Gumball Rally 2014

Does anyone know when registration begins for the Gumball Rally 2014. I'm new to Micechat and attempted to subscribe to the mailing list but it was not working. I understand that these sell out quickly and wanted to make sure I at least attempted to do this the right way. The videos and comments on other threads were amazing!! Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Gumball Rally 2014

Not sure when this will be happening, but the last couple of years the Rally was in May.... keep checking in and as soon as anything is known we'll be sure and let the community know!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

In last weeks newsletter it said that gumball rally will be May 3rd and that registration will be after the first of the year...so I plan to check everyday in Jan till I hear otherwise. Anyone know if it is for sure if it is just Disneyland this year, typically that is the pattern? Is there going to be a theme again this year? It was fun having a theme last year but I had to change my team name at the last minute to meet the theme and I want to have my team name ready to go when I sign up.
    Oh... I just love happy endings.

Thanks so much guys!

• i believe in faeries.

i'm literally creeping every gumball rally thread, just in case i missed something, lol!

I have always wondered about the gumball rally, is it really fun? I would prob end up dragging my sister but she has a bad leg and has to use a wheel chair. Is does it still count when you do wheel chair passes?

• Disney Dork

Let me know if anyone finds out. I have to be apart of this when it comes around.

• Disney Obsessed

My best friend and I already have our team name picked out... and we're working on our outfits.... etc... so excited! last year was our first year and we had so much fun!!

Yes a wheelchair user counts. If I were you though I would rent a electric scooter from a local vendor in anaheim. Contact me [email protected] and I can give you that info to rent one. Some are better than others. It may be just harder for you have to go 12 hours pushing a chair around. You want to go fast. Bood luck!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my2wings View Post
    I have always wondered about the gumball rally, is it really fun? I would prob end up dragging my sister but she has a bad leg and has to use a wheel chair. Is does it still count when you do wheel chair passes?
    Sorry the answer is No wheel chair passes she can wait at the exit
    read Gumball rally form and read the rules.

Q - Can we use Fastpass on the Gumball Rally? What about Child Swap and other passes? A - Aside from waiting in the general standby queue, only a valid Fastpass is allowed. teams must stay together and everyone in the party must have a ticket. HOWEVER, child swap, single rider, AAA, Special Birthday Fastpasses, any form of special assistance, or priority passes may NOT be used this year
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Newbie here... can somebody give me the quick rundown of the Gumball Rally, or point me to a thread that will answer that question? How does it work? How are points earned? Is there a sample from year's past that I can view?
    Thanks, in advance.
    "Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that." - Walt Disney

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by macfamily88 View Post
    Newbie here... can somebody give me the quick rundown of the Gumball Rally, or point me to a thread that will answer that question? How does it work? How are points earned? Is there a sample from year's past that I can view?
    Thanks, in advance.
    Sure, I'll try to give you a quick summary: FUN!

OK, maybe I need to expand on that: The Gumball Rally is an event where teams of 2-4 try to ride as many attractions in Disneyland as they can during a 12-hour period. To determine if a team has actually completed an attraction they are given quiz booklets in the morning and each attraction has a question that can only be answered by riding (for example, "how many hay bales are on the Pirates of the Caribbean?"). Different attractions are worth a different amount of points, so that comes into play as well as you try to decide which attractions to ride first.

After you turn in your booklet your responses are reviewed, your score is totaled and we find out who has accumulated the most points. Oh, and you also get some bonus points for turning in the booklet early.

There are some other rules, such as teams must always stay together, or no cell phones can be used. These rules are not really restrictive, they are there to help ensure that everyone has fun.

Our team, "It Doesn't Matterhorn," really enjoys the interaction with other participants in the Rally! More than the final score, the real enjoyment comes from running around the Park with hundreds of other Disneyland fans, and enjoying the Park in a completely new way.

I hope this helps!
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

Thanks for taking the time to give me a quick run down. Makes much more sense now!
    "Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that." - Walt Disney

I would love to participate in this event, however I do not have anyone to participate with.. I would hate to pay the full amount for a two person team and not have 'a team'..

Anyone out there looking for an additional person to complete a team? I'll pay my portion..

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sukarowca View Post
    I would love to participate in this event, however I do not have anyone to participate with.. I would hate to pay the full amount for a two person team and not have 'a team'..

Anyone out there looking for an additional person to complete a team? I'll pay my portion..
    Check the main Gumball rally Forum there are people look for team mates
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9