• Disney-holic

Smile Club 33 Guest for 50th Bday

I am celebrating my 50th birthday at Disneyland and will be there beginning 7/23 for 3 nights staying at the Disneyland Hotel. It has been one of my greatest desires since the age of 10 (back in the days of the Wonderful World of Disney) to go to Club 33. If there are any MiceChat Club 33 members who would allow me to be their guest for a meal during that stay, my dreams would be fulfilled!! My actual birthdate is 7/24/64. Of course, my darling husband and I would reimburse for any costs incurred -- with eternal gratitude! Thank you in advance for your consideration.

•   
    • Banned User

Re: Club 33 Guest for 50th Bday

I'm not a member but I have an inside track on this issue that may explain the silence.

The Club isn't open yet. After a nearly 6-7 month refurb the club will be getting a preview night on 7/16 after which it may be open sometime later that week.

The problem is, even if it is open on 7/24 you'd have to get in line behind 600+ members and all of their guests. These members have been waiting half a year for this opening and reservations for the club are impacted. One truly couldn't be asking to visit the club at a worse time than right now. I don't think "impacted" is even the right word, it's worse than that.

In the event that someone does/did respond to you then my congratulations. I'm honestly thinking it's about a 0.5% chance at this point. Perhaps in about another 3-6 months one might try this with better results, but for now...?

Oh, its busy but not that bad. The club opens on the 18th of this month. The new reservation policy has made reservations much more available for members. Infact, opening weekend is the only time as of today that is completely booked, after that you can get a table here and there. Reservations are not required in the lounge, perhaps a member would take you in there. Keep up hope, and maybe something will come up. Keep up the optimism!

I think a bigger problem than reservations is that this is your first post on this forum. No one knows you. When you let someone in on your membership you are legally responsible for their behavior and we have all read stories of guests behaving badly. The odds of someone risking their membership for a complete stranger are slim. You might have better luck asking anyone you know who works for a company that has a corporate membership - they might be able to get you in.

Executive memberships don't want to be jeopardized either.