Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Gumball Rally 2014 - Best Team Name and Logo Contest

The 2014 Gumball Rally is less than weeks away! Time to show off your creative spirit. This year, we will give away three unique awards at the Gumball Rally, one for Best Team Name, one for Best Team Logo, and a Team Spirit Award.

We invite teams who would like to be in consideration for the Logo and Name contests to post their names and/or logos here and make their best case for why they should win. They can lobby all they want, but the final voting will be done by the 100+ Rally volunteers on game day. They'll get a complete list of all candidates who entered in this thread and then turn in their votes for Best Team Name, Best Team Logo and Team Spirit Award at the end of their shift.

So, let's see what you've got folks. Show us your creativity!

IMPORTANT NOTE: All Entries MUST be received by 4pm on Wednesday April 30th!

- Dusty and the Gumball Rally Crew
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Grillmaster & Bottle Wshr

Re: Gumball Rally 2014 - Best Team Name and Logo Contest

Introducing:

Name:  gumball logo small.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  92.1 KB

The Firehouse One Plus Two!

With the theme of this year's Rally being "Classic", my wife and I took the opportunity to show our kids some "Disneyland" and "Wonderful World of Color" TV episodes.

As we were watching Dateline: Disneyland, we kept an eye out for possible team names. After throwing out a few (the Jungle Cruisers), the Firehouse 5+2 performance in Frontierland came on. My oldest son (who is a part of our team) asked who that group was? We told him that they were an actual band, made up of Disney Artists and Animators, who played gigs in Southern California, put out numerous records, and made several Disney TV appearances. That's when it hit us: we would be the Firehouse One Plus Two (although we fight over who is the one)!
    After searching for F5+2 logos, we found one that was a Firehat with a clarinet and a trumpet crossed behind a la Jolly Roger style. Since none of us really play instruments, we changed them to something we knew quite well: FOOD! The crossed instruments were traded for a crossed churro and turkey leg to give a contemporary vibe to classic inspired logo!

Hope everyone enjoys!

Bill Heinrich (the "One" in Firehouse One Plus Two!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    FTd!

Go Beavers!!!

Mo' Hunny Mo' Problems
    Name:  gumball.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  74.1 KB

•   

Our team name is "Happiness is Mickey Mouse & Margaritas!" because at the end of a very long & stressful work week, all my team wants is a margarita from CA Adventure and some Disney magic to wind down and relax!! What could be better?!
    Name:  happiness-is.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  35.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2015 Team: Off With Your Head
    2014 Team: Happiness is Mickey Mouse & Margaritas

• Mmmm...

No Time for Snack Bar is returning for our third year! No mint juleps, corn dogs, monte cristo sandwiches, fried chicken, churros, ice cream sandwiches or pineapple whips will get in the way of our victory. Well, we hope.

Name:  no time for snack bar 1.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  212.3 KB
    Name:  no time for snack bar 2.2.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  99.6 KB
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar
    Go ahead, wait in line for that Pineapple Whip. I won't stop you.

• D'land Visitor since '57

Last year we split: One team became two,
    But this time around we’ve been reborn,

We’re out for fun, it’s deja vu,

‘Cuz we’re
    Team It Doesn’t Matterhorn!

Name:  Gumball Casey Jr.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  94.9 KB
    Last edited by lctom1; 04-16-2014 at 09:36 PM.
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

Name:  tikitankers.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  7.4 KB
    TIKI TANKERS
    Why? Because we're AWESOME!!!!! If anyone is looking for us, we'll be hiding in The Haunted mansion with Spiked Dole Whips...

After a one year hiatus from Rally, we are back and ready to roll once again! After much debate on a new team name, we figured out that our mutual love for Fantasmic! and general lack of interest in World of Color was the unifying factor of our team this year. This may be the most polarizing team name in the Rally, but in our minds, it is a no contest in the Fantasmic vs World of Color debate. Without further ado, I present:

Team W.O.W. (Waste of Water)

Name:  WOW logo.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  115.0 KB

If you want to hang out with us (and the trophy) after the rally, you can find us at Fantasmic!

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by ashez007 View Post
    Our team name is "Happiness is Mickey Mouse & Margaritas!" because at the end of a very long & stressful work week, all my team wants is a margarita from CA Adventure and some Disney magic to wind down and relax!! What could be better?!
    Love your name, and the logo, too,
    A nice glass which the ears adorn,
    Getting a drink is great, and when you do,
    Don't forget us,
    It Doesn't Matterhorn
    !
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

•     

Name:  Screen shot 2014-04-16 at 4.54.17 PM.png
Views: 971
Size:  52.6 KB

Our team has known each other for 14 years, since the little princesses were in Kindergarten. Together and separately, we have survived Girl Scouts, sibling rivalry, horses, sports, dance, theater, public education, drivers' ed, crushes, boyfriends and breakups, first jobs, college..... and at last we see the light....at the end of the tunnel.

Participating in our first Gumball Rally, we are
    Skip the drama, stay with Mama!

Team Name: Mickey's Agents of M.O.U.S.E. (Making Overelaborate and Useless Slogans for Everything)

Team Logo(s):

You may be familiar with our sister organization, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., founded in the same era in which Disneyland was built:

True to our name, on the day of the rally, we will be employing our R.A.C.E. strategy (Ride Attractions, Crush Everyone) in conjunction with standard D.O.N.T. S.T.O.P. protocol (Diligence Only; No Time to Sleep, Talk Or Pee). For further operational details, say "hi" to agents Ashley and David at the rally or contact us on an encrypted line at [REDACTED].

See you at the rally!

We are the "Almost Newlyweds"! We had our first date at Disneyland 4 years ago and now we are celebrating our fairytale wedding on May 24! In our last few weeks of being engaged, we are so excited to compete in our first Gumball Rally!
    Name:  Almost Newlyweds.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  47.8 KB

• I Heart DL!

Although I'm SURE the picture requires no explanation, here's a little background...
    Last year was our first Gumball Rally and we competed as The Lost Girls. We had a BLAST! Definitely the most fun we've ever had at Disneyland. Since the rally was on May the 4th we were geeking out about Star Wars all weekend. Also, the day of the rally was my first ride on Star Tours 2.0 and I absolutely LOVED it! (We loved it so much in fact, after racing to turn in our rally packets, we went BACK into the park to ride one more time before returning to the awards ceremony). Anyway, we were quoting Admiral Ackbar a lot on our trip. "It's a Trap!"
    The day after the rally we decided to check out Princess Fantasy Faire but had no intention of waiting in line until we saw the amazing wait time sign- My all time favorite Princess is Aurora and Chrissy's is Ariel- and they both were there! We turned to each other and simultaneously exclaimed "IT'S OUR PRINCESSES" in Admiral Ackbar's voice. And thus- OMG- IT'S OUR PRINCESSES! was born!
    Name:  OMGITSOURPRINCESSES.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  72.0 KB

Yep... we are weird...
    We are always thankful for finding our BESTIE soul mates!

Look for team OMG IT'S OUR PRINCESSES! We will of course be dressed as "our princesses", but in their casual "day wear"
    CAN'T WAIT!

All great submittals... Suggestions and places go to have team name and logos done?? (Anaheim/Orange/Fullerton, CA) Newbie here... Help Help... Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kandirae View Post
    Although I'm SURE the picture requires no explanation, here's a little background...
    Last year was our first Gumball Rally and we competed as The Lost Girls. We had a BLAST! Definitely the most fun we've ever had at Disneyland. Since the rally was on May the 4th we were geeking out about Star Wars all weekend. Also, the day of the rally was my first ride on Star Tours 2.0 and I absolutely LOVED it! (We loved it so much in fact, after racing to turn in our rally packets, we went BACK into the park to ride one more time before returning to the awards ceremony). Anyway, we were quoting Admiral Ackbar a lot on our trip. "It's a Trap!"
    The day after the rally we decided to check out Princess Fantasy Faire but had no intention of waiting in line until we saw the amazing wait time sign- My all time favorite Princess is Aurora and Chrissy's is Ariel- and they both were there! We turned to each other and simultaneously exclaimed "IT'S OUR PRINCESSES" in Admiral Ackbar's voice. And thus- OMG- IT'S OUR PRINCESSES! was born!
    Name:  OMGITSOURPRINCESSES.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  72.0 KB

Yep... we are weird...
    We are always thankful for finding our BESTIE soul mates!

Look for team OMG IT'S OUR PRINCESSES! We will of course be dressed as "our princesses", but in their casual "day wear"
    CAN'T WAIT!
    I like! Last years rally we were team IT'S A TRAMP!
    Name:  tumblr_lbf5q34NcZ1qdzl35o1_500.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  50.5 KB

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast