Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Gumball Rally Memories - 2013 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Foreboding Aura View Post
    Here's to making many more awesome memories this year!!
    For the love of Disney....

• i believe in faeries.

it was an amazing experience!!! and while i knew it would be physically exhausting and challenging, i didn't know HOW exhausting it actually would be! no matter how our team placed, i am proud of how we did... we crossed the finish line still standing!

• Annual Passholder

Congrats to all the other teams and a big thanks to the staff and volunteers from Mice Chat for putting on a wonderful event. This was our first year competing for everyone on our team. Since we are all out of staters there was someone kind enough to make us reservations for fireworks VIP viewing. That and the fact that we figured we would be no where near the top 25 caused us to miss the awards ceremony. We were shocked to get the call that we finished 7th! I guess the 14 miles on the pedometer paid off! We all had a great time and will be back next year!

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    Congratulations maximmom!

We were so tired we didn't get back to the awards ceremony. How many points did you and the other top finishers finish with. Really curious how the best teams conquered the challenges of the day!

Can someone post the names of the top 10 finishers announced Saturday night!

Congrats to everyone. Such a fun day.
    I'm definitely interested in the point totals. The unOfficial Team, in our first competition, finished fourth with (by my math) 79 points. We talked with the winners, who weren't sure of their totals, but 2nd place had 80, so it was tight. Lot's of fun, a moment of panic when our booklet came off my clipboard inside my pack, and I can't believe how good Taste Pilot's smelled when we rode Soarin late in the day.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

It was Team Never US The Odds first Gumball Rally. We are both employed by theme parks, one is paid by the mouse, the other is paid by the dog. We have in the past done the Minnie's Moonlight Madness.
    Gumball Rally is loads better than Minnie's. No contest. For starters, your're not tied to your teammates-literally. I can't tell you how painful that is. We once had a teammate who pulled us all around the park and we were sore for days!
    We had no strategy going in other than get on Radiator Springs Racers first and then move on. For the most part that worked. The only hiccup we encountered in DCA was that during my friends ride on the Tower, someone got sick on the ride before hers causing a 15 min delay. Gross!
    We also never got on Space Mountain, the ride went 101 just as we arrived in Tomorrowland! So went over to Adventureland to ride Indiana Jones-that ride was down too! LOL.
    Oh, and we were distracted by the horse at BTR. That caused us to miss riding the Mark Twain. No 3 points for us. It's hard for horse lovers NOT to stop and pet a horse.
    The questions were challenging and on three occasions frustrating. My friend and I had fun making up additional questions once we finished answering the original question. It took the edge off.
    We made it back in time for the additional 5 points. We got pizza at the Carousel Inn (very good) and walked over to the HoJo. By then we wished had brought heavier jackets! It was very cold! My friend, like some of the other players ended up buying a blanket at the gift shop. BTW, HoJo has a very nice gift shop. Well organized and well stocked with product. I was happy to see that they carried pins from Jerry Leigh and was finally able to get a pin that I have had trouble obtaining.
    We didn't get picked for the game. (We would have loved that Annabella prize for the D23 expo. ), but we did receive a Jedi Mickey bobblehead.
    All in all, it was one of the strangest Disneyland trips ever for us. We didn't stop in any of the shops (and we usually visit all of them) and I took no photos (I average about 100 each visit). We just stayed focus on riding the rides.
    We are anxious to see how we placed and we can't wait to do it again next year!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12