Now it is time to think about food. I know. It is a long time before our trip to WDW, but soon it will be time to make reservations. On April 26, dining reservations can be made at almost all the WDW restaurants for out October trip.
Dining is one of the great Disney experiences of WDW. There are so many settings, themes and cuisines. I suggest that you take advantage of as many experiences as your budget can afford.
On or after April 26, call Disney dining, 1-(407)- 939-3463, and make reservations. There is no toll free number. You will be given choices of dining times. The longer you wait, the fewer available reservations at the most popular times. If you wait too long, there might not be any available times. It is very typical for WDW restaurants to be booked solid, especially the best or most affordable.
Keep a record of the confirmation codes that are given you. Take those numbers with you on the trip. Make sure you write down the EXACT time too. You will be expected to show up 20 minutes ahead of that time. If there is a problem, you will have the confirmation codes to verify.
There are many resources that can explain to you the prices and types of dining available. You now have one month to ask around as to suggestions.
Try the Exotic
My suggestions are to try the exotic. Pick a cuisine that you don’t normally have. It is fun to explore new food choices and new settings.
There are many reasons to stick to buffets at WDW.
• There are a lot of them. You have many to choose from in the parks and at the resorts.
• There is usually something there to please everybody in the group, kids, vegetarians,big eaters, and sweet lovers.
• You can try a little bit of everything. If it is something you don’t like, then you can try something else.
• Everything is usually included, even dessert.
• The meal goes quicker. You don’t have to wait for service. If you are like me, I want to go back to the attractions as fast as I can.
• The food quality is usually superior to counter service, but not that much more expensive.
• It usually works out to be more economical since you can have a big lunch at a buffet and have a lighter dinner, saving money.
Even if you don’t only choose buffets, they are a great choice.
Make your reservations early
Once you know where, then work out when. Plan which parks you want to hit what days. If you change your mind, no problem. Call back and make a change, but you will only have the available times to choose from.
I do have restaurants that are just the best, either because of the food or atmosphere. I plan on trying some new ones on this trip.
1) Boma-- It has been rated 5 stars. If you have never had African, this is the place. The quality is outstanding and choices plentiful. It is at the DAK resort. It makes a wonderful dinner location for a day at DAK.
2) Crystal Palace-- If you are a Pooh lover, this is the place. Although noisier than most locations, kids and adults will find the food excellent and characters charming.
3) 1900 Park Fare-- Also a character meal, featuring Cinderella and friends. It is a good excuse to see the Grand Floridian resort. Great food and charming atmosphere.
4) Hollywood and Vine-- The atmosphere is bland here, but the food is very good. I still think it is a great choice if atmosphere is not your thing.
5) Akershus Royal Buffet-- You might not have heard of Norwegian food. It scares some people. Believe me. There is nothing frightening here. Hot food is cooked for you when you order. Cool food is available immediately. I found it a great experience.
6) ‘Ohanas-- Hawaiian food brought to your table. Great selection with a wonderful view of the Magic Kingdom.
7) Whispering Canyon Cafe-- Western food served by performing servers who sound like they are missing more they their six-shooters. Fun for kids and the family...
Not buffets but still great restaurants:
>> Restaurant Marrakesh-- A belly dancer in Disney style provide unique entertainment. A wonderful middle eastern selection is generally affordable. Most avoid this restaurant because they think the food is too spicy. In reality, it is very mild.
>> Le Cellier-- Canadian with a strong French influence makes this mainly steak place a wonderful pick. Most enjoy this restaurant very much. Remember to try the cheese soup!