, so I'd say the page is up. It's only been up for about an hour, though. I was obsessively refreshing the page, and managed to register before the official announcement went out on Facebook. (Excited? Who, me?)

EDIT: I bought the tickets through the Gumball Rally page, not through the store. It's here: Rally page with registration link
    Oh, thank you! That was definitely not there a few hours ago haha. I didn't even know the Gumball Rally had a Facebook page!

Oh I see! That should be interesting. Ahh, is it possible to love two teams?
    Of course! We loved many more than two teams last year!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

The exact format of this year's rally hasn't been announced. Don't make any assumptions until then. We've done two park Rallies in the past. Or, with all the DCA improvements, it could be DCA only.

Stay tuned.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Of course! We loved many more than two teams last year!
    Hehe, I'll do just that then!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    The exact format of this year's rally hasn't been announced. Don't make any assumptions until then. We've done two park Rallies in the past. Or, with all the DCA improvements, it could be DCA only.

Stay tuned.
    Ah, okay thanks for letting me know. In certain parts of the Gumball Rally page, it only mentioned Disneyland but I wasn't quite sure since it was the same page used last year but with a new graphic. I shall await the announcement when it comes, then!

Re: Gumball Rally 2013: Trash Talking Thread

Rachel and I are beyond excited! We heard a rumor that Rally day might be in June, and a potential conflict was looming, as Rachel will be graduating from UCR sometime in June (date is TBD). May 4th, though? IT'S SO ON! We can't wait to see everyone again!
    ~The Big Bangs Theory~ Proudly sporting our 7th place 2012 Gumball Rally medals!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I haven't heard whether it's only in Disneyland this year, or if it will include DCA. You could always ask Dusty - he'd know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post

Stay tuned.
    Here's an answer from the Official Gumball Rally Thread from the Man himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    It's a two park event!
    ...but as Matt suggested, stay tuned because - just like the date was at one point announced to be "coming in June" - it's the Gumball Rally and change as well as mystery is part of the lore of the event!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Here's an answer from the Official Gumball Rally Thread from the Man himself...

...but as Matt suggested, stay tuned because - just like the date was at one point announced to be "coming in June" - it's the Gumball Rally and change as well as mystery is part of the lore of the event!
    Both parks? Oy my feet hurt already.

Must start formulating plan to bribe spotters to bring me many margaritas while in some line at DCA.

We're trash talking now, huh? I guess having my thread repurposed is the price I have to pay for beating Dusty to the punch and creating my own Rally thread before he got the official one up.

You know you're excited about (or obesessed over) an event when you beat the organizer to thread posting, and have your tickets purchased before he has a chance to post the discount codes.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

About time you split from your parents. I bet they still pay your water bill and auto insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    About time you split from your parents. I bet they still pay your water bill and auto insurance.
    Yeah, and? You're just jealous because they won't pay yours.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Yeah, and? You're just jealous because they won't pay yours.
    Of course I am. Doesn't mean I don't like jabbing the users.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast