Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 164
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Claremont, California
    Posts
    57

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    At the DCA scavenger hunt last weekend (which was terrific), DustySage mentioned to the crowed that this year's event would be a Disneyland only affair (this is what 'classic' refers to). He didn't say anything about single rider options but to me the FAQ looks cut and pasted from years past, and last year there was single rider. So hopefully they'll have this again.

    From DustySage's spiel it sounded like the MiceChat organizers are hoping that it will be possible for one or several teams to finish the entire list of attractions this time around, especially with attractions like Finding Nemo Subs down. Would be really cool to finish the entire list.

    One thing I hope differs this year is the park opening time - last year the parks opened at 9 am due to a Disneyland event - cutting down on those early morning hours where strategy does seem to really come into play. Hope they open at 8 am this year!

    In any case my daughter and I are signed up, and can't wait to compete again.

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    431

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    I was so excited to go and found out it's a blackout day. I'm so sad about it :'(.

  3. #18

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,185
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Thanks for the effort. The thing is though, the rule said the same thing last year as well, but it was announced in the forum that they were allowing Single Rider passes due to the changes in the Fastpass system. It's why I'm still unclear if Single Rider is going to be allowed this year as well. Hopefully we will get the official confirmation soon.
    The information that I receive, You will have to wait for official instructions on the day of the Gumball Rally
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kingman, AZ
    Posts
    75

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Is everyone sure that we should have the rally as a classic? There is an awful lot of refurbs (of big attractions) going on May 3rd.

  5. #20

    • aka 'KiMcHeE'
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    596

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyanaFan View Post
    At the DCA scavenger hunt last weekend (which was terrific), DustySage mentioned to the crowed that this year's event would be a Disneyland only affair (this is what 'classic' refers to). He didn't say anything about single rider options but to me the FAQ looks cut and pasted from years past, and last year there was single rider. So hopefully they'll have this again.

    From DustySage's spiel it sounded like the MiceChat organizers are hoping that it will be possible for one or several teams to finish the entire list of attractions this time around, especially with attractions like Finding Nemo Subs down. Would be really cool to finish the entire list.

    One thing I hope differs this year is the park opening time - last year the parks opened at 9 am due to a Disneyland event - cutting down on those early morning hours where strategy does seem to really come into play. Hope they open at 8 am this year!

    In any case my daughter and I are signed up, and can't wait to compete again.
    Thank you for sharing! This was exactly what I wanted to know

    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I was so excited to go and found out it's a blackout day. I'm so sad about it :'(.
    Unfortunately, the Gumball Rally is usually held on a Saturday, so I think it's always going to be on a blackout day You should come out and do it anyways! It's so much fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    Is everyone sure that we should have the rally as a classic? There is an awful lot of refurbs (of big attractions) going on May 3rd.
    I believe months of planning goes into the the Gumball Rally, so the theme may have already been picked a while ago. It might be too late to change the theme now. Besides, all the refurbs will hopefully make the Rally easier this year! In the last couple years (and maybe even longer), nobody has completed the Gumball Rally. It seems to be a rare feat!

  6. #21

    •   
    • Wanted in Monstropolis
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    85

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Just read that Big a Thunder is scheduled for cast member ride testing next month. Sounds like it will be open for the rally!

    Is everyone sure that we should have the rally as a classic? There is an awful lot of refurbs (of big attractions) going on May 3rd.
    To put together an event of this size takes many months of planning. Hats off to those that take that on. As participants & not planners, we are very thankful for the opportunity to attend such a top notch event.

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kingman, AZ
    Posts
    75

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Don't get my statement wrong, I am very grateful for them putting together the rally and have been a participant the last 3 years. I was just wondering (and secretly hoping because we are a better 2 park team).

  8. #23

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    624

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Wow, this rally should be easy to finish, due to Nemo, Alice, Indy, and pirates all being closed.

  9. #24

    • MargyDisneylandLover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Renton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    594

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    I am in need of a team...I already have my airfare hotel and park tickets paid for..help!
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

    ​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014


  10. #25

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    6

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Breaking news: The full complement of Team "It Doesn't Matterhorn" will be walking in this year's Gumball!

    Yes, that's walking, not running… we roll like that. (Get it?)

    We're looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    Proud member of Team "It Doesn't Matterhorn"!

  11. #26

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    2

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    So excited! My friends and I have completed registration and are counting down the days till the rally! This will be our first time (: We can't wait to partcipate and meet all of our fellow Disney enthusiasts and Micechatters!
    Hope to see you all there! Have a magical day (:

  12. #27

    • Meh
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    3,286

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ntz4bbl View Post
    Just read that Big a Thunder is scheduled for cast member ride testing next month. Sounds like it will be open for the rally!



    To put together an event of this size takes many months of planning. Hats off to those that take that on. As participants & not planners, we are very thankful for the opportunity to attend such a top notch event.
    I hope Big Thunder will be on it!!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    148

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    My son is 6, does he count as a teammate that has to be paid for?
    Last edited by Puffin999; 02-26-2014 at 09:39 PM.

  14. #29

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    1

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    On the first page of this thread, there are frequently asked questions. Children can join but anyone 8 or older needs to be registered as a teammate.

  15. #30

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oceano, CA
    Posts
    8

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Hi. So excited to participate again this year!!
    I have a question...if we sign up as a team of 4, but one person can't attend, can we let the organizers know, and just compete as a team of three?
    Also, will the awards ceremony be at the same place as last year? I only ask, because that will factor into our hotel choice.
    Never give up! Never surrender!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MiceChat Gumball Rally - May 1st, 2010 - We Need Your Vote!
    By Dustysage in forum Contests, Meets and Events
    Replies: 374
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 08:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •