Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

At the DCA scavenger hunt last weekend (which was terrific), DustySage mentioned to the crowed that this year's event would be a Disneyland only affair (this is what 'classic' refers to). He didn't say anything about single rider options but to me the FAQ looks cut and pasted from years past, and last year there was single rider. So hopefully they'll have this again.

From DustySage's spiel it sounded like the MiceChat organizers are hoping that it will be possible for one or several teams to finish the entire list of attractions this time around, especially with attractions like Finding Nemo Subs down. Would be really cool to finish the entire list.

One thing I hope differs this year is the park opening time - last year the parks opened at 9 am due to a Disneyland event - cutting down on those early morning hours where strategy does seem to really come into play. Hope they open at 8 am this year!

In any case my daughter and I are signed up, and can't wait to compete again.

I was so excited to go and found out it's a blackout day. I'm so sad about it :'(.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Thanks for the effort. The thing is though, the rule said the same thing last year as well, but it was announced in the forum that they were allowing Single Rider passes due to the changes in the Fastpass system. It's why I'm still unclear if Single Rider is going to be allowed this year as well. Hopefully we will get the official confirmation soon.
    The information that I receive, You will have to wait for official instructions on the day of the Gumball Rally
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Is everyone sure that we should have the rally as a classic? There is an awful lot of refurbs (of big attractions) going on May 3rd.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyanaFan View Post
    At the DCA scavenger hunt last weekend (which was terrific), DustySage mentioned to the crowed that this year's event would be a Disneyland only affair (this is what 'classic' refers to). He didn't say anything about single rider options but to me the FAQ looks cut and pasted from years past, and last year there was single rider. So hopefully they'll have this again.

From DustySage's spiel it sounded like the MiceChat organizers are hoping that it will be possible for one or several teams to finish the entire list of attractions this time around, especially with attractions like Finding Nemo Subs down. Would be really cool to finish the entire list.

One thing I hope differs this year is the park opening time - last year the parks opened at 9 am due to a Disneyland event - cutting down on those early morning hours where strategy does seem to really come into play. Hope they open at 8 am this year!

In any case my daughter and I are signed up, and can't wait to compete again.
    Thank you for sharing! This was exactly what I wanted to know

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I was so excited to go and found out it's a blackout day. I'm so sad about it :'(.
    Unfortunately, the Gumball Rally is usually held on a Saturday, so I think it's always going to be on a blackout day You should come out and do it anyways! It's so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    Is everyone sure that we should have the rally as a classic? There is an awful lot of refurbs (of big attractions) going on May 3rd.
    I believe months of planning goes into the the Gumball Rally, so the theme may have already been picked a while ago. It might be too late to change the theme now. Besides, all the refurbs will hopefully make the Rally easier this year! In the last couple years (and maybe even longer), nobody has completed the Gumball Rally. It seems to be a rare feat!

•   
    • Wanted in Monstropolis

Just read that Big a Thunder is scheduled for cast member ride testing next month. Sounds like it will be open for the rally!

To put together an event of this size takes many months of planning. Hats off to those that take that on. As participants & not planners, we are very thankful for the opportunity to attend such a top notch event.

Don't get my statement wrong, I am very grateful for them putting together the rally and have been a participant the last 3 years. I was just wondering (and secretly hoping because we are a better 2 park team).

Wow, this rally should be easy to finish, due to Nemo, Alice, Indy, and pirates all being closed.

• MargyDisneylandLover

I am in need of a team...I already have my airfare hotel and park tickets paid for..help!
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Breaking news: The full complement of Team "It Doesn't Matterhorn" will be walking in this year's Gumball!

Yes, that's walking, not running… we roll like that. (Get it?)

We're looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    Proud member of Team "It Doesn't Matterhorn"!

So excited! My friends and I have completed registration and are counting down the days till the rally! This will be our first time (: We can't wait to partcipate and meet all of our fellow Disney enthusiasts and Micechatters!
    Hope to see you all there! Have a magical day (:

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by ntz4bbl View Post
    Just read that Big a Thunder is scheduled for cast member ride testing next month. Sounds like it will be open for the rally!

To put together an event of this size takes many months of planning. Hats off to those that take that on. As participants & not planners, we are very thankful for the opportunity to attend such a top notch event.
    I hope Big Thunder will be on it!!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

My son is 6, does he count as a teammate that has to be paid for?
    Last edited by Puffin999; 02-26-2014 at 09:39 PM.

On the first page of this thread, there are frequently asked questions. Children can join but anyone 8 or older needs to be registered as a teammate.

Hi. So excited to participate again this year!!
    I have a question...if we sign up as a team of 4, but one person can't attend, can we let the organizers know, and just compete as a team of three?
    Also, will the awards ceremony be at the same place as last year? I only ask, because that will factor into our hotel choice.
    Never give up! Never surrender!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast