Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: COLORADO (and western region) Micechatters Meet!

I know one suggestion I have is that I'm going to be in Denver (Westminster) for a conference the second week of June, I believe (for some reason, it's not coming up on my Palm schedule right now...hmmmm...).

I'll be at the Westin. It means that you don't have to drive all the way into Denver to meet, Quas, but it means that Neff will, and we all know what hell Denver traffic can be.

What about, like (looks at the calendar) the weekend of the June 17th? I'm in training in the morning, but I could meet for a late lunch, early dinner. We could all gather at Park Meadows, stake out a space in the food court and pretend we're all a value resort. Nothing big, just say hey, take some pics to post here and then move on...(I'd have to probably go visit MotherUnitPrime over in Aurora. If she knew I was in the Denver Metro area, well, it could get ugly if I didn't show and be nice!)..to whatever. People could go to the poopiehead Disney Store there or plain go to Restoration Hardware or Crate and Barrell kinda thing.

Even if it's the three of us (Roo, Neph and Quas) it would be worth it.

Anyone? Ideas?

Peace!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Rawr...

Park Meadows sounds good. I can go as long as its before the 23 of June. I just got really excited for all of this!!! W00t!
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Rawr...

So:
    My finals are over with and done, and at 2 hours into my summer I am already bored (bad news). So my creative interests spark up (good news) and I made a logo for us Colorod-ish micechatters: PUT IT ON YOUR SIG LINE! I DEMMAND IT!!!... that is, if you want to...

• Practically Perfect

wow...I called for order and now I can't contribute. I need to figure out my summer job and everything first I guess (I was just really excited about this!). I should know a date around the end of May. I can't wait to meet everyone!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Sounds fine with me Quas, I'm still teaching pretty much up until the end of May, so I'm pretty busy (I have the elementary school play next week, what fun).

Let's just keep everyone updated and keep this thread open for other Colorado notes.

I have to admit, I met another Colorado Disney fan on another chat/board and things were, well, weird. The dude started calling us three or four times a day and started sending threatening emails when we didn't respond. Then he showed up at our house--and since we're not listed, we were impressed by his tenacity but feared his personality.

If any of your are planning on being that way, please let me know prior, so I can make sure my contact information is for 'time and temp.'

Nah, it was the humor of the situation, I can laugh at it now. He was a bit compulsive, in that he liked an over-abundance of consistency and, coupled with a low self esteem, I think he needed us to validate himself. He was new in town as well. He failed to realize that I'd lived here for 15 years already and had a life. And if he saw me with other people or saying I had other plans, he'd go ape.

And I wasn't even dating him. Go figure.

When my grandmother passed away, he was like, "why didn't you call? I could support you in your misery!?" I was like, "um, after one month? You are weird. *click*."

And that was that. Sure, he called and the emails kept coming, but I didn't answer, just kept a file, in case I wound up dead or something. I knew if I responded in any way, that was validation to him and he wouldn't stop.

I'm pretty talkative this morning. Just thought I'd put this tale out there--it was over a year ago, and no phone calls, so no worries.

Peace out,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Original Mice-Chatter

I'm open.....so I am kinda standing back and letting you guys work out the dates.

Memorial Day weekend I want to see DQ- who else thinks they will be there?

Otherwise just pick a date and I'll be there- we can start easy, like Park Meadows hang out.....and then later on we can plan something more like Water World or Elitch's.....

• Rawr...

If any of your are planning on being that way, please let me know prior, so I can make sure my contact information is for 'time and temp.'
    I'll just have to sneak up behind you the day of the meet and whisper "why didn't you return my calls or emails" whenever I see you at the meet. BWAHAHAHAHA*cough*..... yea, I won't do that.

I'm tired...

• Original Mice-Chatter

Poor Roo- getting all stalked and stuff!

• Practically Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719

I have to admit, I met another Colorado Disney fan on another chat/board and things were, well, weird. The dude started calling us three or four times a day and started sending threatening emails when we didn't respond. Then he showed up at our house--and since we're not listed, we were impressed by his tenacity but feared his personality.

you mean that kind of thing isn't okay? drats! THAT'S been my problem all along

nah, I'm really looking forward to putting faces to names and such, maybe making some new friends and all...but I'm not the type of person to stalk people I've just met, usually I get to know them first and THEN start in on the stalking...(kidding again, sorry).

I'd love to meet DQ!! But I don't know yet, lets see what me schedule is like first, I'll keep you posted though!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Sad but true tales--my family *shudders* is coming for a visit down here on Memorial Day. And I'm going to have to grill them all, er, um grill FOR them all. It's kinda a family tradition, they come down from Aurora, we all go to Territory Days and then head back to my Walden for burgers and weiners.

I'd invite you, but, well, like I said, it's my FAMILY.

Oy vey.

But once they're gone, we'll all be chippers, I'm sure.

Peace,
    Roo

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Hey, do we wanna plan a 'virtual meet' in the chat room some weekday evening? Just to kinda premeet? Just popped into my head.

It's an idea.

Peace,
    RooLou

• Rawr...

Once again... Im down! I'm a bit uh-cited!!!

• Rawr...

Eh, looks like Im not going to be able to make any meet. Sorry folks!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Hey Roo- I am down in the Springs alot lately cause my BF lives there- maybe I could meet you for a soda or something

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

TWO THINGS:

Indy? What's up? WHy so cryptic? Is it the Disneyholics Anonymous saying you can't hang with us no more?

Secondly:
    Oh, my dear Neff, is the situation do dire up North that you have to export yourself down here?

It's either that or you've met a great guy!

I think it's great, not a problem. I'm kinda busy, we're closing out the play this week and then I have two weeks left of the usual work.

In other words, I'll get back to you! What area of the Springs is he in? (You don't have to out him, as it were, you can PM me for privacy!)

And take care.

Peace,
    Roo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast