Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Amazing MiceChat Anniversary Weekend - February 7-9th, 2014 - Disneyland Resort

Hurry, hurry, step right up ladies and gentlemen. The greatest show on the Internet is about to set up for a weekend of fun, frivolity and friendship at the happiest place on earth. Don't miss out on this epic extravaganza of entertaining excitements!!!

An Evening with Walt Disney
    FRIDAY - February 7th

ALL Proceeds from your ticket will go toward saving the home Walt Disney was born in!

Journey back with us to the year 1901. William McKinley was President of the United States, Major League Baseball had just been formed, and a man named Walt Disney was born in a small house in Chicago Illinois. The modest family home on the corner of Tripp Avenue and Palmer Street was designed and built by Flora and Elias Disney, Walt and Roy Disney's mother and father. Both Walt and Roy were born in this home and lived there until Walt was four and Roy was twelve years old.

We have already lost too many buildings that were an incredibly important part of Disney history.

Join the folks at the Save Walt Disney's Birthplace project as we explore Walt's early history and discover how we can preserve the home where he was born! We guarantee you'll be wowed and entertained and leave satisfied that you are doing something very important.

Space is strictly limited to 70 guests for this FABULOUS event.

DCA DAY OF PLAY
    SATURDAY, Feb 8th
    9am -Building the Dream

Celebrated Imagineer, Tim Delaney, will lead a fascinating presentation about the building of the most beautiful Magic Kingdom of them all, Disneyland Paris. Learn about the challenges, creative opportunities, and wonderful stories that make this park so unique in the universe of Disney theme parks. This will be a breakfast event at the ESPN Zone (bacon, bacon, bacon) with a 90 minute audio/visual presentation and an opportunity to meet a true creative genius. Event is limited to 125 guests and will sell out quickly.

Tim Delaney's 34 years at Walt Disney Imagineering included 19 years as a creative director and Vice President of Design. He has been instrumental in all phases of design from initial concept through design development, corporate sponsorship, project production and onsite construction supervision through completion. As a designer, illustrator, painter, creative director, producer and art director, Delaney has lead teams that have designed and constructed over $1.2 billion of Disney Parks and attractions worldwide, including Anaheim, Orlando, Paris and Hong Kong.

Tim has been awarded the 2002 Ray Bradbury Award for Lifetime of Creative Excellence. He was the subject of the popular BBC documentary ''Shoot the Moon.'' And, in, 1995 he was awarded the Themed Entertainment Association award for best attraction for Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris.

Tim will sign copies of Disneyland Paris From Sketch To Reality (copies of this beautiful book are available at a VERY special price for this event only)

1 pm -Instant Concert Just add Friends (and lunch!)
    Meet in Paradise Park to watch this adorable Goofy water and music performance on the World of Color Lagoon. When the show is over, remain in Paradise Park and find your fellow MiceChatters. We'll leave the park at 1:30 and make our way to Paradise Gardens nearby for lunch. We'll find seats in the shaded area under the trees on the side of the seating area closest to the fence for Goofy Sky School.

3:00 pm
    -
    FREE MiceQuest:
    Eye Spy Fun
    Sonoma Terrace at the Golden Vine Winery, in front of the Blue Sky Cellar

Put your Disney skills to the test as Fishbulb presents one of his famous eye spy/scavenger hunt events. This two hour event will be free to enter (you'll just need park admission). There will be fun prizes sponsored by Fairy Godmother Travel and this is always a great way to meet fellow MicePals and have a great time in the park.

Meet at the Sonoma Terrace at the Golden Vine Winery, in front of the Blue Sky Cellar for a FREE 90 minute quest through DCA. This one has been designed for maximum fun (for all levels of Disney geekdom). You are going to love what we have planned, which will have you looking at DCA in a whole new way
    Prizes for the top placing individuals are sponsored by Fairy Godmother Travel, MiceChat's official travel agency.

REGISTER FOR THE DCA MICEQUEST HERE

NOTE: No official dinner meet has been planned. We suggest inviting a friend or two (or perhaps even someone you've just met) to join you for a bite before the next event.

Feb 8th, 6:30pm - Communicore Weekly Musical Meet-up
    (Outside - back patio of Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian Hotel)

Meet Jeff Heimbuch and learn more about the epic Communicore Weekly Musical project. This event will be presented in the same location as the Game Show. Two great events, one great location.

Feb 8, 7pm - Monorail Man's EXTRA Limited Time Magical Game Show
    (Outside - back patio of Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian Hotel)

Meet us on the outdoor back patio of the Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian Hotel near the fireplace. The game show has become a MiceChat anniversary tradition. Why? Because Monorail Man isn't just a Disney nerd but a game show nerd as well. And what excuse do we need to have a good time and win prizes? The show lasts for about an hour and prizes will be given throughout. Hosted by: MiceChat Administrator, Monorail Man. Prizes for the top placing individuals are sponsored by Fairy Godmother Travel, MiceChat's official travel agency.

MiceChat/MiceAge Classic Sunday in Disneyland
    SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9th

9:00 am -
    Riverbelle Terrace Breakfast
    Riverbelle terrace is the traditional start for our big Anniversary weekend events. Join us as the tradition continues. Meet with friends old and new and start your day off the good old fashioned way . . . riverside with Mickey shaped pancakes.

10:00 am - Disneyland by River and Rail (meet at Magnolia Park)
    No trip to Disneyland is complete without a grand circle tour aboard the Disneyland Railroad. We'll start and finish the expedition around Disneyland at Magnolia Park (in front of the New Orleans Train Station and next to the Haunted Mansion). We'll chat for a bit before boarding the train just to make sure everyone has had a chance to assemble and get to know each other. We will follow up the train with a ride on the Sailing Ship Columbia and perhaps another diversion before the big noon meet.

12:00 pm - Noon Hub Meet
    The Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Partners Statue in the central hub of Disneyland (the round park in front of the Castle) has been host to hundreds of MiceAge/MiceChat meets over the years. Its classic location and sentimental statue make it the ultimate location for us to give thanks to the man who started it all, Walt Disney. Meet and greet with your friends, make new friends, and join us at 12:30 pm for aGroup Picture In front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. You don't want to miss out on this special meet! Hosted by: MiceAge Legend, Al Lutz

1:00 pm - Lunch Oasis (Meet in Aladdin's Oasis)
    Grab some food from your favorite restaurant and meet us inside Aladdin's Oasis (the former Tahitian Terrace behind the Tiki Room and near the exit to the Jungle Cruise). It's a great space for us to get out of the crowds and have a relaxing lunch.
    2:30 pm - D23 Fanniversary Challenge (Meet in Aladdin's Oasis)
    For the third year in a row D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will hit the road with their Disney Fanniversary Celebration, visiting cities across the U.S. to commemorate dozens of magical Disney milestones celebrating landmark anniversaries this year. In honor of the event, which will kick off this fall, we have designed a game including some of the iconic attractions and films that are (or were) represented inside Disneyland Park. You will have to be fast on your feet and quick with your wits as you race to reach the finish line in time to win the grand prize. This is an hour long mad dash through Disneyland to find clues and win fun prizes!

3:30 pm - West Side Story (Meet in Aladdin's Oasis)
    We'll wrap up our most magical anniversary ever with an tour of some of our favorite classic West side attractions. Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Tiki Room. Following the show, we'll head back to Aladdin's Oasis to say our farewells and give away our GRAND PRIZE to one lucky attendee.

The MiceChat Sunday meet is a tradition that's not to be missed. All are welcome to join us for as much or as little of this day of magic as they'd like. All events, except for the Evening with Walt Disney and the Breakfast with Tim Delaney, are free (you just need theme park admission).

Add your email address below to be sent a final event schedule with dates/times/locations of all of the above listed activities is available. Tickets for the Evening with Walt, the breakfast with Time Delaney and the two in park quests are available at the links above.

Our Friends at Anabella Hotel are offering a spectacular rate just for you!

• $99 standard rate - Use rate code MCAnniversary when booking
    • $114 rate includes room upgrade and $25 food and beverage credit at Tangerine restaurant – Use rate code MCAnniversaryPlus when booking this offer

Call to book your reservation now! 800.863.4888

Thank you to our Sponsor who has made this weekend possible:
    MiceChat Anniversary weekend is sponsored in part by Fairy Godmother Travel, the official travel agency of MiceChat.com. For all of your Disney travel needs, please contact the wonderful pixies at

Last edited by Fishbulb; 02-02-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disney Dork

Re: Amazing MiceChat Anniversary Weekend - February 7-9th, 2014 - Disneyland Resort

Can't wait to go..... Super excited
    All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you

-Walter Elias Disney

• The Dude!!!

Re: Amazing MiceChat Anniversary Weekend - February 7-9th, 2014 - Disneyland Resort

Think I will try and make this. Been a long time follower of mice chat but have never officially met anyone. (Did stalk Bob Gurr at D23 for a bit though lol)

• Booboo23kitty Nor Cal

Finally info!!! Trying to plan my trip down there without info. <3
    "How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb? Answer-"Does it have to be a light bulb?"

We will be there for the activities on either the 8th or 9th. Can't wait!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

MiceChat Gold members should keep an eye out for first dibs on the two limited availability events on Friday the 7th and Saturday the 8th.

Membership has its privileges.
    Find us on Facebook:

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

See you there
    thank you for the information
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 01-21-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Bought both of my tickets to friday and saturday. Very excited for the weekend.

I will be there! I finally have a pass again to the resort so I will be able to do more than last year. Looking forward to the scavenger hunt!

• DLRP, Number 1!

Ticket booked!! Cant believe my luck, it just so happens that I will be in LA for 2 days and this is happening, I can't wait!!!

Ever since my first visit to Disneyland Paris (Euro Disney) on opening day I have been obsessed with the park and the fantastic work Tim Delaney did.

One question, this may seem a little cheeky but I already have 3 copies of the Disneyland Paris book From Sketch to Reality, do you think it would be ok to bring one with me for him to sign??

It would be so nice to meet some of my transatlantic DLRP fans so pleas look out for me, ill be the one with the British accent and no tan :-)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLRPbigfan View Post

One question, this may seem a little cheeky but I already have 3 copies of the Disneyland Paris book From Sketch to Reality, do you think it would be ok to bring one with me for him to sign??

It would be so nice to meet some of my transatlantic DLRP fans so pleas look out for me, ill be the one with the British accent and no tan :-)
    We are SO glad you'll be joining us! Absolutely bring all your copies of the book. You won't have any trouble getting them signed. :-)

See you soon!
    Find us on Facebook:

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Jimmie and I are planning to come. I booked the Anabella online with the AARP rate, but I noticed they add on a small resort fee and charge $14/night for parking. Do they do the same with the MiceChat Anniversary rate?
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

FANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE - Feb 9th - 2:30pm

We've added a little more excitement to our Anniversary events. In celebration of D23's upcoming third season of Fanniversary events, we are hosting a very special one hour scavenger hunt with a historical twist during our Sunday in the park. This event is FREE (you just need park admission). However, we ask that you please help us by signing up at the link as it assists us in knowing how many teams to expect and how many materials for us to bring.

For the third year in a row D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will hit the road with their Disney Fanniversary Celebration, visiting cities across the U.S. to commemorate dozens of magical Disney milestones celebrating landmark anniversaries this year. In honor of the event, which will kick off this fall, we have designed a game including some of the iconic attractions and films that are (or were) represented inside Disneyland Park. You will have to be fast on your feet and quick with your wits as you race to reach the finish line in time to win the grand prize.

JOIN THE FANNIVERSARY EVENT HERE
    Find us on Facebook:

So I just wanted to make sure, is the fanniversary challenge on the Sunday the 9th? Cause the sign up page says its on the 8th. Looking forward to being there!!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murrie567 View Post
    So I just wanted to make sure, is the fanniversary challenge on the Sunday the 9th? Cause the sign up page says its on the 8th. Looking forward to being there!!!
    It's absolutely on Sunday the 9th. I'll fix the signup page!

We hope to see you there. :-)
    Find us on Facebook:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast