Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Gumball Rally 2013 - Best Team Name and Logo Contest

My Fiance and I are the Oozma Kappa Racers! in honor of the new pixar film Monsters University!

Name:  oozma kappa.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  97.2 KB

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

The Story

A short time ago in a galaxy not so far away ...

A fierce challenge, known as MiceChat's Gumball Rally, loomed upon Disneyland in the year 2012. Hundreds of Disneyland enthusiast swarmed to Anaheim's beloved theme park to compete in this exalted competition, threatening the very fabric of Disneyland's normal operating hours.

Recognizing this threat, four UC Irvine graduates formed a superhero team to compete in the Gumball Rally in order to return normalcy to the Disneyland park. By combining the first letters of each of their names, this heroic team became known as ATAK!. Team ATAK! recognized the danger that threatened the Disneyland park and came up with a plan to conquer and win in the Gumball Rally -- by 'attacking' every attraction in the most effective and efficient way.

Team ATAK! fought fiercely and valiantly in MiceChat's Gumball Rally but the loss was not without its consequences. In Adventureland, the heroic team entered the Temple of the Forbidden Eye with the intention to face the great Mara. Unbeknownst to them, Mara set an elaborate, rolling boulder trap for those foolish enough to enter the temple. Team ATAK! mistakenly gazed into the eyes of the idol as they entered the Chamber of Destiny and tripped Mara's trap. Recognizing the immediate danger of elimination from the competition, team ATAK! decided to flee the temple in order to avoid being forever entombed inside. Their action caused an almost full day closure for the attraction. Humiliated for causing the closure, team ATAK! began feeling angry and hate towards the Indiana Jones Adventure attraction which quickly led the superhero team to the dark side. Fueled by their quest for vengeance, team ATAK! began dabbling in the dark side of the force in order to craft a better, and more destructive plan.

Once again, the Gumball Rally has returned to the Disneyland Resort. Because of ATAK!'s failure to return normalcy to Disneyland, the Gumball Rally now threatens both Disneyland AND Disney California Adventure Park this year. Will team ATAK!'s fall to the dark side give them the edge against the competition? Will team ATAK!'s new plan cause chaos and utter destruction in the Disney Parks? Will team ATAK! be successful in their ultimate quest for vengeance?

Tune back in the beginning of May to find out.

May the 4th be with you all.

The Team

Anita using her Light Saber to wreck havok in It's a Small World.

Taylor using Force Levitation to cut in line for Indy.

Andrew (BTW, check out that handsome fellow. He's single, ladies ) using Force Lightning to gain multiple FastPasses.

Kari using her Jedi Mind Tricks to convince the CM to accept expired FastPasses.

And together, we are ATAK!
    Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 04-28-2013 at 10:17 PM.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by lctom1 View Post
    Finally our logo is ready to show,
    And in only ONE WEEK we'll be ready to go,
    We'll see you all there, you know the place,
    On your mark, get set, let's have a race!

HAHA great edit to your old logo! This really made me laugh out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by dlmagicstar View Post
    This is our first rally and my aunt and I are very excited to compete as team Endorable Attachment 29768
    Welcome dlmagicstar. While actually 'endorable,' I see you have not chosen to side with the dark side of the force. I find your lack of faith in the power of the dark side disturbing. You would be wise to side with us or be crushed in the Rally! (But in all seriousness, your logo is seriously adorable! I love Ewoks!!! Welcome to your first Rally and get ready for a fierce competition! See ya on Saturday!)

We are the Fourgotten Dwarves we are working on our designs still but it is looking good so far can not wait till Saturday

We are TEAM MUFASA'cause we gotta move fasta

Quote Originally Posted by dlmagicstar View Post
    This is our first rally and my aunt and I are very excited to compete as team Endorable Attachment 29768

What an adorable name!
    Oh... I just love happy endings.

We are first time Gumballers this year. We love DL and are sooo excited to be celebrating my sons 16th Bday (he is a Star Wars baby), the day of the Rally. So,,,,,team
    Trader Sam's Tours...A HEAD of the rest is ready to roll.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sam i am.png 
Views:	337 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	29847
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• i believe in faeries.

so many first timers (including us!)

One more entry!
    Team Name: DOLE WHIP
    Name:  Shirt 1smaller.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  31.0 KB

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

We will be back defending our 151st place finish! This year we decided to make a little logo:

Team Casper is a father daughter team....

Name:  gumball2.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  158.4 KB

This is our first Gumball Rally. We're hoping for a little pixie dust magic to help us make it through the day...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by DisneyanaFan; 04-29-2013 at 07:30 PM.

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Will team ATAK!'s fall to the dark side give them the edge against the competition? Will team ATAK!'s new plan cause chaos and utter destruction in the Disney Parks? Will team ATAK! be successful in their ultimate quest for vengeance?

Tune back in the beginning of May to find out.

May the 4th be with you all.
    Team ATAK!
    We're glad you're back,
    But if you've turned Dark
    Then we fear for The Park!

Looking forward to competing against you again this year!
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

Dobby asked if a pixie was anything like a leprechaun, which it is, of course, being a sassy little magical creature. "I'm a sassy little magical creature myself," he said. "Do they like to run and chase?"

"That's exactly what they'll be doing at Disneyland, running and chasing. Plus they can fly!" I replied. "But don't get ideas, please."

So, with Dobby's official approval -- for every ride scored by TINX MINX, I will send fifty cents to Operation Smile. Because no one should be thought of as worthless just because they have funny teeth...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Wow, it seems like there's a lot of new competitors this year! We were once first timers (last year) and we ended up having a blast and are back again! Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by lctom1 View Post
    Team ATAK!
    We're glad you're back,
    But if you've turned Dark
    Then we fear for The Park!

Looking forward to competing against you again this year!
    Dark we may have become,
    It's quite worrying to some,
    But by joining the Dark Side,
    We hope to ride all the rides!

Looking forward to competing against you as well! We'll see you real soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    Dobby asked if a pixie was anything like a leprechaun, which it is, of course, being a sassy little magical creature. "I'm a sassy little magical creature myself," he said. "Do they like to run and chase?"

"That's exactly what they'll be doing at Disneyland, running and chasing. Plus they can fly!" I replied. "But don't get ideas, please."

So, with Dobby's official approval -- for every ride scored by TINX MINX, I will send fifty cents to Operation Smile. Because no one should be thought of as worthless just because they have funny teeth...
    Even though our team may have sided with the dark side, there's still a sliver of good inside of us. Just wanted to say that is such an awesome thing you're doing! Good luck to TINX MINX, and we hope they'll rack up as many points as they can!

• i believe in faeries.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post

we are proud to race for Dobby and Operation Smile!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast