Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 164
  1. #46

    •   
    • Is it rally time yet?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    46

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Edie View Post
    Sooo, is there a theme this year as there was last year, or was there a theme only because the Rally coincided with the Star Wars event? I'd really like to know if there is a contest for the best themed outfits or group as we have been working on a fun team name and theme. However, the cost of the tee shirts is expensive, so if there is no contest we can save the cost of the shirts. Anyone know?
    It seems likely that there will not be a specific theme this year since it hasn't been announced.....and they know how much teams like to get into a theme if there is one.
    The only contests there have been over the last few years are ones for Best Team Name, Best Team Logo and Team Spirit. Although, there isn't a specific award for best themed outfits, some teams do show up in some pretty impressive ensembles....and many teams show up in matching shirts sporting their cool team logos. It's definitely not required, but seems to be the norm.
    Whatever your team decides to do, it'll be a great time!
    ~ Katie ~
    My Gumball Rally teams:
    2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally
    2013 - The Jawawockeez
    2012 - Why is the Rum Gone?

  2. #47

    • Disney Obsessed
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    417

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Any word on the pasta dinner party yet? I remember last year it sold out FAST And I don't want to miss it...

  3. #48

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    9

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Katie1228, thanks for the information about the team spirit, team logo, and team name awards. Great to hear this information; we've got our spy glasses out and "The Gumball Gumshoes" are ready to hunt down those clues! Our motto: "We always get our Clue".
    Last edited by Disney Edie; 03-19-2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Want to add name

  4. #49

    •   
    • Is it rally time yet?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    46

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Edie View Post
    Katie1228, thanks for the information about the team spirit, team logo, and team name awards. Great to hear this information; we've got our spy glasses out and "The Gumball Gumshoes" are ready to hunt down those clues! Our motto: "We always get our Clue".
    Great team name! I look forward to meeting you and your team at the Rally! And hey - just noticed you're in Las Vegas. My sister (who is also my teammate) lives there too. Cool.
    ~ Katie ~
    My Gumball Rally teams:
    2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally
    2013 - The Jawawockeez
    2012 - Why is the Rum Gone?

  5. #50

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Posts
    455

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Hey all,

    I originally posted about changing names, but I've solved that problem. But I have a new question now:

    Does anyone know where to get a really good, cheap deal on printing shirts for the Rally? I'd probably only want to print 3 or 4 max? What have people who've competed in the past done to find an affordable but quality shirt printer?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by JamesDusenberry; 03-20-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

    "We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

  6. #51

    •   
    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    102

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    I'm too excited to sleep!!! I read the MiceAge page daily and I have been wanting to do the Gumball Rally for the past few years, it just didn't work out. This is the year! I'll be teaming up with my younger daughter and a friend and her younger daughter,
    team "Skip The Drama, Stay With Mama". Can't wait

  7. #52

    • D'land Visitor since '57
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Martin, CA (near San Jose)
    Posts
    179

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StormTheCastle View Post
    I'm too excited to sleep!!! I read the MiceAge page daily and I have been wanting to do the Gumball Rally for the past few years, it just didn't work out. This is the year! I'll be teaming up with my younger daughter and a friend and her younger daughter,
    team "Skip The Drama, Stay With Mama". Can't wait
    Wonderful team name! Sounds so appropriate and fun. We also had been looking at the Rally and wanting to do it, then 3 years ago finally could fit it into our schedule, and we've been back every year since! See you at the Rally!
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

  8. #53

    •   
    • Is it rally time yet?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    46

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    Does anyone know where to get a really good, cheap deal on printing shirts for the Rally? I'd probably only want to print 3 or 4 max? What have people who've competed in the past done to find an affordable but quality shirt printer?
    I'm not sure what other teams have done, so maybe a few other people could chime in too....but I have always used a local print shop. My local guy doesn't have a problem with printing just a couple of shirts, and he costs an average of $5-10 less per shirt than what I was able to find with the big online companies. Also, I was able to try shirts on before the printing, so I know that they fit the way I want them to.
    There is also the option of making your own. You can print your shirt design onto iron-on transfer paper and then simply iron it on. I've never attempted this myself, but I know it can be done. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    ~ Katie ~
    My Gumball Rally teams:
    2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally
    2013 - The Jawawockeez
    2012 - Why is the Rum Gone?

  9. #54

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    624

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    We love the rally. Our first was back in 2010 and had the best experience ever in the park. Here's another chance to share the little video that pi shot while we ran the rally that year. It doesn't do the experience justice tho.

    Mo' Hunny Mo' Problems will see you all there in may!

  10. #55

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    10

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie1228 View Post
    I'm not sure what other teams have done, so maybe a few other people could chime in too....but I have always used a local print shop. My local guy doesn't have a problem with printing just a couple of shirts, and he costs an average of $5-10 less per shirt than what I was able to find with the big online companies. Also, I was able to try shirts on before the printing, so I know that they fit the way I want them to.
    There is also the option of making your own. You can print your shirt design onto iron-on transfer paper and then simply iron it on. I've never attempted this myself, but I know it can be done. Good luck with whatever you choose.

    Katie1228, what local company do you use? I'm in roseville as well!
    2014 Team: Happiness is Mickey Mouse & Margaritas

  11. #56

    •   
    • Is it HAUNT time yet?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    not close enough to the park
    Posts
    13

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Edie View Post
    Katie1228, thanks for the information about the team spirit, team logo, and team name awards. Great to hear this information; we've got our spy glasses out and "The Gumball Gumshoes" are ready to hunt down those clues! Our motto: "We always get our Clue".
    Great team name! Will be cool to have others from Las Vegas at the rally. Hope to meet you

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie1228 View Post
    Great team name! I look forward to meeting you and your team at the Rally! And hey - just noticed you're in Las Vegas. My sister (who is also my teammate) lives there too. Cool.
    Hey, that's me!!! Really getting excited for this sis!!!
    Kim

    Gumball Rally teams:
    2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally (23rd place!!!)
    2013 - The Jawawockeez (30th place!!!)
    2012 - Why Is The Rum Gone?

  12. #57

    •   
    • Is it rally time yet?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    46

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ashez007 View Post
    Katie1228, what local company do you use? I'm in roseville as well!
    Not sure if it's cool that I put specific business info on this thread or not, so I'll send you a private message.
    Last edited by Katie1228; 03-25-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    ~ Katie ~
    My Gumball Rally teams:
    2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally
    2013 - The Jawawockeez
    2012 - Why is the Rum Gone?

  13. #58

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Claremont, California
    Posts
    57

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    News flash - I just noticed on the Disneyland Resort calendar that Disneyland is set up open at 9 am on May 3rd (just like last year).

    Have to admit I'm a bit bummed out about this, but I guess this will increase the challenge and possibly allow everyone to sleep in a bit longer.

  14. #59

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,185
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyanaFan View Post
    News flash - I just noticed on the Disneyland Resort calendar that Disneyland is set up open at 9 am on May 3rd (just like last year).

    Have to admit I'm a bit bummed out about this, but I guess this will increase the challenge and possibly allow everyone to sleep in a bit longer.
    No you still need to get up for breakfast At ESPN
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

  15. #60

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Claremont, California
    Posts
    57

    Re: MiceChat Gumball Rally: May 3rd, 2014 Discussion Thread

    My memory is that last year with the later start the ESPN breakfast began about 45 minutes later than it would have with the 8 am start.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MiceChat Gumball Rally - May 1st, 2010 - We Need Your Vote!
    By Dustysage in forum Contests, Meets and Events
    Replies: 374
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 08:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •